It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

canceled episodes of conspiracy theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
with the multiple talks i have been hearing about the FEMA camp episode of conspiracy theory being taken down, there is something i have been interested in, everyone i talk to about this says that it is some sort of publicity stunt. i wonder if anyone thinks that it is a publicity stunt or if they were pressured to do this.
i personaly think that they had no choice

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I tend to agree with you. I don't see the logic of this being a publicity stunt. How would censoring his shows promote more viewers?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WhateverHappens

i dont see how you can increase views if you never put it back up.
the only one i can see somewhat benifiting is increaseing the popularity of jesse ventura fro mthe youtube episodes and i do not think he would do that

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
so is there any trith to the rumor that the show is not coming back for another season? Even though the show is hugely popular Also has anybody heard the reports of episodes being erased from people's DVR's?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Police state was deleted from my dvr. I have all the other shows still there.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by drwolf

I didn;t even know it was possible for comcast or whoever to do that. Is that not in some way against the law?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

Jesse Ventura has told Alex Jones that DHS - Dep't. of Homeland Security pressured Tru-TV into pulling the episode. His son Tyrel Ventura verified this last week on Alex's radio program.

There are multiple reports of that episode being remotely deleted from cable subscriber's DVR's too! How do they DO that?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SANDPIPER

Jesse Ventura has told Alex Jones that DHS - Dep't. of Homeland Security pressured Tru-TV into pulling the episode. His son Tyrel Ventura verified this last week on Alex's radio program.

There are multiple reports of that episode being remotely deleted from cable subscriber's DVR's too! How do they DO that?

As drwolf just said..."Police state was deleted from my dvr. I have all the other shows still there"
Scary stuff.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The Corporate Head Honchos were pressured to not show a few episodes, including the FEMA camp one, as well as 2 others. With the exception of the DVD release (which I bet won't ever be available), we'll never be able to see those episodes again. Even Comcast On Demand had all episodes and then there was no FEMA Camp episode and now, none are on On Demand.

I think the Government really did pressure them to the point where it got more of a "hassle" to keep the show going then it was to just stop. So now that the Season is over I don't think we'll see another season, unless it is severely watered down.

On a side note here...a different show, and no thread derailing is meant, but one show I'm surprised about is Brad Meltzer's Decoded. Although Brad's team is a bunch of idiots because they're just so clueless in many conspiracy theories. Brad could have done SO MUCH better in picking his "team." Hell, some people here on ATS including me would have been better than the team he currently has. Brad himself is very knowledgeable about some things, but you can also see in places he should delve deeper and for whatever reasons, mostly pressure, he doesn't delve any deeper. Sadly.

I hope we do see another season of Conspiracy Theory. That's why it's VERY important for everyone who reads this to write the Company, to Jesse, etc. and tell them you'd like to see the show again and not to bow to Government pressure. It's something that needs to be seen by the public.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by drwolf

And the point of this would be? Everything gets released onto the internet these days and deleting crap from people's dvr (if even possible) would be a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. I'm afraid I would have to see more proof of this personally besides a couple of people's word. Not that it probably isn't possible, so are aliens and I ain't seen one of those yet either. As to why Jones&Co would whine about shows being canceled, well I would imagine in their deluded little heads it would be a small sacrifice in order to further their own so called credibility. The fact someone from their own little band of merry men backed up the claim, well c'mon.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
From Wikipedia:

'Police State' criticismShortly after the season two episode "Police State" aired, Tennessee representative Steve Cohen called for the removal of this program from truTV's lineup. He called the episode "outrageous distortion and an outright lie," as well as "dangerous and irresponsible." He stated "when the media purposely distort the facts to create confusion and mislead people, they must be held accountable. Unless we actively debunk false and misleading reports, we risk leaving the public with a dangerously skewed vision of this country." Cohen said he was "shocked and appalled" that Time Warner would air a program "so full of inaccuracies and irresponsible distortions." [8]

On January 5, 2011, radio host Alex Jones reported that Direct TV, TiVO, Comcast and AT&T customers specifically had various episodes of Conspiracy Theory, namely the "Police State" episode and several others from the show, disappear off their DVR memories after a system update, with no other programs seemingly affected.[12

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Endure
From Wikipedia:

'Police State' criticismShortly after the season two episode "Police State" aired....... [8]

The reference for this wiki entry is a dead end and unverifiable.

On January 5, 2011, radio host Alex Jones reported that....

According to Alex Jones and PrisonPlanet, the same folk saying the shows were pulled. Hardly a legitimate form of verification.
edit on 12-2-2011 by quackers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I have a copy of "Police State" that I downloaded before it was deleted. Anyone want? Where do you think would be a good place to upload it (other than YT?)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

I was going to bring up the brad meltzer thing to. But I have a sliughtly different take on it. I agree his team is sub par at best. What I don;t understand about that is he does moderating and it seems like he knows more already then the team does and its like a little adventure for them even though I know all the secrets. It is just a wierd set up to me. Why is he not with them. Is he to good to be with them or soemthing?

And it almlost seems like decoded is supposed to take the place of conspiracy theory. It's like a watered down version of conspiracy thoery. The one example I have is the secret societies episode throughout the whole thing it seemed like they were trying to justify the people meeting at bohemian grove. We want the richest people around meeting secretly its good that they get together and talk.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

You can still download it over at TPB. It's been there since November and will stay available as long as there's interest for it. If folk are so worried about it disappearing up the anus of HLS they should go hop on and seed it.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers

Originally posted by Endure
From Wikipedia:

'Police State' criticismShortly after the season two episode "Police State" aired....... [8]

The reference for this wiki entry is a dead end and unverifiable.

On January 5, 2011, radio host Alex Jones reported that....

According to Alex Jones and PrisonPlanet, the same folk saying the shows were pulled. Hardly a legitimate form of verification.
edit on 12-2-2011 by quackers because: (no reason given)

Get off your high horse man, I was just trying to provide info on the topic as I did not know the answers so i looked and found this.. Geez some people are just amazing.

There is a difference between proof/verification and information. I was just passing on info I found not trying to solve some grand conspiracy.
edit on 12-2-2011 by Endure because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Endure

What good is that information without sources? None. It's just chinese whispers. I'm not on a high horse my friend. I think the spokeswoman from Turner summed Ventura's show up quite nicely;

an entertainment program that appears on an entertainment network

And there you have it. To be honest, with the terrible scripted ham acting and over dramatization they'd be doing people a favour deleting it from their pvrs.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

Oh I totally agree. It is so cheesy that it was painful to watch at times. I think it did serve a purpose though. It likely opened some peoples eyes to some things they never heard of and started them doing some real research.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

i tried to upload it on my youtube but it got taken down do to the length so i am working around it

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SANDPIPER

there was some video with alex jones telling how they could do i. ill try to find it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join