It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Miami-Dade, 39 Year Old Resident Confirmed to Have West Nile Virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Health officials from the Miami-Dade County Health Department, have issued a warning for West Nile virus. This was announced with the confirmation that a 39 year old resident from Miami-Dade has the virus.

Miami-Dade Resident With West Nile Virus
"We know that West Nile is present in our community, which is why we urge people to protect themselves from mosquito bites," said Lillian Rivera, R,N., M.S.N., Miami-Dade County Health Department Administrator.

Miami-Dade County Health Department officials remind residents that summer rains provoke mosquito breeding and everyone should keep up personal mosquito protection efforts at home and away.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This link and the information was provided by WorldWatcher and credit goes to her for this breaking story.

Related News
Protecting yourself from West Nile Virus

Report: West Nile Virus Spreading Through South Florida

West Nile Fever Facts

[edit on 20-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I think that when they spray the 'mosquito repelent' as a mind control thingamabobber, like chemtrails.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
thanks for giving me credit muaddib, that's rather sweet of you, but it wasn't necessary at all.

as for the west nile, i haven't heard too much about it this summer, back in april i believe it was ohio or illinois that had a reported case, but West Nile in South Florida alarms me, since so much of our lifestyle is spent outdoors. I hope this can serve as a reminder to wear your mosquito repellant before heading outside for the rest of this summer.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I havent heard to much of West Nile out here in Nevada (surprise). But 2 years ago when I lived in Indiana, 2 people i knew got it and quite a few other people across the state. Killed more than a couple people too...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I was watching the news yesterday, and I guess two people in Buffalo, NY were infected with West Nile. But they were scientists trying to find a remedy or something, so I don't think they were infected in a public place or anything.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I remet summer when here in Colorado it seemed like everyone was getting it. I know some people here on Ft. Carson got it.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
az has the most amount of west nile cases of any state.. im getting worried about it since i like to fish and were now experiencing monsoon season. lots o squitos and lots o west nile.

top topics

join