It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann ignores slavery in African-American history again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Here she goes again! Check out the link for the full story.

Black History Month was made for people like Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN).

However, it increasingly looks as though the tea party heroine not only never paid attention to African-American history but seeks to re-write it in her own image.

"Other than Native Americans who were here, all of us have the same story," Bachmann told the National Press Club at a "Tea Party Express Forum" Tuesday.

She went on to insist that all Americans are descendants of "a risk-taker from their home country, doesn't matter what the country is, but they took a risk, and they came here."

www.rawstory.com...

I doubt that Michele Bachmann was the person responsible for this movement towards total denial that slavery ever existed but she seems more than willing to pick up that ball and "run" with it. Apparently, people like Bachmann believe that they can just write slavery out of American history so that at some point, they can deny it ever happened. This woman is just unbelievable and her supporters who either ignore or condone her shortcomings are no better.

From the re-writing of our children's history text books, eliminating the term "slave trade" and replacing it with "triangle trade," to the re-writing of Mark Twain's novels, to the total re-writing of American history where our founding fathers actually lived to see the slaves freed. What the hell is going on? Don't her supporters realize that they are endorsing a person who couldn't pass a 8th grade history test? Maybe this explains why Sarah Palin seems to enjoy the same circle of friends.

Apparently, some people are so intellectually lazy that they would rather devote their time to watching American Idol or Dancing with The Stars than to spend one second educating themselves, even with the internet at their fingertips they literally choose to remain ignorant. Instead of finding out the truth for themselves, they just select a mouthpiece (preferably a pretty one) who says things they like to hear, and then they blindly accept anything they have to say as gospel. I guess this is because of the fact that it saves them enough time to take in another reality show.

edit on 12-2-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
There is no denial that slavery didn't happen here, quite the opposite, we are reminded of it every damn day. It's the whole reason certain groups exist and extort money from others............ie reparations on their terms for something that didnt happen to them. Cry me a river, it will never be forgotten as long as professional victims manipulate people with misplaced white guilt and political correctness.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'm sure all those slaves were fighting for place on the ship.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Ever heard of white slavery?

www.youtube.com...

Here is more proof of white slavery, that has been buried to keep racism alive.

americancivilwar.com...

So, when people begin spouting off about other people ignoring black history month, ask yourself why it's okay to ignore the pains of white slavery. Fact is, every race has been enslaved at one time or another. The real history is being buried to hide the fact that it is a class division, not race, that keeps people enslaved.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Maybe not, but I'm sure that the black slave sellers were happily pushing them aboard. That part is never mentioned, I wonder why? Sure slavery was terrible, but it's been over a long time, and no one alive today was there. I guess if a particular group needs a crutch, it's o.k. for them, but it seems to me to be a stupid way to define yourself, or your own self worth.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Really?

Because she did not include talking about slaves, she is ignoring it?
So by that rational, if I do not include Nazi's while talking about evil, then I am ignoring what happened during WWII?

Somewhere, somehow the logic has gone down the crapper.

edit on 12-2-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
my question is how many today are directly descended from Africans anymore.. remember how many ethnicity name changes there have been?. they wanted to be called negro. then it was black.. and now African American maybe that order is wrong.

im against slavery first off.. if history serves, unless its the dem history im recalling. like another stated, Africans in power sold their brethren out, and i think these slaves had a place to sleep and food and such, they just had to work the fields... some might see that as harsh.. or you could look at it as, they got away from the drought and the everyday threat of being impaled by a rhino or eaten by lions etc.

again, not that slavery is right. whats wrong is using slavery against a generation that has had NOTHING to do with it by now

new topics

top topics

join