It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investigation into Newbury Tragedy (horses drop dead after electrical shock)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Just want to point out , Human_Alien, that four horses were effected, two of them in a fatal fashion. The other two were "traumatised". Also, if some sort of less than lethal weapon were used to cause the damage done to these animals, there will be some evidence of that at the post mortem. You see ,all but one of the less than lethal charge based weapons in existance today, would leave a tell tale trace on the body , puncture marks, specificaly puncture marks with electrical burns around them. These would be things like air tazers, and those tazer rounds that can be fired from a shotgun, and contain a small capacitor which delivers the charge independant of any external source. The only exception I have heard of , would be a suitcase which delivers direct current through the air, rather that delivering current down a fired wire. Its meant as a sentinel weapon, to cover exits/entrances that a group does not have the man power to cover effectively. Leaving one of these buggers inside the door, ensures any interlopers get a few thousand unwanted volts, and collapse.
If there was however no weapon being deployed, then one would expect the entry point of the current into the horses bodies, to be from the hooves, where another sharp witted poster has rightly claimed that metal shoes are worn.
Another point against the idea that a less than lethal weapon was deployed against these poor creatures, is that what is less than lethal to a man, is likely even less lethal to an animal in peak physical condition (for instance a race horse) and weighing so many more times what an average human weighs. I dont see a puny little tazer, for instance, being able to permanently bring down a massive and powerful animal like a horse. A bloody enourmous shotgun, might work, but not a stun gun. I just dont see something thats designed for dropping a human being without harming them, being capable of killing a horse out right.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Aluminum is actually a great conductor. It is not magnetic, but because it is such a great conductor, magnetic forces can be induced in it quite easily...say if it's in a coil and a current is passed though it, or even if you have a rare earth magnet and an aluminum pipe....if you drop the magnet down the pipe it will fall in slow motion (works better with copper...which is also non-magnetic btw) This is because the moving magnetic field induces little eddy currents in the conductive material. These little eddies are sort of like tiny electromagnetic coils.....the magnetism induced by this will cause a magnetic field which opposes the one of the falling magnet. Look up Magnet falling in slow motion, or magnet falling in copper tube on YouTube to see the effect in action. (if you can't find a good video write me back, and I'm sure I can find a link for you)

<< 1  2   >>

join