It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange vortex coming from the moon and odd halo!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Okay guys,

Here is the link to YouTube ... i filmed it whilst out with my dog... this is surreal!

There was this HUGE and still is halo around the moon! Massive and in the middle is a moon with some kind of weird spiral vortex! Check it out see what you think its so strange.

I dont know what to make of it - good or bad! What are your thoughts??

xxx

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
atmospeheric condensation.

also try not to jiggle your camera around so much.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Thats a terrible video so I can't really tell you. Sorry.
2nd line

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ah, I am working out right now, and between "pauses" I look at ATS ( just for couple of seconds). After reading the title I jumped half naked and ran to the balcony only to find out that moon is behind thick clouds. Then when I could finally see it it was totally normal. I came back and read that it happened a while ago. Damnit! :/
edit on 12-2-2011 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Sorry but looking at what happens to the picture when your finger enters shot and it leaves a light trail for a while, all I can put the odd effects of the moon down to is a poor camera. I looked out my window and the moon seems fine.

Also just as a note, try and hold the camera steady next time

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

I am in Kent looking at the moon right now and nothing...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Okay guys... Never mind then I guess it was my iphone, i just jailbroke it and changed the camera it said it would give 720p quality... but it did the opposite, however.. that halo is still there a perfect circle

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think this is the first time you saw a halo around the moon?

It's not that uncommon. Look at this google search ( maybe a tip for you before you start posting )

www.google.com...

Kind regards,

Wolf
edit on 12-2-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: links would not add normaly.

Off topic: making links does not work in opera at all, it strips all the data from the link, and only the slashed remain.
edit on 12-2-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: ...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Spain. Moon looks "normal".

Just a quick tip for videoing impromptu events:
If you don't have a tripod or the availability of a wall or fixed structure to support your phone/cam but you do have a scarf or piece of string you can use tie it round your neck (observing common sense H&S protocols
) or belt etc and pull firmly against it whilst holding a camera or recording device for a steadier shot.
edit on 12-2-2011 by BruceWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bian101

I just walked all over town with my daughter and I pointed out the moon to her. It was very bright and a little more than a half moon in broad daylight 16:30 hours E.S.T. but, I have seen this before over the years...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bian101

The iPhone 4 can do 720p anyway, the 3GS version can do it after jailbreak, but you need to SSH some files to it first.

As for your video, all I see is moonlight reflecting off thin clouds.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Also, have you noticed that through the shadow on the moon rotates to the right from say a vertical shadow to a horizontal shadow by almost 90 degrees, as do the constellations. just watch the three stars on orions belt to start. Then watch time lapse videos of the moon and constellations from previous years on youtube, and you will see this should not be happening.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The video was removed by user? Might have been nice
to embed it on ATS.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
old wifes tale here, if theres a ring around the moon it's gonna get cold
and most of the time it does.

new topics

top topics

join