It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know anything about this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I live in Casselberry FL, and on the night of the 4th of July many residents of Casselberry heard a hugh sonic boom type sound accompanied by a flash of light so bright it was nearly blinding.

At first my friends and I thought it was just lightening, but people reported seeing NASA vehicles in town near where the sonic boom accured.

Also, people called into a local radio station and claimed to have seen a large crater in an old construction site.

This site has been under construction for years, and yet nothing has been built on it. There are roads blocked off by fences and power lines and street lights within the site.

I've lived here my whole life and I've never once seen any construction being done on this huge site. Also, there are large black trucks on the site often.

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it or wether or not it was really a construction site or something else "top secret"

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I should also mention that it was rumored to be a meteor but no news channels had covered the story.

This led some to believe that it was a meteor but some sort of UFO that hit and created the crater

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
www.snopes.com...

NASA doesn't have "hummers." Someone has been watching too much CSI:Miami.

Also, Casselberry isn't all that close to Kennedy Space Center or Cape Canaveral.

Sounds like someone is trying to start their own government cover-up UL.

ETA: The people on that board scare me. They're eating this crap up. Ughhhh

Those were fireworks from Orlando. Casselberry is right in the Orlando vicinity anyway. If anything, I'd blame it on the Evil Empire of Disney rather than NASA.

Both Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and Sea World had fireworks that night also. Universal and Islands of Adventure had their fireworks at 10:00 PM in both parks

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Having actually looked ON the site, i can tell you that there are large unmarked black trucks and trailers and No sort of working construction equiptment.

I also didnt say NASA had hummers, just that some people saw NASA vehicles near the area.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If it WAS anything covert, you can bet they wouldn't have had NASA plastered all over them... Besides, for covert ops, they (not NASA) prefer ordinary white vehicles (blend in better)....

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hey I heard it too, I live in Casselberry. Where is this crater? The only major construction I can think of around here is the dog track - but I haven't been here very long. It definitely was not fireworks, we had people setting off fireworks all over our street, but this boom shook my whole house. It was so much a boom I was worried soemthing fell on the house. I have never in my life felt anything so strange...but maybe I should get more often. It was awesome, close to a solid minute of rolling booms - don't have a clue what it was though. My first thought was that some of our neighbors blew up some their own home made fireworks, but I was entirely surprised to not hear anything on the radio about this. As for black vans, that sounds a little dramatic. My boyfriend thinks it was an experimental aircraft breaking the sound barrier. What better time to do it than the 4th?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   

It was awesome, close to a solid minute of rolling booms

I too have had a similar experience, but mine was during a thunderstorm. But it was the same sensation-- a massive, rolling boom that shook the entire house for at least 30 seconds. It sounded like 2 or 3 747's had passed overhead at mach 4 at like 500 feet off the ground. Awsome. all the windows in the house shook.

top topics

join