It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100-Degree Warm-Up Ahead for Some States Next Week

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

100-Degree Warm-Up Ahead for Some States Next Week

www.accuweather.com

A major, prolonged warm-up is finally on the way for the eastern two-thirds of the nation next week.

After a record-shattering, frigid morning with lows well below zero in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri and Kansas Thursday, temperatures could jump nearly 100 degrees in some areas by late next week.

A change in the overall weather pattern will allow milder air to spread through this region, as well as the rest of the Plains, Midwest and parts of the East, over the next few days. A more substantial warm-up will follow next week.

In the areas of Oklahoma, Kansas and Arkansas where temperat
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Alrighty then!
Nothing TOO unusual about a hundred degree warm up within a week in the middle of winter now is there?

So just keep on keeping on and continue to enjoy your shopping experience! There is NOTHING going on and NOTHING to worry about

I've said this before and it's actually getting a bit redundant but folks?......we ain't seen nothing yet!

www.accuweather.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I know why this is happening, I leave for your neck of the woods next week. It always gets warm up here when I leave town!!! Rest assured when I return the following week it will be like nothing ever happened.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
That is quite a change! Imagine it happening in 24 hours.

What is the Biggest Temperature difference in 1 day in the world on record?

The world Record for Extreme Temperatures changes are
The greatest temperature change in 24 hours occurred in Loma, MT on January 15, 1972. The temperature rose exactly 103 degrees, from -54 degrees Fahrenheit to 49 degrees. This is the world record for a 24-hour temperature change.

Other Extreme Temperature Changes

In 24 hours:
100°F, Browing, Mt., Jan. 23–24, 1916, from 44°F to –56°F.

In 12 hours:
84°F, Fairfield, Mt., Dec. 24, 1924, from 63°F at noon to –21°F at midnight.

In 2 hours:
62°F, Rapid City, SD., Jan. 12, 1911, from 49°F at 6:00 A.M. to –13°F at 8:00 A.M.

In 27 minutes:
58°F, Spearfish, S.D., Jan. 22, 1943, from 54°F at 9:00 A.M. to –4°F at 9:27 A.M.

In 15 minutes:
47°F, Rapid City, S.D., Jan. 10, 1911, from 55°F at 7:00 A.M. to 8°F at 7:15 A.M.

Source(s):
Resource National Climactic Data Center
www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

edit on 2/12/11 by Ferris.Bueller.II because: Spelling.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I am currently in the Midwest, and next week will be in the 70's. I have NO complaints, Unless the news is announcing that the sun is falling in slow motion and thats why the weather is changing, I am happy. I know there is cause for concern about this, but this winter has been brutal.

BTW, 2 days ago it was 19 below zero. That may expand on why I am not to concerned, and actually happy that this week and next will be so warm.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

That's nothing, here in Melbourne it's dropped 30 degrees in under 30 minutes..

I know 100 sounds a lot but i'm betting your starting from low negative figures...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I've lived my life in the Midwest, and for 17 years my job was weather dependent. I do not see this as strange. Nor do I see the recent snow storm as strange. Its not the weather itself that is the red flag, it the pattern or flow of the weather that warrants observation. Whatever I get, where I live, Chicago gets, I was surprised that Chicago was so unprepared for such a snow storm, when we receive this at least twice a year on average. However, the weather seems to have dipped quite a bit south, affecting regions with 'my' normal weather.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
OK...

Who is running that monkey show over there anyways?

temperatures could jump nearly 100 degrees in some areas by late next week.

So, Let me get the wording straight, if its 50 degrees now this means it will be 150 degrees Next Week? I think it's a bit sensationalized.

In any case I'm ready for the beach.

edit on 12-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Looking forward to some higher temps, we seemed to have missed the big January thaw this year, not unusual to get up into the seventies, today was high thirties so we are getting there.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It was 36 and sunny in south west Michigan today but nothing melted much because it's going to take a few warm days to get everything melting. 3 days ago it was 6 all day and 10 Thursday. Nothing out of the ordanary

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

OK...

So, Let me get the wording straight, if its 50 degrees now this means it will be 150 degrees Next Week?

Nah, it's more like if it's -30 degrees now, it will be 70 degrees next week..
Doesn't sound as dramatic like that...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Mate, ya bathers are slipping, pull them up..

edit on 12-2-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by VI0811

I've lived my life in the Midwest, and for 17 years my job was weather dependent. I do not see this as strange. Nor do I see the recent snow storm as strange. Its not the weather itself that is the red flag, it the pattern or flow of the weather that warrants observation. Whatever I get, where I live, Chicago gets, I was surprised that Chicago was so unprepared for such a snow storm, when we receive this at least twice a year on average. However, the weather seems to have dipped quite a bit south, affecting regions with 'my' normal weather.

It's the extremes. The radical extremes is what's so strange. Yeah, it gets cold in the summer and yes it gets warm in the winter at times...but when the 'normal' weather pattern is something of the past, worldwide then, there is SOMETHING happening.

North America (United States) has seasons. We've gotten used to them by now. We know what's normal.
And if these were freak weather spells then, it wouldn't be so alarming.

We've had so much freeze here in south Florida this year I suspect Oranges will be like two-dollars each real soon. And the sugar cane fields also have been hit hard.
As has Mexico crops.

So it's world wide. The 'norm' is gone.

I don't know if some people need snow in July and a heatwave in December (in America) to tell you our weather has changed.

Our magnetic fields are changing and the Sun will continue to influence our weather greatly. We might not understand it but we certainly can't deny it anymore.

edit on 12-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

OK...

So, Let me get the wording straight, if its 50 degrees now this means it will be 150 degrees Next Week?

Nah, it's more like if it's -30 degrees now, it will be 70 degrees next week..
Doesn't sound as dramatic like that...

Well yes and no. 70-degrees does not happen in states other than Florida, lower regions of Arizona, southern California and Hawaii. And it's not ever THAT warm in those states right now.

It's bizarre. C'mon BIB.....your flooding is a bit over the top, no?
By the way, how's it going down there?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

OK...

Buzzin' in:

What is, HAARP and chemtrails?

So, Let me get the wording straight, if its 50 degrees now this means it will be 150 degrees Next Week? I think it's a bit sensationalized.

I think the 'some' states would exonerate the 'hotter' ones. But hell, who knows. I had the AC on yesterday (88 degrees and humid) and today, 59 degrees and rainy.

Flu shot anyone?

Hey maybe that's what this is about. Get people sick with this erratic weather so they line up for a poisonous injection. Brilliant!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

It's bizarre. C'mon BIB.....your flooding is a bit over the top, no?
By the way, how's it going down there?

Our flooding? Well it reached record levels in Queensland and here in Vic..
But only JUST reached record levels meaning it HAS happened before..

Here in Victoria the weather seems to have gone a little tropical with very humid air over long periods and still a lot of rain..
Summer storms are not uncommon here but are also not as usually prevelant as they are ATM...

But it would need to continue for a fair bit longer to call it "changing"....
Time will tell..

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I am currently in the Midwest, and next week will be in the 70's. I have NO complaints, Unless the news is announcing that the sun is falling in slow motion and thats why the weather is changing, I am happy. I know there is cause for concern about this, but this winter has been brutal.

BTW, 2 days ago it was 19 below zero. That may expand on why I am not to concerned, and actually happy that this week and next will be so warm.

Peace, NRE.

I have nothing against warm weather but as a dairy guy in NW Missouri it does screw with the herd. If the unseasonal warm lasts more than a week the ladies will start to shed their winters and once it starts it don't stop.

Then if it gets cold again they don't produce as much milk because they use the calories heating their bodies. I have to feed them more and I get less - my 10% margin is not that grand.

If that's not bad enough there is the inevitable quick thaw that makes my pasture into an 8 inch deep mix of semi-frozen crap and mud - I'd much rather a gradual thaw thanks!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

OK...

Buzzin' in:

What is, HAARP and chemtrails?

Does this also explain the quick temp changes in 1911, 1916, 1924, and 1943?
edit on 2/12/11 by Ferris.Bueller.II because: Fix quotes.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well I dont know about a 100 degrees but
Our local milwaukee newspaper printed an article
talking about a 6 degree rise in average temps over
the next 20 years. And that our winters especially will be warmer,.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Well I dont know about a 100 degrees but
Our local milwaukee newspaper printed an article
talking about a 6 degree rise in average temps over
the next 20 years. And that our winters especially will be warmer,.

Did you have a warmer winter this year??

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join