It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

formal Intro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

My name is Justin, I had a name on here MarineSniper..I never posted an introduction so here it is lol. I have two dogs, boxers which I love very very much. I have a wife, and currently in North Carolina.

I came to ATS for a few reasons. I recently came back from my second tour in Iraq. I have an alcohol problem and some mental problems due to being over there. I came to ATS for answers to things I couldn't grasp. I can't talk to many people, and since I have been back, I don't have many friends. This site has been a wonderful tool in helping me express what I feel, and how I feel.

Topics that interest me are of course the "War on Terror", and other things like Nazi discoveries during WW2. My view on the war used to be very positive. I was proud and happy for everything I did. I came back a lonely drunk reject, who could not relate to anybody around me. I think it is time for us to get out of Iraq. There is a time for war, and there isn't any reason we should still be there. When we come back, our government pis...s on us.

Long story short, I have met some wonderful people on here who have really helped me figure out who I am. I never dreamed I would be here with these ideals, but here I am. If anyone ever needs to talk, U2U me, about anything. Thanks for a wonderful site, with wonderful people.

I left out that I love eating cool whip out of the can...my favorite thing by far.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Hi Justin, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

ATS Video Tutorials

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Hey Justin, welcome aboard and thank you for your service. Sorry to hear of your troubles man, can't imagine what you are going through but I hope you are able to keep a grip on it. Perhaps sharing in perspectives here can be therapeutic, and hopefully you have found some like minds that truly understand your challenges.
Man, I hope you are eating real "cool whip," that brand name stuff is just whipped up hydrogenalized hfc. It does taste good, but get the real stuff, much better!

peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Welcome to the site my friend, if you have any questions then just ask someone, many people will be more than happy to help.

With regards to alcohol, I know enough, so if you want to talk about that then give me a shout.

Happy posting!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Hi Justin I just wanted to say thank you for your service.I am truly saddened by your described problems as I always am when I hear a soldier say that their service has caused them troubles.Not being a soldier I have no idea of the horror you have been through and will not pretend to know.However there was a time in my life when I battled alcholism,for me I had a tragic incident as an teenager,and was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress and Depression.What I learned that was basic but really helped me was that alcohol is a natural depressent,and by drinking heavily it just made my depression even worse,not only while under the influence but even for several days after a binge.Also don't be too proud to ask for help if you need it,alcoholism is a very difficult trend to kick.
I hope I did not over step my bounds and mean no disrespect,good luck and have fun here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Thank you all so very much. Unfortunatly it is the cheap stuff LOL. Kaiser if you ever need to talk, U2U me, im here for you. Thank you so much.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
1st thing sir: Thank you for your service to us and freedom(s). I think in time, you will find peace.

Substance abuse, emotional issues, family problems...they are all effects of war for they become side-effects of your tours: postcards of rembrences that cant be thrown away because they are now what makes you - you. Its how to handle them and to keep them in perspective, and make you realize you can make them change, and put them in their places. Its not easy for some, a piece of cake of others, and damn near impossible for the rest. You have to decide for you how best to put them in their place as a part of you.

Change is never easy, but can sometimes be vitally necessary. You can be different, or you can stay stuck in a rut. We all can. For the soldier its harder because the issues are deeper. Im sure once you realize that, you can find places to put away all your "issues", for really? We all are beams of light. Some brighter, some darker. Some at the bottom of the dimmer switch...yet others...full tilt boogie-blinding-light! We are all the same, you know? And I believe in you...and Im just SURE as hell...everyone here does to. And we're looking forward to you sharing with us all. And remember this: Problems are just... solution-opportunities

I know most all of us would welcome you to U2U us..anytime...any-time. Its because of the service you gave...and for some...in SPITE of it....that we even can... Welcome friend!
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: add

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hello my friend and thank you for your service. I wish you and your family well. Never forget, there are people that care.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Thank you for that buddy. I dang sure will U2U you.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Thank you friend, and the same applies if you ever want to talk just hit me up,and ugh the cheap stuff man I still remember what Phillips Vodka or Mad Dog's were like lol.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hi Justin, ATS is a great place. Sorry to hear of your problems. lts good to know that after everything you have been through you still have your soul, so many that come back seem to have lost theirs somewhere along the way. lt may take a while for you to recover from the horrors you have seen but always remember the blame lies with the folk who lied and decieved to take us into these corporate wars, not you. l wish you, your wife and dogs well. Good luck and may your God be with you. Peace and love star.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Thank you so much star, that means so much.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WhateverHappens

Thank you so much.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Your most welcome. Still, it is I who stands thanking you. Many, myself included, couldnt have done what you have in sacrificing yourself for your country. Time heals all wounds. There are many roads to a destination. Faith, hope and love are but some of them. You'll be fine once you sort out and find your place.
Take care. And use any V.A. resources available to you. They aint the best...but at least they are free.
God bless and post-away!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Very well put!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Hey mate and welcome to the new you??

Hang tough but don't be too proud to seek advice..

Ohh and there's only one rule, Family First..

top topics

join