It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge gives go-ahead to add fluoride to city's tap water supply-despite overwhelming public opposit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Yes it will indeed cut tooth loss, but not the way you expect.

It will make those kids more docile so the authorities won't have to beat those teeth out of their face.

See, it does cut down tooth loss rates.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The US, UK governments...time for these criminal entities to be disbanded. Attacking, invading and occupying nations to "spread democracy". They dont have a democracy.

The lies and propaganda are exposed more and more on a daily basis.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
There is no medical proof that flouridated water prevents or reduces tooth decay in children. In fact, with today's modern flouridated toothpastes, and with proper dental care and regular visits to a dentist, it is UNNECESSARY to flouridate tap water. In addition , flouridated tap water is directly correlated with Flouridosis, a condition which causes brittle bones and yellowed brittle teeth. Finally, flouride is a heavy metal, not too different from lead or mercury. The causes of its poisoning in people has been well documented.

So.... With all of this evidence, coupled with the overwhelming opposition of the residents I would question who this judge works for and if his pockets are being padded. I'm thinking that perhaps the residents dole out a little old fashioned justice - the way things were done before we had these corrupt courts. A little rope and a tall tree!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Nearly all toothpaste now has fluoride in it so wouldn't adding fluoride to the water supply mean lots of people accidentally overdosing on fluoride over a period of time? As I understand it too much fluoride is dangerous?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Uh...so what are you guys doing about it? Adding filters to your kitchen faucets? Writing letters? Cool, I am sure that will work out.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Adding filters to your kitchen faucets

Would make a difference, no? Especially if you filter all of your house water, for showers too. I am going to purchase one for myself. Here's a few links:
Link1
Link2
Link3
Link4
Link5

Peace and clean water,
spec

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

Interesting video- thanks. Funny to see that the pro-fluoride expert is the same individual who carries out cosmetic dental surgery on women, as part of the reality TV show "10 years younger"- not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Growing up, not so long ago, I remember a couple of different dentists specifically warning me and my sister not to swallow tooth-paste, as the fluoride was quite dangerous. My sister did get some staining on her teeth, as a result of fluoride. Seems strange that the pro-fluoride woman instantly dismisses claims that fluoride is dangerous in any way, and uses her credentials in the field of dentistry, in order to lend support to her claims, when in my personal experience, dentists have advised otherwise. Additionally, the figures the against chap gives show that it's a greater problem than the pro-woman states.

Regardless, as others have said, the key issue here is that the majority of people in Southampton don't want fluoride added, yet the supposed "voice of the people", have decided they're getting it, whether they like it or not. At the end of the day, toothpaste is cheap and readily available, dentist appointments are available to children for free, via the NHS, so there's not really any need for anything extra to be done- there are much bigger issues that need tackling, i.e unemployment, or the deficit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join