It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The map of "the Creator"... 120 million years old ?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Is the map of the Creator a hoax or are we just simply not able to date when a stone was carved?
You can test the age of the stone, but can we test when markings were made on it?

this story popped up whilst i was searching for something else and I found it interesting so thought i would throw it out there.. We do tend to find ancient things that stun us, yet we don't really allow these things to change the world as it should.. It would be incredible if it was very much older than we can consider.

Can a civilisation, so very old, disappear without almost no trace?
Are we reliving something that we had already achieved before yet messed up for some reason?

A find of Bashkir scientists contraries to traditional notions of human history: stone slab which is 120 million years covered with the relief map of Ural Region. This seems to be impossible. Scientists of Bashkir State University have found indisputable proofs of an ancient highly developed civilization’s existence. The question is about a great plate found in 1999, with picture of the region done according to an unknown technology. This is a real relief map. Today’s military has almost similar maps. The map contains civil engineering works: a system of channels with a length of about 12,000 km, weirs, powerful dams. Not far from the channels, diamond-shaped grounds are shown, whose destination is unknown. The map also contains some inscriptions. Even numerous inscriptions. At first, the scientists thought that was Old Chinese language. Though, it turned out that the subscriptions were done in a hieroglyphic-syllabic language of unknown origin. The scientists never managed to read it…
english.pravda.ru...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dbc465cadae4.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I don't think it's a hoax personally.

I think it's just a case of fallacious dating techniques.

The slab of stone in question is obviously quite ancient, but I would say more like 4000-8000 yrs guesstimate? This is based entirely on my pre-conceived notions and is a hypothesis, I concede.

But how on Earth could you date something like this to 120million years old with any accuracy at all?

You cannot date the stone, it would only show how old the stone itself was.

There is almost no way to date carvings in stone. It's very tricky.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
or just maybe the planet it self isnt as old as we think she is .......

i mean none of us were around when this planet was born so how can we know for sure...

all science is is a best guess at anyones best guess....

other then that the only ones who would know for sure would be ETS because they have always been around and their not talking .

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
is there not a method where you can work out the surface of the stone in comparison to the depth of any markings placed onto it and then 'weigh-in' errosion and stuff too? wild thinking I know but i can't see why it's not possible..

Even to give a more closer estimate.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

If it was known where the stone was for all that time then dating the carving by erosion might be possible, but how do you confirm the atmosphere and conditions it had been in for all that time.

Reminds me of the human and dinosaur footprints fossilised in the same piece of stone showing that they did live around the same time. How do we know one or both of the prints weren't made later by a hoaxer?

Has anyone looked on the back of this rock for the "made in china".
edit on 12/2/2011 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Those footrpints gave me the idea as to how to study the map dating issue.. i remember a docu where they x-rayed the prints and could see the stone inside where it had been compacted as mud to be fossilised later..

they said you can't fake that.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Pravda online is a sensationalist news site.
It's like a slightly more serious version of Weekly World News.

Bat-boy, Elvis lives, etc.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I read about this thing a while back to me its hard to see what they're talking about by pictures and for some reason I could only find a few pics all together an all crappy angles if its reliefed into rock...personally I think it's legit but more likely carved sometime around 18000 B.C.E an thats just a guesstimation on that because that seems to be when Gobekli Tempe and a few other places we're doing amazing stonework at least by what the storys say on the net

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Smart thinking that.

I presume mohammed went to the mountain and they took the xray equipment to the site?

A bit different with a carving then...hmmm

Could they check for residue within the carving to see what material the tool/s were made from. Might give an insight into the date.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I don't think it's a hoax personally.

I think it's just a case of fallacious dating techniques.

The slab of stone in question is obviously quite ancient, but I would say more like 4000-8000 yrs guesstimate? This is based entirely on my pre-conceived notions and is a hypothesis, I concede.

But how on Earth could you date something like this to 120million years old with any accuracy at all?

You cannot date the stone, it would only show how old the stone itself was.

There is almost no way to date carvings in stone. It's very tricky.

I'm glad someone else knows this!! Modern day dating techniques are at best flawed, considering live clams have been dated as being 4 million years old with carbon dating, be it 12 or 14.
edit on 12-2-2011 by KingKeever1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
"Date the carvings?"

What carvings?

That's a slab of rock with a bunch of cracks in it people.

Harte

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
You will get more accurate reporting from the Onion than you will Pravda.

It's the sort of site that claims Hitler lives on Saturn.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Looking at this 'map' and with a comparison of the area it is supposed to represent, you immediately find it hard to actually find a point of reference that is exact.

It seems that the 'carved' relief map is a mirror image, but even then, it still does not tend to fit in correctly.. Unless the land has changed that much over the suggested few million years..
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d3be9f669b1.jpg[/atsimg]

More searching comes up with some rather odd comments. The best comment is when they say this stone was manufactured...

We were absolutely happy; we thought we found a product made more 2000 years ago. The plate itself is artificial. It was produced from a special cement of three layers, and the third layer is a white-colored porcelain. It should be noticed that the relief on this plate was not cut manually with some ancient stonecutter. It is evident that some mechanical work was done.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...-D%20Map

They do come up with some info as to why there may be differences though.. which was nice of them

There is a region from Ufa up to the town of Salavat represented on the plate. Ufa's hills are very familiar from one side. From the other side there are some changes. Firstly, we were surprised by the Ufa canyon: the break in the earth-s crust from the present Ufa to the present Sterlitomak city. There was a river in it 2-3 kilometers deep and 3-4 kilometers wide. Nevertheless, this break is one of the principal points of our theory. We conducted geological research and found it's track in the place where it should be theoretically. Tectonic plates from the East crushed it for about 10-15 kilometers to the West. We assume that, now, the Urshak River is in the place of this former canyon.

You read how there are x-ray images of this stone.. so where are they? i am yet unable to locate them on the net.

It should be noticed, - the professor said, - that the relief has not been manually made by an ancient stonecutter. It is simply impossible. It is obvious that the stone was machined. X-ray photographs confirmed that the slab was of artificial origin and has been made with some precision tools.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The tale continues to take several twists and turns..

While examining the stone, two shells were found on its surface. The age of one of them Navicopsina munitus of Gyrodeidae family - is about 500 million years old, while of the second one Ecculiomphalus princeps of Ecculiomphalinae subfamily - is about 120 million years old. Namely that age was accepted as a "working version".

But if it was man made then all you've done is dig up some dirt that is millions of years old and sandwiched it together with other stuff.. but, they do mention this a bit further on..

Though, who could guarantee that the shell was alive while being ingrained in the map? The map's creator probably used a petrified find.

They go on to suggest that this is just one part of the entire map. they feel that there was a complete set measuring some 340 x 340 meters..
Each side of the great pyramid is 9131 inches = 231.9274 metres
www.europa.com...

But there is still something ringing in my head about this 340 number.. i might just be creating things to link it to, or this 'linking' has already been suggested by the idea of a bigger complete map..

Other numbers are also repeated throughout. Each of the Pyramids four walls, when measured as a straight line, are 9,131 inches, for a total of 36,524 inches. At first glance, this number may not seem significant, but move the decimal point over and you get 365.24. Modern science has shown us that the exact length of the solar year is 365.24 days.

www.europa.com...
I can only wonder how many days in a year there were 120 million years ago.. apparently, more;

scientists calculated that 900 million years ago, there were 18.2 hours in each day,and 481 days in a year.
www.sciencemadesimple.com...

more images;

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
one can be but puzzled ,

if they have the tech to fly over earth and between stars why make a map on such a poor material,

kinda reminds me of the nazca lines paradox , why do they need guidelines on where to land if they have the tech to come here in the first place

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Perhaps the map was intended for others to use. It would have been quite a size if it was as big as they suggest.
It might have been a general guide as to the places one could go rather than an actual "how to get to".

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Closing duplicate thread. Other discussion is here, and there are many threads that mention this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

For those of you not familiar with it, "Pravda" is a "tabloid" and frequently makes up its news. This is one of their hoaxes.

top topics

join