It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Trade Chief Urges Europe To Open Market To GM Foods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

US Trade Chief Urges Europe To Open Market To GM Foods

www.google.com

A top US trade official said she will bang down the door of the European Commission Thursday in a bid to break a longstanding impasse blocking the march of genetically-modified foods.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
Red Green & Blue
Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
BREAKING: In a stunning reversal, USDA Chief Vilsack Greenlights Monsanto's Alfalfa 7
Food "Safety" Bill Empowers Monsanto to Control Food Industry‏
Monsanto Tops 2010 Corporate Hall of Shame
edit on 12-2-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The Headline Should Read -

Monsanto - No Food Shall Be Grown That We Dont Own-

The best-known GM producer, another US giant Monsanto, is at the forefront of legal moves to open up the European single market, home to half a billion people and 20 million companies.

MONSANTO

Photo Credit

And did you ever find yourself wondering why The Vatican quietly duplicitously works to remove the moral implications of GMO foods?

Commission documentation lists reasons that may be given by a state, under the EU treaty and based on existing case-law, "to restrict or prohibit GMO cultivation in all or part of its territory."

These include: public morals (religious, philosophical and ethical concerns); public order; preservation of organic and conventional farming systems; social policy objectives, eg for mountain regions; preservation of traditional farming methods or cultural heritage; and maintenance of certain habitats and ecosystems.

[url=http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iSvlZgb3tPJ31vzO9phygZjd5JBw?docId=CNG.2df6f06d0b2d96b0ba00c506a4d565e1.01]www.google.com[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-2-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hopefully Europe won't be stupid enough to open their market to Monsanto's frankenstein food.

"You should be very careful with your nutrition."

- Samael Aun Weor, Introduction to Gnosis

"We must always seek to be in good health, because a healthy body is good for everything, withstands everything, and responds at all moments so that we can demand from it our material and spiritual work."

- Samael Aun Weor, Tibetan Exercises for Rejuvenation

Originally posted by burntheships
And did you ever find yourself wondering why The Vatican quietly duplicitously works to remove the moral implications of GMO foods?

And speaking of the Vatican, their time is short and it will soon fall.

"The Vatican will be bombarded and destroyed by blood and fire; soon, it will pay its horrible debts."

- The Major Mysteries by Samael Aun Weor

(Debts, meaning karmic debts.)

edit on 12-2-2011 by Tamahu because: edited quote

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is insane. If for some reason the U.S. is successful in this then there will had to have been some ridiculous influence or agreement made. Europe is lucky, I wish I could even identify GM foods here with a label, but there's no label.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Fortunately, unless something has changed, food that is labeled Organic supposedly has to be non-gmo in order for it to be certified Organic.

Organic non-gmo food may cost more than conventional non-gmo food, but at least by going with Organic you'll know that it is non-gmo. Unless, like I've said, something has changed in regard to Organic regulations.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Do not forget how farmers are treated by MONSANTO:

Monsanto watch: Targeting American farmers with lawyers, fear and money

Monsanto Extortion Letter

The GM genocide: Thousands of Indian farmers are committing suicide after using genetically modified crops

However media propaganda sites twists the story and try to blame the suicides on "global warming"

That sure makes it obvious Global warming is an elitist hoax. (FOLLOW THE MONEY: sustainability or Agenda 21 was drafted by Ged Davis while working for Shell Oil. Shell and BP funded CRU of climategate fame)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

I would hope, though it looks from everything I can find,
this banging down the door will be successful.

Keep us posted will you, especially on the Vatican end.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

It is insane!

Its is science gone mad, mad men at the helm!

reply to post by crimvelvet

Thank you for the links!

And of course, we know that these folks dont eat the GMO!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Nice find! s&f
I don't like how the european commission has started to make decisions that none of the europeans support/like for decades now (e.g. banning herbs - aloe-vera, etc. -from april 2011 onwards www.abovetopsecret.com...). It's just getting worse and there are certain similarities to the (negative) development in the united states.
edit on 12-2-2011 by SunLightyear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
And this is once again CHANGE WE CAN PUKE IN!

Seriously, anyone who followed who was close to Obama and who Obama nominated back even BEFORE he was in office knew that he would appoint scum like that who are for GMO and are slaves of Monsanto.

Obama, being a corporatist once again! The banks, Monsanto, the militaro-industrial complex... GEE WHAT CHANGE!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

I've actually started switching to all organic. I'm at about 50/50 right now. Though the more I research "USDA Organic" the less confident I am in that labeling.
edit on 2/12/2011 by Drezden because: double word

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Basically if you refuse to sterilize yourself and kill off your unborn, they will break down your door and shove it down your throat...

... why do we allow this again?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I'm sure the UK isn't that interested in US opinion after the US tole Russia about Britain's defense program.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SunLightyear

I have a sneaking susicion that its all done to unite the nations under terror.

Thats right, one nation, all nations under terror.

Terror from the left , terror from the right, terror at the breakfast, lunch and dinner table.

And they think when they have our numbers lowered down they will corrall the strong ones
left and yoke us about and have us labor for them.

1984, or Brave New World.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Oh, I like this

"When Europeans come to the United States, they come and enjoy our cuisine with no concerns whatsoever,"

and WTF

The best-known GM producer, another US giant Monsanto, is at the forefront of legal moves to open up the European single market, home to half a billion people and 20 million companies.

new topics

top topics

join