It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random thought, What people do blind from birth dream of?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Just a random thought.... any ideas?

I'd guess sound and touch but but there are people out there who are deaf, have no feeling and are blind (probably) so what they heck do they dream of?!

edit on 12/2/2011 by constant_thought because: Subject typo

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by constant_thought

Thoughts maybe?

Sitting down listening to tunes. Whatever they do I suppose.

What ever problems are in the subconscious mind of the person will be acted out in the blind persons dreams in a way similar to how they perceive things when they are awake?

Just a guess.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Apparently they dream of emotions, sounds, voices, feelings etc. But obviously no light.

However people who become blind later in life often dream of subject matter derived from experiences which occurred before their affliction.

psych.ucsc.edu...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Aliens was the answer.

If any onlookers thought in there minds the above answer then you win
8 lucky coins
A badge of the-suddenly-surprised-expression. It'll get you at some point in your day, when drinking coffee or something...
6 sets of badger trimmings
and a cocoon-canoe (perfect for those river expeditions you've always been wanting to go on)

cooonngratulaaationnnnsss

edit: this was posted when I realised this was a bit of a silly question and no one would reply haha

edit on 12/2/2011 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

Apparently they dream of emotions, sounds, voices, feelings etc. But obviously no light.

However people who become blind later in life often dream of subject matter derived from experiences which occurred before their affliction.

psych.ucsc.edu...

Yea i would imagine that if you developed blindness you would still have your imagination as you know what images/things are and you can then create anything from that. but to have no reference i.e. being blind since birth must be awful.
I love dreams

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

im not sure,ive never asked or known one,but my guess is, the minds eye is more visual and exquisite when thats all you have without the distraction of the other senses combined,they probably see our true reality because the eyes are just sensors for our brain to pick up images of solidity and decode the reality we think we live in when in true reality is no more than a matrix of energy and computer program

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Thoughts maybe?

Sitting down listening to tunes. Whatever they do I suppose.

What ever problems are in the subconscious mind of the person will be acted out in the blind persons dreams in a way similar to how they perceive things when they are awake?

Just a guess.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

Yea i didn't think of music, I would think that that would play a big part. I know for me that even though I see I still love music to bits so if I were blind I would imagin it would be the same but with more depth on the sound. Music with no distractions really i suppose!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
another thought is that even if they are just blind from birth HOW could you possibly convey what colour and shape is to them anyway. They might very well be seeing these things but you just wouldn't be able to comunicate it across.
I know myself that i cant think of a way to describe colour without saying light, red, shades or even something like intense areas or something. but they still wount know any of those even though they may very well be seeing a mass of colour themselves

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I would imagine that such a person would have a highly attuned sense of feeling, in order to compensate for the lack of other senses. They could literally be able to "sense" what is around them, almost like sharks can detect changes in electromagnetic pulses. Perhaps, what they can sense, is beyond what we would even be able to imagine...

new topics

top topics

join