It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Roman Catholic Church Isnt Evil

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well that depends on how you define 'evil'. Catholicism must fight oppressive religions in their view to maintain pseudo dominance on the world stage. This means if Islam or Wicca gets in their way there will be hell to pay, no pun intended.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Christianity has many similarities between good and bad words that are eerie and disturbing. Religion itself sounds like legions. Luke sounds like Lucifer. Mark sounds like 'the mark' of the devil. There are many more. David and devil, Paul and 'the fall', Mary and 'the mark' of the devil and possibly Mars or Ares. Joseph with the 'J' flipped seems all of a sudden to suggest 'L'oseph(er). God and goat, chaos and cross, Adam and Eve and damnation and evil. There seems to be concerted effort to suggest that God is evil by the devil but there could be many different interpretations if the word likenesses are not even coincidental. Jesus Christ the savior in the Bible sounds, in fact, like his betrayer Judas Iscariot. Jesus Christ also sounds like Judas Priest (another name of Judas). Looking further the Book of Genesis with the letters mixed around slightly looks like Gesus sin (Jesus' sin) or perhaps 'sin (against Jesus)', Jesus' son (a theme from the De Vinci Code). Lucifer sounds like 'last supper' and 'Le Savior'. Christmas occurs in capricorn (the goat) sign and Easter occurs often in Taurus (the bull) sign. The bull may in part mean being to do with Baalzebub or Baal and also 'bull cr___ing' people or a male figurehead theme- a goat, bull, and rooster theme as the leader. The word devil may in part mean (of the bull) and the words Bible and Able sound like 'be bull' and 'a bull' to do with Baalzebub the fertility god of the Bible. The Torah from Judaism sounds like taurus and synagogue sounds like 'sin no God'. The Kabala religion sounds like Baal also. Perhaps most importantly Barabas who was let out of prison instead of Jesus sounds like Baal/Baalzebub. The Holy Bible soundl like Hell, 'be Baal', and babble. The Tower of Babble seems like a theme to do with hell, confusion, and chaos. Amen sounds like omen, saint and 'sinned', and the word 'isn't'. The King James Bible sounds like 'the king of mind games' and as well as being called the prince of darkness the devil is also known as the dark lord. The sord soul sounds like, with the letters mixed around slightly 'Lou's'. Delilah and Goliath in the Bible sound like 'of the liar' and 'go (and) liath' or possibly 'go liar'. Elijah sounds like 'he liar'. The Phonecians sound like 'phoney' 'shuns'. Samson, Samual, and Soloman sound like the word 'similation' and Soloman also sounds like 'so low man'. The word 'god' with the 'g' backwards seems like 'p' o.d. (prince of darkness). 'God' and 'god' seem like 6(odd) and 9(odd) a reference perhaps to three 6s or the letter of the devil and three 9s the real number according to some religious scholars. The words Christian and Christianity with the letters mixed around slightly seems like antichrist. The word covenent in the Bible seems like coven (a witch term according to scholars). Lesser known names in the Bible like Philoman, Obadiah, and Malachi sound like 'fall man/oman, 'o bad (l)iah', and perhaps with the letters mixed around, 'am Luci(fer)' and 'malicious'. Zion sounds like 'sinning'. Mary also sounds like Murder, (typhoid) Mary, (bloody) Mary, and (night) mare. Mary Magdelene sounds like a reference to Morgan Le Fay (the sister of Merlin in the King Arthur Fable). Jesus also sounds like Janus who was a duality based god worshipped by knights templar according to some religious scholars. It is a theme that, as well as the bull theme and other themes, shows up often. Alpha and Omega sound like a duality theme, the word devil may in part mean 'double' and there are both Easter and Christmas with goat and bull signs. Christmas occurs December 25th and the number 25 seems like '52' backwards which may be referring to the Greek Omega symbol which it bears a resemblence to appearance wise. These words could have many different interpretations to them and could even be purely coincidental. They seem to be implying almost that God and Jesus are evil but some also seem to suggest the devil is behind them and if the words are more than coincidental, than one should wonder if they are in fact the works of an evil God, or are they the works, orchestrated and meant to decieve, sent by the devil instead???

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Fascinating how one can never read a discussion concerning the Catholic Church without some twisted individual dropping lines about molestation.

As to the ossuary; this site was a popular burial grounds. Around the 15th century, the church was built, thousands of remains were exhumed, and they were piled in ossuaries under the church. In the 1870's, the Order was thrown out and the noble family who possessed the property hired a woodcarver to create works of art from them...and he did.

Given the history lesson, the idea of using relics and remains as art are a tradition - the Capuchin monks have an extensive ossuary in Rome. In the Catholic tradition, we hold mortality uppermost in our thoughts. Ash Wednesday - a feast day that has just passed - is explicitly a reminder of our death. Why? To remind us that the rebellion of Adam and Eve cast us all from Paradise and that we now must know the pains, infirmity, and ultimately, the end of a mortal life. The displays also serve as a reminder that our corporeal bodies are temporary vessels, and that our souls will dwell eternally in the home we have prepared for us.

The ossuary reminds us that we too shall die - soon. Are you ready? is the question that these displays ask.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Cool church!

2nd line

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by shantyman

Unnecessary and childish in my opinion. Who among us forgets that they are going to die? Oh yeah, the Catholics, because they think they are above us all anyway.

I understand and appreciate that we are talking about a church that comes from a different culture with different customs than churches in the U.S., but do not try to feed me that bile about how we are supposed to remember that we are going to die someday. If you forget something as basic as that, then you have issues that God cannot even resolve.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
A post to counter the persecution (a hint).

A beautiful story of a recent miraculous healing.

francoisvautour.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
To the best of my knowledge, bones or pile of bones are symbols of piracy, death, poison, satanic and a lot of other things that represent evil. I don't see these kinds of symbols in other religions place of gathering. Oh, and I see skull and bones in biology books, they're evil too.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
This is a Freak show, maybe the bones are there to remind people of the slaughter they perpetrated in the Inquisition. You know, when the Pedophiles burnt thousands of beautiful women!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Look at this thread! I stopped at page three, it is awful. Vicky on page 2, God bless you for your positive comments.

Here's the history on the OP. Notice the dates, long, long time before the Protestant
revolt and those fellas' rejection of the Church.

The bones that you see in Sedlec were exhumed more than 500 years ago, for practical reasons. The cemetery was a popular place to be buried because the land had been considered Holy Ground since 1278, when soil from Golgotha, where Jesus was crucified, was spread there. Bohemia's first Cistercian monastery owned the land at that time, and a monk in their service had returned with the precious soil after a diplomatic mission to Jerusalem.

Nobles and the wealthy from all over Central Europe clamored to be buried there, and by 1400, what with the black plague pandemic and Hussite wars, the cemetery was full. A church of All Saints was then built in the middle of it, with a chapel below to house exhumed bones; their removal from the soil meant that more Christians were able to be buried in this sacred ground. The bone were cleaned, piled in pyramids, and there they sat, in storage, for hundreds of years.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Angels appear to help Catholics in trouble. Notice, first they prayed, we can all do that...

from an article today at www.spiritdaily.com...

Often, they have to do with "mysterious strangers" who, it seems, solve various and sundry car problems -- sometimes dangerous ones.

"Around 1983, my morning routine included driving my children to a daycare school before going on my way to work," wrote Marianne from Glenmont, New York. "After leaving them off, the road I used everyday crossed over an old bridge that went over a deep ravine. Each day I had a bad feeling using that bridge, but any alternate route would have been extremely inconvenient. To calm my uneasiness I would always say an Hail Mary as I drove over it. If traffic was bad, I ended up sitting on the bridge saying Hail Marys continuously until I was off it.

"One day the morning commute was made more difficult by a bad rainstorm. Consequently, the traffic was bad and the cars were moving very slowly -- many Hail Marys were said! My car was an old Ford hand-me-down from my parents; sometimes it would stall out. On this specific day, as I reached the end of the bridge, it stopped. It wouldn't start, so I put it in park. But when I took my foot off the brake the auto started rolling backward toward the ravine as I was on a steep incline. I engaged the emergency brake, but this failed to keep the car from rolling so I needed to keep pressure on the brake with my foot! My leg was getting tired and I was starting to feel panicky.

"It was at this exact moment that a man with beautiful blue eyes came to my window and told me to put my car in neutral so he could tow my auto up the hill to level ground. He didn't ask if I needed or wanted help, he just knew it. His truck was an old thing and not a 'tow truck.' Yet he had a chain to attach for towing. Before I knew it, we were at the top of the hill (even though the hand brake was stuck) right next to a Howard Johnson's restaurant where I could phone my husband. I was so grateful that I offered him money for his kind assistance, but he refused it.

"I never forgot the 'man' who was there at a critical moment when I desperately needed assistance. He was an answer to my prayers and I felt he had been sent to me by Mother Mary -- an angel.

"Now, just when you would think this was perhaps a coincidence, let me tell you about another incident with a similar 'man.' Fifteen years later, one of my children was driving home from a college night class when her tailpipe fell and was dragging on the ground. It was on a highway and she didn't know what to do except to say a Hail Mary. Just as she pulled over to the side of the road and was beginning to feel panicky a man with blue eyes in an old truck stopped to help her. He just happened to have a coat hanger to fix the problem. Before she knew it, he was done and gone. She came home and told me that 'my angel' had just helped her too!"

It is something to perpend as we approach the feast day of the angels!

From Bonnie Lay in Exton, Pennsylvania comes another case involving a car crisis.

"It was a very rainy day and I was to be the luncheon speaker for the Georgia Hospital Association at the Calloway Gardens Resort," Bonnie tells us. "I lived in Atlanta and I drove a bright orange Fiat Spider sports car. Periodically, the oil gauge would drop and I would just need to put more oil in the car. I turned off the highway onto a four lane road. Two lanes going and two lanes returning separated by a huge gravel gulley with a lot of pine trees. There was no way to turn around.

"Well, it happened, the oil gauge dropped and my car ceased. I couldn't get out as I would get soaked and I had ten more minutes to get to the resort. I fervently prayed for help. Up drives this purple Cadillac, the kind that had those 'fins' on the sides. The car had a license plate in the front stating 'God is my co-pilot.' A Chinese man came out and came to my car. He had on a baseball cap. I asked him if he had any oil. He said 'open the hood.'

"The Fiat's hood is opened from the glove box and I slunk down to see if I could see what he was doing as there was a little space from the open hood and the windshield. He was monkeying with the wires and motioned for me to turn the engine. It started. I said, 'Praise the Lord,' and he said in a pigeon English: 'Pwaise the Ward. Au-way- wu-ah!' He followed me and I was watching him in my rear view mirror. There was a bend in the road to the right and I looked again and he was gone!

"There was no way he could have turned around and crossed that gravel gulley. I suppose the moral of the story is: "Always have your wires connected to the correct source."

Mysterious strangers are one thing. Can they come in other forms? And how would you feel if you were in trouble near swampland famous for alligators?

"A few years ago a friend told us a story which was quite incredible," wrote a final viewer. "The family lived in Florida and had a home in the Everglades. One night the wife was driving home through the Evergaldes when her car stopped. Since the area was quite isolated, there were no street lights or any other lights which could guide her down the road. Fearful of stepping off into the water or encountering an alligator on the road she prayed for God's help.

"Shortly after her prayer she felt something warm touch her hand. Although startled she reached backward and realized it was the nose of a very large dog. The dog moved forward so that she could reach its back. Once she was holding the dog it began moving and took her to the house without any hesitation. The porch light was on and cast a light out into the road. It was at the edge of the light that the dog stopped. Still overcome about what happened the only thing she could think of was to get it some food.

"When she reappeared with something for the dog, she realized it had disappeared.

"From that day until she left she never saw the dog again."

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
Look at this thread! I stopped at page three, it is awful. Vicky on page 2, God bless you for your positive comments.

Here's the history on the OP. Notice the dates, long, long time before the Protestant
revolt and those fellas' rejection of the Church.

The bones that you see in Sedlec were exhumed more than 500 years ago, for practical reasons. The cemetery was a popular place to be buried because the land had been considered Holy Ground since 1278, when soil from Golgotha, where Jesus was crucified, was spread there. Bohemia's first Cistercian monastery owned the land at that time, and a monk in their service had returned with the precious soil after a diplomatic mission to Jerusalem.

Nobles and the wealthy from all over Central Europe clamored to be buried there, and by 1400, what with the black plague pandemic and Hussite wars, the cemetery was full. A church of All Saints was then built in the middle of it, with a chapel below to house exhumed bones; their removal from the soil meant that more Christians were able to be buried in this sacred ground. The bone were cleaned, piled in pyramids, and there they sat, in storage, for hundreds of years.

It is important to bump up the true history of the Sedlec. And no replies since, come on dear Catholics.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join