It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone noticed the increase in the page size today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Seems as if someone has hit the zoom button on ATS today. At first login of the day, some two hours ago or thereabouts, everything was normal, and all the information on the page, fit width wise within the confines of the screen. But having just logged back in after a few minuites absence, I find that the screen which had previously displayed the whole width of the page, is now not up to the task of containing the page. Using the ATS toolbar as a measure, previously every option from 'Home' to 'Log In/Out' was visible. Now, the toolbar can only be seen as far as the chat button, and even then only half of that button is visible, without scrolling over to see the rest of the page.
Has there been some change at point of origin, which might explain this? I know I havent changed anything on my computer which might explain the increase in display size.
Any thoughts ? Am I alone in this expirience?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Good morning.

My page size is still the same as yesterday.

No problem here.

Hope you get it figured out.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

It happens to me occasionaly..
I just hit refresh or MyATS and it goes back to normal..

No idea why it does it..

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
?? I have had this happen and not just here, but always just assumed that I must have had the "ctrl" key depressed while I had used the scroll wheel on my mouse.
edit on 12/2/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hold down CTRL and wheel your mouse wheel up and down, it zooms in / out of the page, I reckon thats your problem. (or just look for zoom in your browsers menus)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Sounds like a java script error to me, or a page draw buffer overfow. In Firefox this can be user set to prevent this, I'm sure just a little research could find out just how. I run Fedora Linux and Firefox, and it has happened to me only one time. I had bad browser behavior, and will not put up with it on my machine. Here is a good page of instruction on configuration tricks in Firefox: Firefox Tweaks

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I was having this and more happen in Firefox, and when I updated the Flash plug in, it went away. Now, I don't know if this was just a coincidence or if ATS even uses Flash on its pages, but it seems to have made a difference.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Try pressing Ctrl + 0, it resets your zoom settings for the specific page you're on

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Thank you woogleuk, and to everyone who posted in reply to this thread. I have solved the problem, and as woogleuk suggested, it was the zoom function I needed to look at. Its strange that it changed all by itself, but the recommended fix worked a treat.
Once again, thanks to all of you!

new topics

top topics

join