It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Veteran Ufo Threads

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Maybe...Maybe Not posted some decent threads.

The “Original” Foo Fighter Photo – Is It “Real”?

Revisiting The 1994 Nellis Air Force Base UFO Video

I wonder what it is that dictates the course threads take? Many that have been posted so far involve a good conversation with no hysterics, nobody trying the 'shut down' and quite a lot of questions. In contrast, how many more have we seen, or been involved in, that have Mod warnings and lots of bickering?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
I wonder what it is that dictates the course threads take? Many that have been posted so far involve a good conversation with no hysterics, nobody trying the 'shut down' and quite a lot of questions. In contrast, how many more have we seen, or been involved in, that have Mod warnings and lots of bickering?

All those have substance and details reports. Even uber skeptics find value

Either that or the trolls missed them

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Just thought I would consolidate the threads suggested so far. Thanks again for contributing to:

ATS VETERAN UFO THREADS - A GREAT PLACE TO START

ATS UFO Chronology

JKROG's Work

Questions For Phage, Chadwickus, Easynow and Internos

Show Just One Real Ufo Pic

The Strangest Ufo Pics To Date

NAVY Space Command Uncovered

Astronauts on Skylab 3 photographed GIANT UFO 1973

The RB-47 UFO Encounter (Internos)

The Lakenheath-Bentwaters UFO Incident (JKrog08)

The Kenneth Arnold Sighting

The Gorman Dogfight (JKRog08)

The Kinross Incident (Gazrock)

The 1966 Westall Incident (Chadwickus)

The Rendlesham Forest UFO - What really Happened? (Rising Against)

The Betty Hill Starmap (Spooky Vince)

Astronauts on Skylab 3 photographed GIANT UFO 1973 (Easynow)

The Height 611 UFO Crash (Internos)

UFO and ETs encounter with 62 children in South Africa, 1994 (Zorgon)

Top 100 UFO Cases - Revealed! (IsaacKoi)

Dogon Alien “Mystery” Demystified (IsaacKoi)

UFOs,USOs and the Island of Puerto Rico. (Karl12)

Waving at the aliens - The Papua New Guinea UFO sightings (Ziggystar60)

The Frightening, Unsolved and Disturbing Incident of Nine Dead Skiers (Ozweatherman)

The ATS UFO/Alien Chronological Thread Directory (JKrog08)

The State Of Ufology

A new search for artificial objects at stable Lagrangian points (amateur SETA) (NGChunter)

Australian UFO Reports 1969 (Infaredman)

NASA Ringmakers of Saturn UFOs 2010 *VIDEO* (Watchzeitgiest)

The idea of Flying Saucers pre-1940s (Skyfloating)

Alien Cigar Shaped 'Spaceships' In The Solar System? Try Debunking This! (Mike Singh)

The Oldfield UFO Film - Evidence that some UFOs are mirages (Arbitrageur)

Encounter On Sedona Oak Creek (Revisited)

Night Vision UFO's Clear footage

USO Research

Stalking the UFOs.

Ufology and Hoaxes.

Hostile UFO Encounters: Colares 1977

The Bourkes Flat UFO Case

The 1954 Sea Fury Incident

The Smoking (Anti-Aircraft) Guns (of Los Angeles, 1942)

*Above BlueBook* - Ohio UFO Chase , Portage County April 17, 1966

Gawler Library: UFOs over Gawler?

PRUFOS -´Police Report UFO Sightings´Organisation

UFO Occupants ~ Drawings,Sketches and Non-Human Reports.

Peruvian Air Force pilot shoots at UFO.

UFO hits police car ~ Deputy Sheriff Val Johnson encounter, August,1979

List of Karl12's UFO threads

USO Research
edit on 22-2-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Ran across a similar thread by Gazrok with some additional classics.
Gazrok's UFO Compilation
Man, you just can't find better commentary and presentation than some of these older threads.
Salute to all of those that took the time to create and investigate for the threads

Peace,
spec
edit on 22-2-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I wanted to include the incident(s) that was a tipping point for me. Now this was before I came to ATS, but I am still convinced of et presence in outer space. The documentary Secret Space is what I am speaking of. Granted it contains some fringe conspiracy theories and a few charlatans within, but it is the space footage and analogies that intrigued me. The "tether incident" is from this doc also.
Secret Space Thread
An Astronauts Image And The Teher Incident
NEW Analysis of Tether Incident

Additionally, I want to include a thread by Richard Dolan this month by member spacevisitor:
Richard Dolan- Ufo Coverup In 10 Minutes

Thank you, spec

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Here is a recent one from Easynow about the Yakima WA sighting.
It looks like Washington State has had the most ufo sightings from 1947 - 2005.
The old news footage(before cgi was around), is fascinating!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Further along this thread I will again consolidate to a single page for reference.

peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Maybe...Maybe Not posted some decent threads.

It's an interesting question Kandinsky! Majority of the threads featured within this one are not tabloid-esque by nature, and require some reading, researching and comprehension. In essence, they lure in those who are serious & respectful of the subject matter. Unfortunately, these people are in limited supply here.

In direct contrast we have the tabloid threads that treat UFOlogy like a sci-fi entertainment joke. These lure in the intellectually lazy, immature trolls and wack-jobs. There will be no research whatsoever (other than youtube), the claims will be extra-ordinary, no proof will be supplied upon any request for such, and they will pounce upon anyone who debunks their tripe with facts and research.

The best anyone can expect from this crowd is ad-homs, cognitive dissonance, denial, delusional behaviour and strawman arguments. These types of threads drag on for tens of pages and are essentially, the bread and butter of ATS. Hence why they are allowed to flourish. In my opinion, these types of threads, and members are becoming like noxious weeds, slowly strangling UFOlogy as a whole.

IRM

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Hey IRM, I was wondering if what you speak of is because of the quality(or lack of sometimes) of the surging new memberships, or maybe that the subject itself just has less to discuss, because the bulk of examination has already been done on all of the inconclusive and good ufo stories? Also, the actual good cases occur less frequently it seems, one or two a year maybe. So all that's left is fluff and hence the bulk of associated discussions.
The "Intellectual laziness" you mention made me reflect a moment about my own posting sometimes. I think there is room for some improvement, and I shall exercise the ole gray matter a little more.

I am going to go through some of these cases, study each and make a worthy comment in an effort to brush some of the dust off of them, via bumpage

spec

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Hey IRM, I was wondering if what you speak of is because of the quality(or lack of sometimes) of the surging new memberships, or maybe that the subject itself just has less to discuss, because the bulk of examination has already been done on all of the inconclusive and good ufo stories?

I think it's definitely a bit of both. Sometimes it certainly seems that research in many of the old cases has reached a stalemate or stonewall. However with constant advancement in computer technologies and the ongoing declassification of documents that can be obtained under FOIA, there is always the opportunity to revisit and uncover aspects that will fill in another missing piece of the puzzle.

Also, the actual good cases occur less frequently it seems, one or two a year maybe. So all that's left is fluff and hence the bulk of associated discussions.

Agreed. It's also my opinion that the 'real phenomena' is actually quite rare. What that leaves us with is the human equation. Whether it be honest misidentification (unqualified observance), hoaxing and dishonesty/delusion (be it, intentional or otherwise). Another aspect within the UFOlogical community that merits discussion are the sociological issues. I refer to the substitution of Aliens/UFOs as a faith/religion. The fervour with which some people will defend the indefensible is alarming at best. Unfortunately, faith trumps critical thinking and logic nearly ever time.

The "Intellectual laziness" you mention made me reflect a moment about my own posting sometimes. I think there is room for some improvement, and I shall exercise the ole gray matter a little more.

Heheh! We are all guilty of such on occasions. Hey.. we're all human after all... (except for those claiming to be aliens). It's very true that there is plenty of room for improvement in all of us. There are certainly members here at ATS that I use as a benchmark to aspire to.

I am going to go through some of these cases, study each and make a worthy comment in an effort to brush some of the dust off of them, via bumpage

Great Idea!

IRM

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

It's like this see?

1) A good thread requires actually reading the evidence...
2) A good thread has a lot of back up material
3) A good thread usually is based on material that is very hard to debunk... which is why they are good threads...

Okay on #1 you lose 50%ish of the people right away

Trolls - well they can't understand the material so they can't troll it and go to the youtube threads

Debunkers - well, it is hard to debunk something when there is a lot of evidence that has stumped people for years so they go to the youtube threads and hope people will forget about this thread.

Skeptics - well eve they are interested as a possible maybe... so they go to the youtube threads because its a sure thing and they can get lots of stars. Like Phage did when he first came back

Blind Believers - well they think its cool but really can't add much as it is a well presented case and are not allowed to say "Cool Thread S&F" without bringing the mod squad down on them

Believers - well they can usually add a few good comments but since there are no trolls to fight back with, they go to the youtube thread to do battle

Real researchers - well they just made the thread and are waiting for people to see how great it is... only to find business is slow... so they go make some sensational threads to stir the pot... and hang out in the youtube thread because they are bored waiting

End result GOOD thread run maybe a week and are forgotten, while youtube hoaxed UFO's make international front page news here and in MSM

Did I miss anything?

edit on 25-2-2011 by zorgon because: Chadwickus talked to ArMaP to convince Phage to do it, even though Aliens abducted him

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You nailed it Z!

IRM

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yeah, that's about the sum of it! I posted a thread lately that died the death. As far as I can tell, it's the first time on the internet that Menzel's documents were used. Even NICAP missed them. I should probably have written it better...

edit on 25-2-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hi Zorgon,

That was one of the best posts I've read on ATS.

Is there any solution to the issues you've cogently outlined - other than giving up (which is always an option...)?

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Great breakdown Zorgon. A big problem I see a lot lately is people arent interested in finding the truthful answers or solving the mystery anymore. Its turned into a big game of ego and "im right, your wrong".
edit on 2/25/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
Great breakdown Zorgon. A big problem I see a lot lately is people arent interested in finding the truthful answers or solving the mystery anymore. Its turned into a big game of ego and "im right, your wrong".

Actually I thought it had turned into a game of "If you solve the mystery, you're a dis-info agent and part of the cover-up".

IRM

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05

Actually I thought it had turned into a game of "If you solve the mystery, you're a dis-info agent and part of the cover-up".

IRM

I laugh when I hear people say that. Its obvious they have no point to argue and nothing to add to the discussion . I consider that a form of 'tapping out'.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I felt compelled to add this one to the mix by one of our vets, Rising Against. Outstanding work with numerous gems of info regarding potential alien life here. Cheers to him!

spec

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
reply to post by zorgon

Hi Zorgon,

That was one of the best posts I've read on ATS.

Is there any solution to the issues you've cogently outlined - other than giving up (which is always an option...)?

All the best,

Isaac

There's a possible solution (cf. Front page: Top stories, hot topics, and BEST RATED?). Unfortunately I don't think it's in the interest of page views and therefore ad revenue. So the chances of it getting implemented are low.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by imrippinit

This site is a hoax. Reminds me of project blue book from the 70s designed to explain away the truth. That's all.

Who stars this stuff?

The site isn't a 'hoax.'

Project Blue Book wasn't 'from the 70s.'

The thread's entire reason for existence is to link up threads that don't 'explain away the truth.'

@Extraeme - glad you bumped this; I'd forgotten it.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I'll give it a BUMP too!

IRM

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join