It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I aint no ape!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
How can they honestly say we came from ape's? i mean if that was true wouldnt we still be evoulving today?

I understand our dna is nearly the same but near enough is not enough to make me believe....
Where else could we have come from? did alien's seed earth? did god make us?

Whats are your thoughts?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
My thoughts are first to say hello and welcome! I'm not an ape either.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by starfighter1978

Hi starfighter1978, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. A forum to tell us a bit about your self. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

ATS Video Tutorials

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Ooh ooh aah aah!

Oooh aah eee eee!

OOaak ooak!

Hee hee hee.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Look forward to your posts - this is a tough crowd, so, 1) Never take anything personally and 2) Never take anything personally

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
we are evolving still, when a black man mates with a white women, that is evolving. people are growing taller and that is evolving too.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What would Dr.Zayus think

Hello and welcome.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Look up the member "madnessinmysoul". He'll explain everything to you.
Otherwise, welcome to the machine.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
well none of you have really answered my question... maybe one day we will all find out i spoze

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

will do mate thanks

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

To start with this is the introduction forum.. For you to tell us a bit about you. Not for you to get around the 20 post rule by opening a Topical thread in the introductions forum.

So tell us, what brought you here?
What are your interests besides monkey's

edit on 12/2/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
"wouldn't we still be evolving today"

cancels out

"The similarities between the DNA are almost the same, but not enough for me to believe"

Google is for simple questions, not ATS.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by starfighter1978
How can they honestly say we came from ape's? i mean if that was true wouldnt we still be evoulving today?

I understand our dna is nearly the same but near enough is not enough to make me believe....
Where else could we have come from? did alien's seed earth? did god make us?

Whats are your thoughts?

We are Great apes.
Like Gorilla's, Orangutans and Chimpanzees. We are tailless great apes.
And we are still evolving today.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Human life span and recorded history isn't a long enough stretch of time to determine that we're not evolving.

Technology and processed foods are making us fatter and lazier (at least here in America). That seems to me like a short span evolution or devolving of our species.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
We didn't evolve from apes, we evolved from ape like creatures on the same species line as apes, we share a common ancestor, Australopithecus.
edit on 12/2/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
My grandmother use to say ,"You teach them they come from apes and you don't expect them to act like one."....

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Ghandi makes great points above, and Segador is right, we are Great Apes...but here's a place to start from if you want to know our place within Zoological Taxonomy...

Homo sapiens is an Animal, Chordate, Vertebrate, Mammal, Eutherian, Primate, Anthropoid, Catarrhine, Hominoid, Hominid, and Hominin. - Conrad Phillip Kottak- Anthropology, Appreciating Human Diversity

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

We didn't come from apes, but we share a common ancestor with the chimpanzee. The theory of evolution seems to do quite well at explaining what we observe in the world. Put simply, individuals who survive and procreate have traits that are favorable in the environment at that point in time. Here's a ridiculous hypothetical situation to help you understand: After a nuclear war, all food except for dairy products are destroyed. Those who are lactose intolerant would die and there would cease to be anyone with that genetic trait (the inability to digest lactose), thus cleansing the earth of those sub-human enzyme-lacking freaks (Hahahaha, merely joking of course) That is a minute change in the human species and thus evolution. (Of course, if all we had to eat was dairy, I'm sure we'd all die of malnutrition anyway.) There are many types of events that propel evolution... Mate selection, bottlenecking (when most of a population dies and only a small amount are left. With the smaller gene pool, the species is prone to change quicker.) ect... However, there is certainly potential for genetic manipulation from aliens in our past, one should not exclude that possibility if they are objective. Also, the ideas of God and evolution are not mutually exclusive as Richard Dawkins would want you to believe, and one may have a belief in both.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

To start with this is the introduction forum.. For you to tell us a bit about you. Not for you to get around the 20 post rule by opening a Topical thread in the introductions forum.

So tell us, what brought you here?
What are your interests besides monkey's

edit on 12/2/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)
well im not that new and i'm not trying to get the so called 20 post's so you should not say that cause you dont no anything about me.... i see things how they are you dont like i say get over it i put these post up because i want to find out what people think AKA you guy's so stop pickin on the not so new guy ok.....;-)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhateverHappens
Welcome to ATS! Look forward to your posts - this is a tough crowd, so, 1) Never take anything personally and 2) Never take anything personally

WOW your not wrong about that

top topics

<<   2 >>

join