It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horses drop dead in bizarre scenes at Newbury

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I have just heard about this on the radio whilst traveling to a friends, very unusual that two super fit horses drop dead at the same time before a race. Here's a snippet from the article.

Witnesses suspected Fenix Two and Marching Song had been electrocuted after they died in front of a packed parade ring before the start of the first race of one of the biggest days in the jumping calendar.The first race was run, but the meeting was then abandoned because officials at the Berkshire course could not immediately confirm why the horses had died.

Mmm Electrocuted, well it sure beats fireworks. www.telegraph.co.uk...
In the meantime I will see if I can find some footage of the incident.
Edit to add a link from the BBC.
news.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 12/2/2011 by lewtra because: to add link

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Afraid to tell you there is already two threads on this.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

As usual, did a search,nothing came up. Close this thread. Cheers.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lewtra

We have this going on in the U.S. too. I know of an event that took place at a friends boarding stable in upstate N.Y. After sending samples to Cornell University thesamples showed the horses tested positive for equine herpes. Hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Afraid to tell you there is already two threads on this.

could you link the main one? ty

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by piercebitchone

Got any links on the Herpes cases? If one horse had died, it would not be very unusual, animals die off the cuff, including humans. But this is akin to, two healthy people dropping dead at the exact same time while making love.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
This is very strange ,The horse stepped off the rubberized mat on to the paddock,they were wearing aluminium racing shoes,One of the trainers felt a tingling when he touched the horse.
www.telegraph.co.uk...
I would like to get to the truth on this one.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

This is all pointing toward electrocution of some sort. The cable underground was laid in the nineties, so it would have been properly armored, insulated and surrounded by 8" of sand. I don't believe the cable could have been damaged.

Christopher Spence, the Newbury chairman, said: "It's a nightmare for everybody. We all think it's electric, but we don't know.
"We've looked at the cables and we couldn't see any damage and no work has been carried out on the paddock since the last meeting."

I can't help thinking that this incident is connected to some of the bird deaths, it was reported the birds had signs of being shocked, electrocuted.

Has anyone got any links to the other threads??

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This first link isnt related to the Newbury event ,the second is a news report from newbury.www.emmitsburg.net...
www.youtube.com...

top topics

join