It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herbal Medicine Wil Be Banned From April in the EU

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Herbal Medicine Wil Be Banned From April in the EU

www.pranapositive.com

In April 2011, European legislation which has already been PASSED will come into force which will effectively mean that ALL Herbal medicines will disappear from the UK. No Ayurvedic (Indian) herbs, no Chinese herbs, no Western herbs, no Tibetan herbs, NO MEDICINAL HERBS WHATSOEVER. You will only have access to treatments which are Pharmaceutical Drugs based in order to treat your own and your families ailments. No access to ANY MEDICINAL HERBS.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nimh.org.uk
en-gb.facebook.com

edit on 12-2-2011 by kalenga because: duplicate link

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I saw a new story on the BBC just there and was appalled to hear that only 50 herbal remedies will be available to buy after April in the EU. All the alternative medicines I buy will be banned and they have caused me no side effects, only benefits.
This is totally new to me and alarms me as the only alternative is pharmaceutical drugs. Is the growing realisation that herbal remedies work affecting the big companies who are loosing money as popularity using herbal remedies sours?
In my opinion this will lead to more black market sales via the net and the regulations porporting to protect consumers will result in more deaths as people will buy from doubious sources.
This will mean anyone who could walk into Holland and Barrett (A well known herbal remedy shop in the UK) will be limited to 50 herbal remedies?
All these companies will go to the wall with this latest legislation.
Big Brother is certainly controlling our lives?

www.pranapositive.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
black market anyone? this is just interesting.. i wanna know how many of their pharmaceuticals are derived from many of the herbal remedies they will ban.

bet they want the fillers in there too. what good is medicine if you take it and dont need more? thats their view

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
whats funny is that each member state can choose if they want to comply with EU "laws" or not ,

the herb shops will still be around , trust me , and if the britts can sell "drugs" as bath salts whats gonna stop them from selling medical herbs just as herbs or as novelty items,

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
i also saw this on the BBC and i honestly cannot tell you how angry i got!

I personally do not use herbal remedies but i love natural treatments rather than the big pharma crap. And what's worse, i mentioned this to my dad and he said what does it matter, we don't use them. Clearly he can't see what is happening here, it's like the quote....

"First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me."

only there taking away things that may not affect you now, but it's a small stepping stone towards something that will affect you. Big time!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Just buy them online...

Simples!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenerationXisMarching
i wanna know how many of their pharmaceuticals are derived from many of the herbal remedies they will ban.

Exactly, not sure about the story, but the medicine industry know all medicines are out there in the wild to cure all, and this just stinks. They keep so much info away from people.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalenga
All the alternative medicines I buy will be banned

Just think of the money you will save by not buying rubbish like so called "medicinal herbs"

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

You have your opinion but sorry if you ain't had relief from ailments by using herbal remedies then you won't know how catastrophic this news is to alternative therapy users?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

Very good analogy BarmyBill! This is the first step in a Big Brother schedule to run our health issues now.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I wrote a thread about this in September 2010. This is the first article to confirm it since...

Codex Alimentarius... it begins next april fools day.

The best thing about herbs is that they usually grow in your backyard.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

this is not true. this rumors are based on Dr. Rima Laibows's lies.

Codex Truth

use a translator or keep on believing this conspiracy nonsense.

Herbal Medicine is NOT affected in any ways!!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
this is so wrong since im a firm believer in herbals ...

wtf is wrong with them.. , i guess its a vain attempt to hide real cures and make more money for the drug companys

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Herbal remedies, Ayurvedic medicines are the oldest forms of healing known to man
This is not just banning herbal remedies, it's banning hundreds of centuries of ancient culture

It is not the role of govt. to tell you how to heal yourself, it's the role of a doctor to try and convince you how you should heal yourself and it's your role to do your homework.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

But without my Milkthistle I'll have hangovers, surely to goodness the govt cares more about my well being than to condemn me to that??

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Pfffth.. And a two-finger salute to the idiots who made that law.
Stupid westerners thinking their "modern" medicine with its short history and numerous negative side effects is more effective than TCM (traditional chinese medicine) which has over 5000 years of documentation behind it and doesnt have the negative effects.. Damn glad am not in the west wouldnt be able to work due to such idiotic laws.. Lmao you can bet that in the china towns in western countries it will be ignored.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
Just buy them online...

Simples!!!

Not quite that simple in TCM (traditional chinese medicine) as treatment is tailored to the patient after a thorough exam by physician. To attempt to do so without proper examination would be disastrous and possibly even fatal. Its not like western medicine with its "one size fits all" approach.. Also the herbs used must be properly measured and mixed prior to being administered. Takes years of study to become a practicioner of TCM. Thus not viable to just "buy online"

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Here is the news link to the BBC website that I just found has been added that I saw this morning to alert me to this problem:

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalenga
This is totally new to me and alarms me as the only alternative is pharmaceutical drugs.

And so it should.

Pharmaceuticals are specifically designed to make you sick in the future. Every business wants their customers to keep coming back - there is no exception.

What they give you as "medicine" is actually poison. And they even rub it in our faces:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a83e7d37e1f.jpg[/atsimg]

I have heard that the official explanation for this bizarre logo is "combatting one toxin with another".

Gee. Really healthy, hey...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I read somewhere that this will affect the U.S. because of some kind of EU dominion or what not, I forgot where I read it, but is this true?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join