It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I caught this documentary last night. Has anyone seen this? If you have ever wondered about the fate of those still living as "outlaws", then check out this documentary. These folks are crazy insane. They represent everything wrong with America, yet preserve an aspect of freedom that so many know nothing about due to decades of cultural indoctrination. Watching this documentary instantly made me feel "normal" and, at the same time, made me yearn for a simpler, less complex lifestyle. By no means would I call these folks heroes, quite the opposite. However, they have managed to evade the modernization of society.

Has anyone seen the movie Idiocracy? These are the folks that will bring to realization the Idiocracy nation.

Here is the trailer for this documentary. The trailer doesn't do it justice, but it does give you a good sense of the craziness that still prevails in our sparsely populated regions of the US.

edit on 12-2-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yeah, you know it's gonna have the integrity of great journalism and be completely objective...what with being produced by the same folks that brought us Jackass and Johnny Knoxville.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
Yeah, you know it's gonna have the integrity of great journalism and be completely objective...what with being produced by the same folks that brought us Jackass and Johnny Knoxville.

You know, I appreciate your comment; however, you might just want to check out the documentary before you go and "blow it off". It's a great story. Sad, refreshing and gritty realism. Don't knock it before you try it. Go watch it and then I wold love to discuss it.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The documentary is actually pretty well made... You should look into the people behind jackass known as Dickhouse Productions they are not stupid by any means.

I have seen the film above and it is raw and straight to the point.

Don't judge a book by its cover, deny ignorance... right?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I downloaded it last night and watched it. i really liked it...This fool can dance.....

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

reply to post by TV_Nation

This Documentary definitely captivating. I was looking for something to watch while waiting for Spartacus and Bill Maher. I ended up watching this documentary in its entirety. I decided to save the other two shows for another day. It was like a train wreck....sad, yet I couldn't help myself.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Yea... I agree it's like a car wreck you know you shouldn't rubberneck but you just can't look away. It was pretty sad to see how horrible these peoples lives are but at the same time it gets out footage of what some people in this country go through to live.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

It appears to be a sequel to "Let Us Now Praise Famous Men" by Agee & Evans, only now they have alcohol and narcotics to dull the pain.
We reap what we sow, do we not?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
The Dancing Outlaw! I wondered when Jesco White was going to be discovered again. The earlier videos were great with the constant screaming and the mud bogging in the front yard all set to a very poor copy of Freebird. You can even catch him in one of Becks earlier music videos doing his little dance. Trust me though, this is only one small part of the state that even fellow West Virginians seldom visit and then only if they are taking a short cut or get lost.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

You know, I appreciate your comment; however, you might just want to check out the documentary before you go and "blow it off". It's a great story. Sad, refreshing and gritty realism. Don't knock it before you try it. Go watch it and then I wold love to discuss it.

I checked out the documentary. I did not blow it off.

I don't need to knock it....it knocks itself.

Watching it is sort of like the voyeuristic way folks will slow down to watch EMTs pulling human remains out of fatal traffic accidents.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

They represent America? Not any more then Sarah Palin shooting wolves from a helicopter.

West Virginia is one of the most beautiful states in the lower 48. The people I meet there are always grounded and beyond kind. This kind of trash furthers stigmatizes the state.

You can find a family like that in any state, any country. They just happened to pick one. Guess what, i have known families like this and I work in the third richest county in teh US. Average income of 120k a year. The money just hides them better.

new topics

top topics

join