It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Will the Earth's Wandering Magnetic Poles Cause Deadly Superstorms?

page: 1
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Will the Earth's Wandering Magnetic Poles Cause Deadly Superstorms?


www.foxnews.com

Will the wandering magnetic North Pole create crazy superstorms?

A sensational article at Salem-News.com notes that the Earth's magnetic poles are moving more rapidly than ever before, and argues that this may increase the likelihood of devastating superstorms and tubocharged tsunamis -- and in general cause life-threatening havoc with the world's weather.

"When the field shifts, when it fluctuates, when it goes into flux and begins to become unstable anything can happen. And what normally happens is that all hell breaks loose," the article claims.

Poppycock, say the best scienti
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   



For a 'normal' non-event (that I keep reading on this forum by a select few) it sure is causing a lot of talk, worry and speculation behind the scenes and onto MSM, eh?

If this is nothing (like the Tampa Airport and the GPS recalibration to name a few) then why are they worrying about storms?

Seems to me they're been relentless at unleashing the 'good cop/bad cop' reporters ever since the massive animal die-offs on New Years eve.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I believe we are going to be in for one hell of a ride soon..I can just feel it coming, And I am just going to sit back with a beer and watch it all float away. Let the earth take back what was once it's land.



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Despite this blame on the pole shift for everything I still remember BP, the Gulf Stream, what I feel was orders from the Rothschild Family to carry this out, and that Italian Physicist who did the math and determined that BP was responsible for the stalling of the Gulf Stream.

That would certainly not help things at all, would it. That would amp up a pole reversal and any ideas of superstorms pretty swiftly.

yowusa.com...
BP Oil Spill Stalls Gulf Loop Current

www.eworldwire.com...
BP Oil Spill Stalls Gulf Loop Current Affirms Dr. Gianluigi Zangari, Reports Your Own World USA
edit on 12-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
I believe we are going to be in for one hell of a ride soon..I can just feel it coming, And I am just going to sit back with a beer and watch it all float away. Let the earth take back what was once it's land.


I agree with both "we ain't see nothing yet' and...."sitting back and watching this whole thing unfold (beer/bong optional
)



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Guess in the end...........................
Its just .................


edit on 12-2-2011 by Black_Fox because: Spelling



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Fear sells and the roller coaster of fear very much works to the favor of a corrupt political and corporate establishment as people's focus shifts from one drama filled and fear inspired moment to another, like a bouncing ball that extolls you to follow along to a song on a childrens show.

The truth is that science likely has no way to predict the outcome of such events having nothing to establish a precedent with from similiar past occurences.

Living on the coast in the very flat state of Florida I sometimes must I should get an oxygen tank and life raft to keep handy to make my way to the top of a 500 foot wave, and then chuckle at the notion thinking of all the massive high rises and homes displaced from their foundations crashing through the water at the same time.

Such are the idle musings fear can give inspiration too.

Fear sells for that very reason.



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Despite this blame on the pole shift for everything I still remember BP, the Gulf Stream, what I feel was orders from the Rothschild Family to carry this out, and that Italian Physicist who did the math and determined that BP was responsible for the stalling of the Gulf Stream.

That would certainly not help things at all, would it. That would amp up a pole reversal and any ideas of superstorms pretty swiftly.

yowusa.com...
BP Oil Spill Stalls Gulf Loop Current

www.eworldwire.com...
BP Oil Spill Stalls Gulf Loop Current Affirms Dr. Gianluigi Zangari, Reports Your Own World USA
edit on 12-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)



Unity,

Along those same lines, did you catch my thread with BelieverUnderground (Scott) and what he suggests?

It's very similar to what I think, you're saying (minus the Rothschild connection but....I wouldn't dismiss that at ALL)



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I was more interested in the info further down on that article:




And those massive superstorms themselves? They're definitely a possibility, albeit not connected to the magnetic pole ideas. In fact, one such event struck California in 1861, said Dr. Marty Ralph, Chief of the Water Cycle Branch at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Earth System Research Laboratory. "Local observers called it a 300-mile-long inland sea," Ralph told FoxNews.com. The event occurred, he believes, when a series of phenomena called atmospheric rivers (www.esrl.noaa.gov...) stalled over California. These rivers -- narrow regions of the atmosphere that move the lion's share of the world's water vapor through the atmosphere -- are quite real, and they're quite astounding. They can stretch thousands of miles, for one thing, and move vast amounts of water, sometimes with winds of hurricane force, but focused a few thousand feet above the earth’s surface. "A typical river carries five-to-ten times the amount of water vapor than the Mississippi river carries as liquid, on average," and a big one can carry fifty times, he added. "Most flooding events in the major rivers on the West Coast are a result of atmospheric rivers creating copious rainfall," Ralph said.


This means there are aerial rivers that float about and from all the panic in organising a symposium to discuss it, including FEMA agents talking at the event, it might be a close possibility that this will happen very soon?



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
i think it has already started trouble.. here in eastern north carolina we have had the longest winter in history. it started being really cold in early october including above avg snowfall.. there basically wasn;t a Fall season this year straicht from summer to winter.

i burned thru twice as much firewood than previous year and it is still cold here. 40 in day 30 at night. typically 50's in day 40's at night.. much worse than early 90's.. all the old people who grew up here agree that the weather has been really sever this winter.. i should have mover further south or will soon. not that it has been record cold day by day, but has been really colder than norm for longer than norm. usually landscaping has bloomed this time of year, still hasn't..

look at mexico's cold freeze this year, SOMETHING IS HAPPENING.. without a doubt!!



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien




For a 'normal' non-event (that I keep reading on this forum by a select few) it sure is causing a lot of talk, worry and speculation behind the scenes and onto MSM, eh?


I don't know that any one could rightfully call it a non event... A pole shift that is... But yes, it is normal. Or perhaps, natural is a better term for it. It is a part of nature. It happens on average every 250,000 years, I believe. Thought the last one happened about 700 some on thousand years ago... So the earth is long over due.

Do I know the kind of effect it would have? No. I do know that life has managed to survive the last time... If and when it does happen, it will be the first time that it happened with people on this earth...

I do like to think that if "lesser" and not as intelligent life forms were able to survive, that humans would be able to as well... But who is to say that it would not bring death to all kinds of life forms in mass numbers or even in small numbers?

I just don't know. Normal, yes.... Non event.... I doubt it...



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


We must be vigilant.

We must unite against the New World Order and least be mentally prepared for the planned disasters they have carried out and continue to carry out on the rest of us.

Learn more at www.prisonplanet.com ; V for Victory my brothers!



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Fear sells and the roller coaster of fear very much works to the favor of a corrupt political and corporate establishment as people's focus shifts from one drama filled and fear inspired moment to another, like a bouncing ball that extolls you to follow along to a song on a childrens show.

The truth is that science likely has no way to predict the outcome of such events having nothing to establish a precedent with from similiar past occurences.

Living on the coast in the very flat state of Florida I sometimes must I should get an oxygen tank and life raft to keep handy to make my way to the top of a 500 foot wave, and then chuckle at the notion thinking of all the massive high rises and homes displaced from their foundations crashing through the water at the same time.

Such are the idle musings fear can give inspiration too.

Fear sells for that very reason.


You're absolutely right. And if you're a believer that the present consciousness forecasts the future (like I do) then, we're screwed. Because whether you're a buyer of the 'fear' that the MSM peddles out or embrace the ancient cultures who predict the 'end' then.....collectively, throughout this entire planet, there's a great unrest with little hope and positiveness.

Hey, off topic (if you don't mind) do you ever think about relocating out of Florida? I think to do that every other day but I mostly conclude, it is what it will be no matter where I go. Do you feel the same way?



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Human_Alien




For a 'normal' non-event (that I keep reading on this forum by a select few) it sure is causing a lot of talk, worry and speculation behind the scenes and onto MSM, eh?


I don't know that any one could rightfully call it a non event... A pole shift that is... But yes, it is normal. Or perhaps, natural is a better term for it. It is a part of nature. It happens on average every 250,000 years, I believe. Thought the last one happened about 700 some on thousand years ago... So the earth is long over due.

Do I know the kind of effect it would have? No. I do know that life has managed to survive the last time... If and when it does happen, it will be the first time that it happened with people on this earth...

I do like to think that if "lesser" and not as intelligent life forms were able to survive, that humans would be able to as well... But who is to say that it would not bring death to all kinds of life forms in mass numbers or even in small numbers?

I just don't know. Normal, yes.... Non event.... I doubt it...



Well here's the conundrum that I kept reading. A magnetic pole reversal is supposedly a non-event. Nothing will happen (or so I keep reading)
Now, a physical pole shift.......well, that's a WHOLE other matter.
That hasn't occurred in millennium and when it did, it's still unclear what took place. Some think it was a sudden die-off of just about every living creature. Others feel it was gradual.

But right now, the scuttlebutt pertains to a magnetic shift which again, 'they' don't think there's any adverse affect. I beg to differ.

A little off-topic but yesterday, there was a pilgramiage of hawks or buzzards here in southeast Florida, flying only about 100 feet above ground and heading west. The stream seemed endless.

I have never seen such a thing. I've seen thousands of birds flocking down here from the north in the Winter but never have I seen thousands of lowing flying hawks, flying west, mid-winter and....in the rain. Weird!



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Topato
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


We must be vigilant.

We must unite against the New World Order and least be mentally prepared for the planned disasters they have carried out and continue to carry out on the rest of us.

Learn more at www.prisonplanet.com ; V for Victory my brothers!


No doubt these clowns are playing right into the unrest. Opportunist idiots. All of them. I wish a pole shift would occur in certain areas only primarily in Washington, Downing St, the Vatican and Unite Nations!



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
i think it has already started trouble.. here in eastern north carolina we have had the longest winter in history. it started being really cold in early october including above avg snowfall.. there basically wasn;t a Fall season this year straicht from summer to winter.

i burned thru twice as much firewood than previous year and it is still cold here. 40 in day 30 at night. typically 50's in day 40's at night.. much worse than early 90's.. all the old people who grew up here agree that the weather has been really sever this winter.. i should have mover further south or will soon. not that it has been record cold day by day, but has been really colder than norm for longer than norm. usually landscaping has bloomed this time of year, still hasn't..

look at mexico's cold freeze this year, SOMETHING IS HAPPENING.. without a doubt!!


Yup! Indeed.

I have been freezing my arse off in south Florida for almost two months. We get one or two real nice days but then it gets cold. And they aren't 'snaps' of cold. They're cold fronts that extend all the way south where they aren't supposed to hang. It stays cold for days/weeks.

I think we should all expect the worse and be thankful when we catch breaks in between because this summer I feel, will be packed with many earthquakes and extreme heat.

At least when it's cold, we can bundle up a bit. But when it gets so incredibly hot, there's only so many layers of clothes we can strip down to and not be locked up for public indecency!



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Also, don't pole shifts take 5000 years to complete? Read that somewhere...



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Will the Earth's Wandering Magnetic Poles Cause Deadly Superstorms?


No. No, it will not. See Bad Astronomy's complete refutation of this nonsense..

Now can we please move this crap to the Hoax forum where it belongs? (Heck, can we just get a "Silly and Wrong" forum?)



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Topato
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Also, don't pole shifts take 5000 years to complete? Read that somewhere...


I guess that's a matter of who one talks with on any given day.
I think the 'truth' (hence facts) lay with the ancients. Only, we depend on 'modern' man to decipher what they were trying to tell us.

I personally believe (from what I've read and my own deduction) a physical pole shift takes moments. Like, days. Possibly three days.

A magnetic pole shift seems to take years on the other hand.

It is MY personal belief, a magnetic pole shift is the precursor to a physical one. Now, how long we've been in this magnetic pole shift seems to be controversial too.



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stunspot

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Will the Earth's Wandering Magnetic Poles Cause Deadly Superstorms?


No. No, it will not. See Bad Astronomy's complete refutation of this nonsense..

Now can we please move this crap to the Hoax forum where it belongs? (Heck, can we just get a "Silly and Wrong" forum?)



Well, not that I'd mind but that would mean, tossing FOX news into the hoax bid then. (Which they belong but maybe not for this reason though)

Bad Astronomy? Phil Plait's forum? You mean the guy who doesn't even think, consider or ponder some UFOs could be alien? You mean THAT guy? Oh yeah. Let's throw him a parade next week and vote him Man of the Year! I do believe WeedWacker is one of his students! Need we say more?



new topics

top topics



 
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join