It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Roman Catholic Church Isnt Evil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This is the Sedlec Ossuary, a small little chapel in the town of Kutna Hora in the Czech Republic.

Innocent looking enough

But when you go inside this Roman Catholic Chapel

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68efe06e3d64.jpg[/atsimg]

There are over 70,000 human bones adorning the inside of this satanic chapel. I wonder who would want their bones used in this way...or even more alarming, what kind of catholic would want to worship here? This is some eery stuff.

The renovation was commissioned by the House of Schwarzenberg, whos current head is the minister of finance for the Czech Republic, as seen here

The craftsman also made a replica of the family seal out of bones

In the background, you can see thousands of skulls, femurs and other bones piled up in a heap. Honestly, there is no way in hell any catholic can defend this. This is simple death worship. If I were to worship the principle of death, i would do exactly what this chapel has done.

Maybe theyre the bones of the innumerable victims of wars, massacres and other mass killings?

A chandelier

Its hard to believe how insane some people are.

Church, and spirituality should be about peace and love. This is anything but that. This is the diametric opposite of those ideals. This is Satanism plain and simple. These arent fake bones. But real bones of human beings that once stood and walked and lived.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
i would totally live in that chapel. creepy /cool is in

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
i would totally live in that chapel. creepy /cool is in

lol

I mean that's very honest of you,

There are other catholic churches that have these sort of displays, some of them are priest and nuns, the dead ones.

link   
It's not done out of disrespect. It's an artistic reminder of the death we all face and the need to get out lives right.

You asked where the bones come from. Some are monks from the church, many are the previous centuries' faithful.

here's some more, you may like:
www3.sympatico.ca...
edit on 12-2-2011 by GrisGris because: added link

link   
i wouldn't be afraid of those bones but a child molesting priests & Vatican + pope who covers their actions. Evil empire i say...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
There will without doubt be 'explanations'. There always are.

Especially from a tradition, which has centuries of training in embellishing the original non-sense tale with excessive rhetorics.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Could be a homage to all the people they burn up in the middle ages heh heh heh

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

The Church of Bones is quite unusual and so it´s history. Here is some extra info for you.

Source

Soon, in Europe the plague caused the death of many people, and many people went to Sedlec before their death. In a little amount of time a lot of people were buried in Sedlec, and thus came the idea of creating an ossuary. The task of creating the ossuary was given to a half blind monk who arranged the bones. But only more than 300 years later, the bones were arranged artistically as they are today.

In 1870, a local woodcarver, Frantisek Rindt was given the task to decorate the chapel with the bones. And the amazing result speak for itself. 40.000 human bodies are now arranged and the place is now popularly known as the Church of Bones.

Peace

edit on 12-2-2011 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GrisGris

Reminder of death? Thats a euphimsitc excuse if i have ever heard one.

Why did the church cut little boys testicles off? so they could sound pretty, like the angels in heaven.

Obviously this is a reference to death, but its a GLORIFICATION of death, and not in a mature, death comes upon us all sort of way either.

Dont be naive.

The god of the roman catholic church is not the same G-d christians and Jews identify with. In this sense, god is the dark god, hence why the church is decorated in items symbolizing death, bones. Regardless of whose bones they are, its incredibly dark and satanic, like the history of the catholic church.

Also, how does the seal of a noble house into this? If this were truly a respect for death - which it obviously is not - they wouldnt have stylized their seal out of the bones. They did that because ultimately that chapel is a symbol of death and depravity.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Gonna end up a big ole pile a them bones

edit on 032828p://bSaturday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

I love how its made to look so normal..

Hence our crazy world, where holocausts, rapes etc are outwardly condemned but secretly encouraged..........

I cant tell if its naivete that motivates some of you to find this 'cool' or artistic, or a gnostic, death worship.

Whichever it is it is obscenely stupid.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

People back then didn't think the way we do, there are many cultures that do interesting things with their deceased,

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I am sorry, dontreally, I am not trying to make light of your post,

It is interesting to research the reasons behind the displays though, don't you think?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Lets check it out

The church was built on top of a cemetery in the 15th century. It is estimated that the remains of about 40-70,000 people are contained at the church. In 1870, woodcarver Frantisek Rint was hired by the Schwarzenberg family to put the bone heaps in order.

Rint's results are what visitors can see today: four large bell-shaped mounds in the corners of the chapel; a chandelier of bones that contains at least one of each bone in the human body; garlands of skulls drape the vault; Rint's signature, also made from the bones, is on the wall near the entrance of the church.

www.ktsm.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I love how its made to look so normal

Normal? No. I would say a tourist attraction. Sure it´s bizzare and freaky. But what is considered normal these days??

Hence our crazy world, where holocausts, rapes etc are outwardly condemned but secretly encouraged..........

It´s true. We are livng in world of madness and stupidity. Everyday, we getting bombarded with violence, murder etc. To put it short..we became an apathetic society, marching towards self-destruction.

I cant tell if its naivete that motivates some of you to find this 'cool' or artistic, or a gnostic, death worship.

It´s touristic attraction, norhing more i hope...

Whichever it is it is obscenely stupid.

Stupid maybe, but according to the source earlier they charge entrance money.

The entrance fee to the Sedlec Ossuary is a modest one. For adults it is 50 Czech Koronas (about $2.20 or 1.75 euros). For students and children the entrance fee is even smaller: 30 Koronas. Keep in mind that if you want to take photos you will have to pay an additional 30 Koronas.
Source

Peace

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

At most, I find it amuzing how crazy some people are.

Imagine most catholics saw this, and understood that this was a roman catholic chapel bearing Church recognition. It puts the pope in a whole new light, doesnt it?

See, the catholics in power dont want us to know about their dualism. Their midnight masses and their other ghastly secrets that are probably too horrific to relate (not taht i know, but i would suspect child abuse, spiritual slave ie; torture based mind control, among other things as 'necessary'.....As my signature says, and as John Milton knew well "necessity is the tyrants plea". The devil makes the most evil things seem "neutral" because of the plea of necessity)...

So i see this church as anything but playing, but real serious death worship.

Those aristocrats dont play around.

I also doubt that all those bones are "nuns and saints" who donated their bones as decoration. I think most spiritual minded people would want their bones left alone, to dissolve naturally in the earth, in peace. Those bones are probably taken from a mass grave.. They probably belong to victims of massacres which were quite common in that area of Bohemia in the 1700s
edit on 12-2-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Church, and spirituality should be about peace and love.

Pff. Says you. Why can't spirituality concern itself with the less savoury parts of life? The only arguments that I have heard against so-called death cults or 'evil' religions are arguments that assume themselves to be self-evident. Like, why are peace and love so good? I say that people like peace and love when they are in positions of weakness or their lives are lacking in real harshness. People who live harsh lives favour gods of war and death, because war and death are concepts that are intimately wrapped up with the idea of justice. In my opinion, it isn't a universal thing. It depends on your current preferences.

The RCC worships death because it is through the curse/blessing of death that salvation was delivered to the world, according to their theology. If Jesus had not died, if sacrifice was not possible, then mankind would not have been saved. The God of Abraham demanded sacrifice, too. Death and sacrifice are important to the spiritual lives of Jews and Christians and Muslims and other Abrahamites. Without death, how could we value the gift of life? How would we be rid of tyrants and monsters?

Keep in mind that the ossuary was constructed after the Black Death, which Catholic Europe widely regarded as a grand example of the Danse Macabre. The Black Death was an irresistible epidemiological and cultural phenomenon. One could not help but notice that it afflicted the strong, the weak, the pious and impious alike. It spared nobody. The plague was a reminder that death comes to all men and that in death, all men are equal. If this seems macabre (pardon my playfulness), it is because it was built during a very macabre point in history.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Id just like to say these sort of arguments go nowhere. Your position is untenable because it goes against what you underemphasize as being "self evident". Belief in a creator which created everything with a purpose and meaning gives significance to everything. When one is in pain he hopes for the pain to leave him. In short, the purpose of pain is to reveal the value and worth of good. Its simply there to teach us something about its opposite. Likewise, evil is only a possibility, a thing that CAN be done, and should remain nothing more than an intangible possibility.

I say that people like peace and love when they are in positions of weakness or their lives are lacking in real harshness.

True, when one is weak he humbles himself and has an enchanced appreciation of good. I for instance have endured a great deal of psychological and phyical pain in my life. I am not weak, otherwise i wouldnt have gone through it. However, i do have the humility to acknowledge my strength as not being my own, but G-d given. Praise goes to G-d because he is the one who gives it.

People who live harsh lives favour gods of war and death, because war and death are concepts that are intimately wrapped up with the idea of justice.

People who worship gods of war and mayhem are ultilamtely going to be consumed by such gods of war and mayhem. Truth is, those powers only have a temporary existence, despite the fact that they have marked our cultures for millenia. In the end, as the bible predicts, those "elohim" gods or powers, will be destroyed.

In fact, these powers probably have so much relevance to our world because the pagan gnostic elite actively worship them and thus contribute to their existence. Jewish midrashim go into great detail about the nature of ones worship of these idolatrous - that is, philosophical, or idealistic powers. First those powers and their belief in them are destroyed, and than their servants are, as the bible relates when G-d destroyed Egypt. First he destroyed their gods, and than pharoah and his hosts fell.

In my opinion, it isn't a universal thing. It depends on your current preferences.

So the universe, which is the totality of everything, G-d, isnt jealous or bothered by the misuse of the Free will he gave human beings? Way to test G-d. You always have the choice. He creates the possibility to test our faithfulness and strength of will. Dont imagine that the creator of all wants people worshipping lesser, illusory powers just because you can.

The God of Abraham demanded sacrifice, too.

Maybe you dont quite understand the totality of that episode. The angel of Elohim dictated to Abraham to sacrifice Isaac. theres many different elements being hinted at in this verse. First, Elohim is the name of strict judgement and so demanded of Abraham something harsh, and strict. Abraham having come from such a culture assented to G-ds will and was about to perform the ritual of sacrifice (Sacrifice was believed to appease certain powers, thus, sacrificing "one" for the sake of the many), but before Abraham was about to kill Isaac, the angel of YHVH, who is G-ds attribute of mercy, appears and tells Abraham to stop. This revealed for the first time to mankind that the above practices were no longer tolerated. Man didnt have to sacrifice other men to find good. On a deeper level, he was teaching man that he can transcend evil. The Torah of Judaism signifies the transcendance of the lower dualistic good/evil order that typified pagan culture of those days (for instance, Cains sacrifice was 'flax' which has two pods growing opposite on one stock) to a level that seeks to transmute the evil of this world, to good. This is done by following G-ds will and sacrificing ones own 'animal', which is symbolized by the Ram that was replaced with Isaac (the Ram symbolizing Aries, the highest of the zodiacal/spiritual powers)

Death and sacrifice are important to the spiritual lives of Jews and Christians and Muslims and other Abrahamites. Without death, how could we value the gift of life? How would we be rid of tyrants and monsters?

Ok, Its one thing to appreciate the value of death, and what it can do for ones spiritual advancement. For instance, the Talmud teaches that if one is on the verge of sin, he should think about his moment of death in order to strike him with fear. Death is not focal to Judaism, but life; L'Chaim - "to life".

I understand how much Christianity and Islam share with their fascination with death. They are not at all loyal to the Jewish foundation they grew from. Judaism is completely separate from them in this way.

If this seems macabre (pardon my playfulness), it is because it was built during a very macabre point in history.

Actually, the bones were incorporated into the chapel in the 1870s, hundreds of years after the black plague. In either case, death is worshipped and looked at as a guardian. Death to these sort of people is seen as the ultimate conceievable power; as if there is nothing higher.

Fact is, most normal people identify with Judaic morality and ethics. Christians moribund death cult worship is something very foreign to many of todays christians, despite it being a central aspect to christianity since the crusades.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Well, I think it said a grave yard was dug up and yea, they decorated with the bones, Catholics seem to like their relics,

It is definitely odd, of course that wouldn't be allowed today. would it?

What does go in in those secret midnight masses?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join