It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hackers Launch Wikileaks for Normal People

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Anonymous Hackers Launch Wikileaks for Normal PeopleLast week, the loose-knit hacking collective Anonymous stole over 50,000 emails from security researcher Aaron Barr. Now they're launching the Wikileaks-style Anonleaks.ru, to make it easy for anyone to browse Barr and his colleagues' private emails. Want to read the excruciating love letter a security company executive sent her husband?

I for one welcome more leak sites. More options for whistleblowers is a good thing.

Source Gawker

anonleaks.ru...
edit on 12/2/2011 by PsykoOps because: url fix

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
nice one, will be interesting to see what kind of things they put on there.

Hope there's not too many undercover agents infiltrating them too much (like in one of those emails) Though there's bound to be some in anon who are paid to be there.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Nice find! I hope this site will get enough attention of potential whistleblowers, because anon will probably publish much faster than Wikileaks team.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Yeah the thing is that anon isn't worried about revealing personal information. Wikileaks has to censor some names, addresses etc. to keep innocent people from getting hurt. Anon probably doesn't do that.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
There has to be a line drawn somewhere. Im all for releasing military docs etc for the good of society, but personal love letters?

edit on 12-2-2011 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

And that is why I will never respect Anon, innocent people should never be made suffer just to get one over on TPTB.

But of course they are nicely hidden away in mommy and daddys basement where no-one will ever hurt them......

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
When is does it become invasion of privacy?

There has to be a line drawn somewhere. Im all for releasing military docs etc for the good of society, but personal love letters?

I completely agree. Most of the ATSers' who support Anon see them as a group that can do no wrong and I don't believe some supporters even care if Anon hurt anyone. The group seem to be a mob with no limitation, no sense of order, blurring the line between what is right and what is wrong and can do whatever it wants. People look at them as internet Robin Hoods but really they seem to a chaotic group with no central power to steer in a good and purposeful direction i.e. exposing government secrets, military secrets, etc.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

These are hardly innocent people. I suggest you look up this Aaron Barr character if you haven't seen the news.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I was referring to innocent people in general, like the people who suffered because of the Visa/MCard/Paypal attacks, and also replying to what you said...............

Wikileaks has to censor some names, addresses etc. to keep innocent people from getting hurt. Anon probably doesn't do that.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Anon being a loose collective they really dont have one cause, one way of doing things. Sometimes they do go over in my opinion but they can't be controlled like that.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I fail to see how this is related to normal people. This is meant to attack one company, and specifically one man. How is that launching a sight for normal people? What does that mean?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Anon is normal people? Everybody and nobody. I'm not sure where this site is going. If they publish leaks that are sent to them or only stuff they uncover themselves. Time will tell.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Anon is normal people? Everybody and nobody. I'm not sure where this site is going. If they publish leaks that are sent to them or only stuff they uncover themselves. Time will tell.

From what I saw it looks like it's simply a website they're going to 'leak' things they obtain themselves, as opposed to people having to download a 4gb torrent and then rename every file to a .eml format and load it into a mail client like thunderbird.

They're just making it accessible to every day people who otherwise would have no idea what to do with it.

Having read some of their mails tho, what a scary company..... Oo

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ffs, I was waiting for the weekend so I can really go through the leaks. Turns out the site 404's. Anyone know any mirrors?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Like Zeitgeist attempted to hijack the truth movement, so is this Anonymous government IT minion tools. All they've done has been to benefit tptb's attempt to demonize real online truthers, by substituting our image with that of these annoying, unpeaceful, attention grabbing disruption of big name companies, of which the ones of us with good sense no better than to be a part of.

Anonistooge leaks, wikileaks, wikipedia, Julian Assange, and webmaster for Gawker is 4 Chan, and 4Chan's in-crowd is government IT tools.

Honesty, Chang, whatever his name was over at Gawker, so 4Chan all of a sudden decided to show their face and hang out with you one night just like that ? Don't play special now, You stepped in when the honchos realized the celebrity outlets were a perfect tool to manipulate the masses and keep them asleep well enough to get the dirty bills passed through the backdoor, while everybody was bombarded by nothing but the colorful Stardom drama.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well whopdedoo. You really seem to know what anon has done. So it would've been better to leave Barr & co be? Maybe combat them with 'online truther' writings in the forums. That'll show them.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

really....take a look what the co owner of the company does for fun, you dont think it cost inocent pepole and company owners any money?

www.youtube.com...

and see how Greg Hoglund behave

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

No innocent people suffered from the paypal/visa/mastercard/whatever attacks.
They didn't take anyone's info or shut down paypal's service or visa's service. Just their main webpages.
Just because the site was down doesn't mean the service was hurt. No one lost out on sales or money transactions.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

edit on 12-2-2011 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

the people at hbgary should have thought before they crossed the line themselves. These are the peeps that got hold of anon info and decided they would sel it to the fbi. they got what they deserved...

kx

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I lost out buying gifts for my family for christmas because I couldn't make a payment before the christmas post deadline, yes innocent people suffered, the people who rely on paypal to take payments as their business suffered also.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join