It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC -- Again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC -- Again!

www.foxnews.com

For the second year in a row, Ron Paul won the presidential straw poll at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference, earning 30 percent of the vote.
The Texas congressman, known for his libertarian views, ran for president in 2008 but was never a serious contender for the GOP nomination.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.slate.com
www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cce3f09a49a1.jpg[/atsimg]

So what do you think about this ATS? I find it comforting that he won that last 2 years. IMO there has always been a steady upward trend for Paul. I have never heard of someone who supported Paul at one time, but not anymore.
I think the last 4 years have really paid off for him and with some luck, I believe He could be a serious contender for the GOP nomination. Now just because I believe he is a serious contender, doesnt mean the GOP higher-ups wont try and pull a switch on everyone with good ol Palin.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2/12/2011 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

This info is from another thread that was started- This info is from BenIndaSun who is posted below. Be sure to star him as well! I think his comments are worthy of discussion as well.
============================================================================
I take this with a grain of salt. Apparently Romney was winning it a lot and couldn't even manage to win the republican nomination.

That said, it does give Ron Paul some press and attention which is as important as anything in winning an election.

Of mention, Mrs. Palin got a whopping 3%, only one-tenth of Ron Paul.

Tell you friends and family, this man is the best choice. Lower taxes, end wars, end the police state, end the fed!

edit on 2/12/2011 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I don't think it means too much. Romney had been winning it the three years before Ron Paul, and McCain ended up the republican candidate. Unless he sells out to TPTB he doesn't have much of a chance.

beat you to it by 3 minutes! link - breaking news You guys gotta check the forums before postin!

I did, it took me 3 minutes to copy/paste links and stuff!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

I put your info into my thread so it can be discusses as well if people are interested!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by BenIndaSun

I put your info into my thread so it can be discusses as well if people are interested!

Thanks. It's no big deal, last night, me and someone else posted the same story at the same minute! We had to look at the thread count to find out who was first.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I've been doing my research on this Ron Paul character and I'm absolutely impressed by his calm and cool in this virulent political landscape we are witness to. Also his stance on marijuana intrigues me. I believe weed legalization should be one of the biggest issues on the table next year.
Ron Paul Dispose of Drug War

edit on 13-2-2011 by cedminster because: typed Romney not Ron Paul

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by cedminster

It is simply because of how much money is wasted on the War on Drugs. It is ridiculous. I realize drugs are a touchy subject here on ATS but I feel this is an important issue to address and my opinion on this issue is simply that all drugs should be legal - and this coming from someone who has touched not one non-prescription drug. I have no interest in using drugs but who am I to say other people cannot make their own choices? Simply because I would never become homosexual doesn't mean I think homosexuality should be illegal. Why should drug use be any different? If people want to make that choice, that is their right! Stop trying to tell people what they can and cannot do with their lives. It is their choice. It's as simple as that.

top topics

join