It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best UFO Sighting App Ever!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The app I’m working on is quite different (an automated camera-control program for PCs to go for high-parallax, zoomed, 3D video of daylight discs), but for the suggested phone app I’d want to see it one-touch, where one press of a button on the phone starts photography and notifies a Web site that will in turn buzz users in the area in order to perhaps get additional witnesses, who may also photograph whatever is up there. As with my system, anyone, with our without said phone app, who is able to photograph what is obviously an otherworldly craft should file FOIA requests for U.S. Weather Bureau and FAA radar data (NORAD is exempt from the FOIA). With a good sighting and photos, even without other witnesses, once you have such radar data, MUFON would likely be willing to get it analyzed for you, as they did in the Stephanville case. Anyway, if faced with a very clear, unmistakable sighting, not many people would even reach into a car for a camera, let alone perform menu operations on cell phone or anything else that would interrupt gawking at the object.

I looked at the site and the video for UFO Connect and found no information on what a user would have to do during a sighting, but if it were one-touch as I described above, you can bet they would be figuratively shouting that from the rooftops. One ATS member said he was working on something like that, but I don't know the current status of his project.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

It is certainly easier said then done. The UFO Connect app is only meant to be a early warning system for people within the vicinity. If you are choosing to really make a true analytical app you better have very good programmers. This stuff is not easy as some may say. Our coding ran for more than 40 pages just for the Skywatch Alert function. We have been posting our updates and sighting reports on our facebook. It works really well.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MorganFloridaMUFON

Well, what I mentioned is a bit different. Subscribers to the service would have to have phones with GPS capability. The app on the phone would merely contact a dedicated (presumably MUFON) site and send it the GPS data in response to the simplest possible operation of that phone or the mere act of taking a picture. The code on the site would just be to check which grid square the GPS data fell into then buzz every subscriber listed for that grid square.

I don't do programming for cell phones, so I don't know, but if the app can be set up so that in order for the owner to take non-UFO pictures with the phone he/she would have to temporarily turn off a particular setting of the UFO app, such that otherwise the UFO app would automatically notify that UFO Web site whenever the user took the first picture, I think that might be ideal. So the only extra effort is taken not during a UFO sighting, and during a sighting others in the area get timely notification. And after the owner takes some non-UFO pictures, after a certain amount of time with no further photography the setting automatically returns to notification in response to photography.

And in that case, MUFON might end up with multiple witnesses and photographs from multiple locations of the same object, verifiable by the log of the site’s notification activity. That should be worthy of submitting an FOIA request for U.S. Weather Bureau and FAA radar data for the time and area of the sighting in the hope of turning it into an ironclad case.

edit on 21-12-2012 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join