It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge gives go-ahead to add fluoride to city's tap water supply-despite overwhelming public opposit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Judge gives go-ahead to add fluoride to city's tap water supply - despite overwhelming public opposition

www.dailymail.co.uk

Plans to add fluoride to tap water in a major city were endorsed by a judge yesterday despite overwhelming public opposition.

Mr Justice Holman rejected claims that the decision-making process was defective and dismissed a legal challenge to the scheme in Southampton.

Hampshire council and three quarters of residents oppose the plans drawn up by the strategic health authority. But dentists say the scheme will cut tooth decay in children.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Man, I swear the UK and the US seem to be mirroring each other more and more by the day anymore.

More pissing upon the voices of the many by the few, and FORCING fluoridation upon them by "health authorities" and their servants in the judicial system.

So wonderful to be able to CHOOSE what type of water we can drink as a society eh?

And I'm sure the usual bunch of sheep will be bleating away at how wonderful this is, and how big brother all has our best interests in mind. lmao

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

This is utter crap! The most current studies indicate that Fluoride in water DOES NOT prevent cavities! Nedd proof from a credible source? Check this series out, the real deal!

It sounds like the govmnt is creating incentives for officials to introduce or maintain the fluoridation. Another example of profits before people! I am sick and tired of the pursuit of profit putting all these chemicals in our soil, air and water. In order for these chem co's to keep going, they've got to keep finding avenues for sales, whether necessary or not, regardless of safer alternatives.
And the dentists that still support this are either clueless to the new information, or have ties to the business of fluoridation maybe? I don't know why other than intentional ignorance or laziness. it ought to be a crime!

spec

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
"But dentists say the scheme will cut tooth decay in children"

...and make them mentally numbed out zombies when they get older

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I suspect we're going to be seeing a lot more of this kind of thing exponentially in the near future.
Even you may have a hard time keeping up with it DD.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Yet another example of the citizens not being heard.
We have no voice.
People are more aware now and are realizing that we are being poisoned.
This isn't the good ol' days anymore where they could just dump neurotoxins into the public water supply,
Sweeten our foods with man made chemicals/High Fructose Corn Syrup, inject our food supply with growth hormones, etc, without anyone taking notice.

People know these things are bad for them now.

This is like the awakening we all had about cigarettes being "Bad" for us.
Was there a time when we were so gullible that we actually thought they were good for us?
SURE!
Doctors used to prescribe them to relax people.
They were "Cool".
Nobody had the slightest clue cigarettes caused Cancer.

There was a time people used radioactive rocks for jewelry.
It was high class at the time.
It looked so pretty.
People found out that it was deadly.

Same thing here really.
You can't go backwards.
The cat is out of the bag now, it is too late, we all know that flouride is used to subdue and placate a population.
We all know Hitler used the stuff and what he used it for.
My advice to people in government......YOu'd better start listening to us!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

post removed by staff

Except we do.

Anyhoo, on topic. Reminds me of seeing this the other week. I nearly threw my morning coffee at the screen.

edit on Sat Feb 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: post removed by staff

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Mr. Justice Holman is a liar, a clown, a tool, or a fraud. It is up to him to inform us what he is, since he has decided poisoning his fellow countrymen is his sacred mission.

I think it was about a month or two ago some ATS clown with a bunch of English yo ho ho! avatar crap was trying to tell me the UK is not a police state.

Idiot.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

Here we have 2 professionals with contradicting perspectives, why? I think it comes down to being aware of all the studies involved as opposed to just saying I've been doing it for 40 years and all is good. If the govmnt's have decided to lower the amounts in water, then that says something to me.
The lady says that healthy care for teeth, brushing, flossing and diet have not been exercised by the people. Well that is their choice, why the hell should the govmnt intervene? Money!!!!
In my opinion, this lady is a shill or intentionally in denial with an attitude that she knows all.

Thanks for the vid,
spec

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
They have been using fluoride in the water here since the 60's. Its disgusts me

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
When I was in second and third grade here in the US, our city built a brand new school two blocks from my house. In it they had a complete Dr.'s office for our full time school nurse PLUS and complete Dentists office. I received my first FLUORIDE treatment in the third grade right in my school along with every other student in the K-8th schools in our town. They put dentists chairs in every school and treated everyone twice a year. I remember the headaches and not being able to sleep for weeks after every treatment. I was not alone.

Zindo
Oh forgot to add..I'm now 62 years old! and NO TEETH!!!!

edit on 2/12/2011 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Another brain-washing killer move.
What are the dentist getting for agreeing to this?
Cash? Advertising? What? Something.
- Or are they really all this stupid?
And what kind of kickback is that judge getting?
- Or is he really that stupid too?
I think not.
I say we find out who is getting paid off.
edit on 12-2-2011 by spinkyboo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
IN A TIME OF ECONOMIC CRISIS THATS A LOT OF EXPENCE SO WE CAN HAVE GOOD TEETH, HMMMMMMMM MAKE YOU WONDER DONT IT

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I am not an chemistry expert , but I wonder , if fluoride is so bad can't people just hook up water filters to their faucets ? Or do the filters not work on fluoride water ? I have a water filer hooked up to my main H20 supply and it helps out a lot

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I'm with you buddy, if they don't start actually working for and in the interests of the people then it will end up with heads on sticks,

I'd hate the think that judge would catch cancer, or fall over and bang his head, or anyother other nasty that always seems to happen to those in power that go against the NWO flow,

Hope the B@stard get his karma very soon, I'm sick of the few have the power over the many enforcing poisen after poisen on us:

Flouride
Aspartame
Chem Trailing
GMO

There will be a V for vendetta moment in time, and god can only help those scum, but as they're harming his children then probaly won't,

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
What are the dentist getting for agreeing to this?

They get to keep their careers. Which means they have a chance at paying off their huge debts.

Let's look at it this way. Imagine if you drank fluoridated water, it guaranteed you that you would never suffer from any form of tooth decay. Think the dental industry would still think it was a good idea? Putting themselves out of work?

The dental industry is just like every other industry on this planet. Profit comes first, people come last.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
I am not an chemistry expert , but I wonder , if fluoride is so bad can't people just hook up water filters to their faucets ? Or do the filters not work on fluoride water ?

Most of them don't. You can get ones that do, but they are quite expensive.

You need a reverse osmosis filter to remove fluoride. Or you can distill the water.

Carbon filters, such as the popular "Pura Tap" we have here will not remove fluoride. They don't go out of their way to advertise it, though, but that is what this means:

Basically, Puratap works by having water pass through two filters, leaving behind the nasties that can hurt you and your family, to give you clean, pure water every time. Importantly, the filters do not remove dissolved minerals (essential to our wellbeing) to give you clean, pure drinking water every time.

www.puratap.com.au...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Over the last few years I have flatly refused to pay my water rates bill in protest of this, I haven't paid it for around 5 years, probably longer.

It makes me very angry that they won't listen to the public but demand we pay water taxes every year. So if they won't listen then they are not having my hard earned money.

Why should we pay to be poisoned?

I know quite a few people local to me who also refuse to pay it. Maybe if more of us did this then they might begin to listen.

I have never had my water supply cut off in all these years of refusing to pay.

So come on UK citizens, and the rest of you, if you don't want them to put fluoride in your water supply - PROTEST!! CUT OFF THE MONEY TO THEM AND REFUSE TO PAY YOUR WATER BILL!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
from the 50s´and onwards human consumption of calcium though dairy products is the reason for healthier teeth , not fluoride,

havent used toothpaste for more then 15 years and cant say i have had any holes , i visited the dentist a few months ago and he praised my teeths condition ,

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join