It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zahi Hawass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
So, since Egypt is going over to a new leadership... isn't it time that Zahi Hawass gets thrown out on his bum?

I haven't heard anything from this guy through everything thats been going on in Egypt. As for me, I think this guy is one of the biggest crackpots in Egypt that needs to be replaced.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yes I agree!!! I was waiting to see if anyone else was going to comment on that fact. I would love to see him gone and all his power stripped. Maybe then the rest of he world can know the truth about all the things he has kept secret and have true information. We will have to see what happens.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fedeykin

Maybe, Hawass was appointed to his positions by Mubarak. I don't the military will get involved with this kinda stuff though. We might have to wait until they elect someone.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

That show on TV he had about underlings following him around dig sites was real dumb. He just walked around spouting nonsense about how great his accomplishments were. Very full of himself

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Thats crazy, I was wondering what they would do with Zahi a few days ago and then forgot. Thinking about it, it would be awesome for that stooge to be kicked out of the Cairo museum. Mabey see some of the REAL research on the chambers and galleries within the pyramids.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I thought this would come up sooner or later, I always liked the guy and didn't get why so many here on ATS seemed to despise him, I just chalked it up to typical internet hate. And then I saw his show, wow what an a hole that guy is so full of himself and that I don't have so much of a problem with but he seems to treat everyone around him like dirt, almost as if he's a modern day Pharaoh and they should bow before his greatness. I used to really like the guy and when he appeared on a show I was hooked glued to the screen similar to when Michio Kaku shows up, not anymore though he got his own show and his true colors shinned brightly for all to see, what an eye opener, jerk.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Zahi Hawass needs to look up into the Mideastern sky on 3/12 2011 and watch the Egyptian/Christian story. Ra/Jesus will be seen rising at 22:33:any seconds.The milky way and the star Altair are geb/nut and Mary/angel with Venus/love/spirit giving birth to the rising sun/son/Ra/Jesus with Set/Saturn/Satan near by.Pass the word,join the freedom fleet and free more minds.You have been thawed from a frozen 32 to warmer tolenance 33 degrees.This is the global warming TPTB are scared of.This is the time All calenders restart with their creation stories again.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by fedeykin

I think he should stay. Do you think his replacement will be any better?
More likely than not you will get some hard line "Nothing to see here, move along." type who won't engage in any discussion and will limit access to the extreme.

Though Hawass may do a lot of "poo-poo"ing on alternative theories, he doesn't attempt to quash all dissent.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Does anyone know how he is viewed in Egypt? What kind of reputation does he have with the scientific, archeological, or common man communities? I personally have been expecting him to shoot himself in the foot with his rhetoric and self aggrandizing, but have also been concerned that any replacement may be a better person yet not as well suited for the job. Most certainly a replacement would lack the knowledge he posses. This could be a disaster in the making, or if enough fear is planted in Hawass regarding his future maybe he will begin playing nicer in an attempt to retain his highly coveted position. Would it be possible this uprising could create a kinder, gentler Hawass?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

I know someone that is an Egyptologist and she said the guy was all ego. Also said that anything in regards to antiquity had to go through him. A gate keeper for all the good Ancient Egyptian stuff. I never liked him for that reason, but I've also imagined him as the assigned protector that kept anomalous things hidden until the time was right. It will be interesting to see what happens with that as time goes on.

new topics

top topics

join