It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Crud, I Found Nibiru.....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Originally posted by thektotheg
Based on the way the OP conducts himself, I have no interest in anything further he has to say. Badly presented, overly biased, increasingly impolite. God forbid you offer an opinion of your own on such a thread. This was clearly posted for people who already blindly believe what you do. With the exception of a person or two who change their mind like their underwear, this topic clearly wasn't meant for actual discussion. You've seen to that.

On topic: Lots of hacks have called Sitchen's work bunk. When you can read/translate even a few words of the countless dead languages he mastered, I'll consider your point valid. Oh, wait. No, I won't. Because you come across like an arrogant, whining preteen. Anyone who disagrees with your opinion is wrong, but not because you can back up your claim. They're wrong because they didn't massage your (unearned) ego. Rather than arguing your point, you resort to personal attacks and rudeness. Being polite goes a long way. Now, I'd argue with you, but I've never been properly able to explain myself to a child.

Maybe someday you'll "get it." Good luck.

Thanks for your contribution. I wish you brought more to the table to discuss. I would be interested to know the hacks who called his work bunk. It could provide something useful for the other end of this debate. Have a great day! I feel you have completely misjudged me. Oh well. I respect your opinion.

Hey, here's a good "hack" for you.

www.sitchiniswrong.com...

edit on 14-2-2011 by semicolonsmile because: link

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

Good point we forget that we are just a bunch of kids with high tech who think we know it all, we should always be open to the unknown factor. The truth is we know very little and its better to keep that in mind, than the general "know it all attitude"that is rampant nowadays. Just because we have loads of information doesn't mean what we know is true, its a joint venture and we stand on the mistakes of the past as well as the temporary truths that appear.Just another point to add to this post, what about the idea that there are many more dimensions than well known than the first, second and third dimensions Thanks for sharing a much wider view leaualorin.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Or, Nibiru was a spaceship which housed thousands of ET, how else would the ancient people describe it? They had no idea what a spaceship is, so they would assume the ship is where the ets lived, hence a planet.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Its threads like these that I wish the ignore button would come back in to force.

Seriously OP I believe that Sitchin did a tad bit more research than a couple of people with a keyboard and alot of time to waste.

edit on 14-2-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by semicolonsmile

I've read through this guy's site and frankly, I'm not impressed. It's much ado about practically nothing -- arguable definitions of a few words.

He comes off as a religious ideologue who seems disturbed by any mention of "ancient astronauts", even though he professes to be interested in UFOs.

He devotes an entire page to debunking the notion that there's any evidence of ancient extraterrestrial civilizations on the planet, which is probably why he's so bothered by Sitchin. He even says Sitchin's writings are anti-semitic, which is amusing given that Sitchin was Jewish.

I've noticed this with other Christians. They absolutely hate the idea that humanity could've been created or genetically manipulated by extraterrestrial beings that are hundreds of thousands of years more advanced, even though I believe there's significant evidence that that's exactly what happened.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
reply to post by cluckerspud

Its threads like these that I wish the ignore button would come back in to force.

Seriously OP I believe that Sitchin did a tad bit more research than a couple of people with a keyboard and alot of time to waste.

edit on 14-2-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

Exactly!!

He went to the ancient ruins in the middle east to study the sumerians, he had academic qualifications.

Of course he may have been off a couple of times, but he is one of the first people to even succesfully decode sumerian writing, of course he is bound to get a couple of things wrong, he was only human afterall.

Give him a break, at least he had the will to try, travel, spend many years studying the ancient civilisation.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Nemesis of course is that "mythical" brown dwarf known as "The Destroyer", aka the "Death Star". Hmmm, sounds a lot like Nibiru, Planet X, Wormwood, Hercolubus, etc.

And what a coincidence -- NASA's actively searching for this "mythical" object:

Hmmm. Did you read the article I posted about the properties of Nemesis? If you had you'd know that this object has an orbit that is far, far out. It is never visible from Earth and it is linked to an extinction cycles of 26My. That does NOT sound like the properties of these other mythical objects such as the hoax Nibiru that was conjured up by the hoaxer named Sitchin.

What about it being Planet X? No. Planet X was a search for a planet based on planetary perturbations. Nemesis does not cause perturbations. It is much too far away to do that.

And what a coincidence -- NASA's actively searching for this "mythical" object:

Not a coincidence at all. NASA and others have been searching for other objects int he solar system and outside of the solar system. Their searches are so well done that objects such as new asteroids and comets are discovered all of the time.

PS. My name has nothing to do with "stereoscopic buddy!". Please use the correct spelling of user names.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

You're putting a modern spin on the ancients. Why would the ancients think that people lived on a planet? Look at what the ancients thought planets were.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

That isn't true. If Sitchin had actually done research he would have discovered that Nibiru as he described was not possible. You simply cannot have a planet with the properties he describes in the solar system. The physics does not work. About all he did was spending enough time to find things he could misrepresent.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

He even says Sitchin's writings are anti-semitic, which is amusing given that Sitchin was Jewish.

What Sitchin wrote is what he wrote regardless of his religious affiliations. That's a rather amusing statement of support, because it does not get to the heart of the matter, which is what Sitchin wrote.

They absolutely hate the idea that humanity could've been created or genetically manipulated by extraterrestrial beings that are hundreds of thousands of years more advanced, even though I believe there's significant evidence that that's exactly what happened.

Where is the evidence. I've never seen any. I've seen some silly claims, but no evidence whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

You don't seriously believe it can exist when it is possible to prove that it can't exist do you?

I am not sure what I think about Nibiru. To me, if it turns up, which by your assertions it will not, it would be a nice surprise and would certainly make things a little more exciting.

Why are sooo many people obsessed with this? There are things that people have disproved as being possible that many millons of people still believe in. This makes it inherently possible, Science is always being updated and proved to be wrong.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

He went to the ancient ruins in the middle east to study the sumerians, he had academic qualifications.

Of course he may have been off a couple of times, but he is one of the first people to even succesfully decode sumerian writing, of course he is bound to get a couple of things wrong, he was only human afterall.

He had academic qualifications in reading ancient Sumerian? NOT. He did not successfully decode ancient Sumerian. That's the issue isn't it?

As far as being one of the first. Let's check that out. He was born in 1920. Here is what it has to say in the wikipedia about this.
Sumerian language History of decipherment

Delitzsch's student, Arno Poebel, published a grammar with the same title, Grundzüge der sumerischen Grammatik, in 1923, and for 50 years it would be the standard for students studying Sumerian.

That makes it very clear that Sitchin was not one of the first.

Another fallacy about Sitchin exposed.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Cedik

I am not sure what I think about Nibiru. To me, if it turns up, which by your assertions it will not, it would be a nice surprise and would certainly make things a little more exciting.

Why are sooo many people obsessed with this? There are things that people have disproved as being possible that many millons of people still believe in. This makes it inherently possible, Science is always being updated and proved to be wrong.

People are obsessed with lots of things - so what. If millions of people believe in something it does not make it right or wrong, possible or impossible. At one time millions of people believed the Earth was flat. At another time millions of people believed the Earth was round. The numbers of people believing something does not affect which is correct or if either is correct.

Science is always being updated. That does mean it is being proved to be wrong. That is a common fallacy posted here at ATS. For instance, the Earth is a sphere is a common statement. Actually, it is a ball. The surface is a sphere. The surface and interior form a sphere. The surface has been shown to be oblate. So the update is that the Earth is an oblate ball, not a ball. The difference is so small that the Earth can be considered to be a ball for most practical purposes. This update does not mean that people were wrong for calling the Earth a sphere. This update is a refinement. Science is updated with refinements all of the time.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I have a degree in Psychology and have done research, does that mean if I go to Egypt I am then more qualified than all of the trained Egyptologists? That is pretty much what you're claiming. Sitchin was trained as an economic historian and only knows English and Hebrew. Just because he has a university education doesn't mean he is qualified to do research in the fields required for his books. Economic research is very different from archaeology, physics, geology, etc. research.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

I have a degree in Psychology and have done research, does that mean if I go to Egypt I am then more qualified than all of the trained Egyptologists? That is pretty much what you're claiming. Sitchin was trained as an economic historian and only knows English and Hebrew. Just because he has a university education doesn't mean he is qualified to do research in the fields required for his books. Economic research is very different from archaeology, physics, geology, etc. research.

Phycology has nothing to do with ancient egyptians.

So im not sure what your getting at.

If you had a degree on Ancient Egypt then yeh.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Hmmm. Did you read the article I posted about the properties of Nemesis? If you had you'd know that this object has an orbit that is far, far out. It is never visible from Earth and it is linked to an extinction cycles of 26My. That does NOT sound like the properties of these other mythical objects such as the hoax Nibiru that was conjured up by the hoaxer named Sitchin.

That's correct, brown dwarfs aren't visible from Earth because they're between the temperatures of about 450 Kelvin to 600 Kelvin (350 to 620 degrees Fahrenheit) and can only be seen with IR telescopes like IRAS and WISE. In other words, EXACTLY like Nibiru.

What about it being Planet X? No. Planet X was a search for a planet based on planetary perturbations. Nemesis does not cause perturbations. It is much too far away to do that.

Wait, didn't you just say that Nemesis is linked to extinction cycles? So it's "much too far away" to cause planetary perturbations, but close enough to be linked to planetary extinction cycles?
Good one!

NASA and others have been searching for other objects int he solar system and outside of the solar system. Their searches are so well done that objects such as new asteroids and comets are discovered all of the time.

Oh, I know how thorough NASA's IR surveys are. Sometimes so thorough that they accidentally end up as front page articles on the Washington Post before being sent down the Memory Hole!
And of course that 1983 IRAS mission didn't find a brown dwarf, did it? Nah, you guys always claim they really discovered a "distant galaxy" in our solar system, right?

I can tell you're a smart guy. A little too smart and a little too slick to be making these kind of silly claims.

Oh yeah, and a little too "professional" in spending all your free time on internet forums trying to make people believe that Planet X, Nemesis (recently renamed Tyche) and Nibiru (along with Wormwood, Hercolubus and a host of other names) isn't the exact same BROWN DWARF in the Sumerian tablets that Sitchin wrote about.

Nice try.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by semicolonsmile

edit on 14-2-2011 by semicolonsmile because: link

Did you google that or did you finally read my OP thoroughly and discover that the link you shared was shared on page one?

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
I've read through this guy's site and frankly, I'm not impressed. It's much ado about practically nothing -- arguable definitions of a few words.

Those few words are quite a big deal as it is the basis of this argument. I would hardly say its much ado about practically nothing.

Thanks for contributing.

edit on 14-2-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cedik
reply to post by stereologist

Why are sooo many people obsessed with this?

Excellent observation, Grasshopper. The answer is contained in the question. Do you think guys like stereologist spend every waking moment in this forum -- day after day, month after month -- because they care about the issue and want to help you understand it?

I'm not absolutely certain that Nibiru exists and I don't know what will happen in 2012, but I do know where there's intense debunking smoke, there's usually fire.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

That's the point I'm making. I don't have a degree in Egyptology so you wouldn't trust any research I would do on it. Following the same logic, Sitchin does not have a degree in Assyriology, he has one in economic history, therefore you shouldn't trust the claims he makes about Sumerians.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join