It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best UFO Sighting App Ever!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakeLeMaster
OP, I like a lot of the ideas for the options you've mentioned. But I think a good UFO app should start filming automatically when you open it. Usually when you have something like a UFO or any sort of anomaly, the most important factor is time and it's annoying having to press a bunch of buttons to finally get it to start recording. So, it should start filming by itself upon opening. Then while it's filming you could change the settings around based on distance, etc.

Great point.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hello,

I think it is a great idea. I am an app developer and I can write such an app in roughly three months of "night effort". I have four apps in the Android market.
But in order to actually do it, I need to know that people will use it. My past experience shows that it is extremely difficult to market apps. Very difficult.

The advantage here is that we could use ATS to draft the requirements, based upon the OPs idea.
Just my 2 cents.

Regards

arit

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDisciple

LOL - I'm seeing loads at the moment; could do with your app already!

2nd.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Loads? Of what, UFOs??

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Posting Video Links: Please read!
ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

Do not just post a link. Give a description and your thoughts on it!
edit on May 10th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Great idea, but like someone else mentioned, you'd need to get the camera/recording started as soon as possible. After answering the questions it may be too late to "get the shot". Also you would want built in things like ISS and satelitte tracking, etc., to quickly rule out normal events and as many false reports as possible...links to stellarium for example...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

If you make it to complicated the purpose of the app will drown in other functions. Once June rolls around I will be able to release more information about Project Bravo. You will be surprise but do keep the ideas and suggestions rolling.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Sorry for the epic failure to reply to your question... Been busy looking at other sections of ATS since posting in this thread last. To answer, yes, I've been seeing lots of UFOs recently. Most of the sightings took place around the time I made that post (and in the weeks leading up to it).. It's been nearly a couple of weeks now since I've seen any definite UFOs, but I had an inkling that one of the little sneakers was tootling around behind the line of the treetops near our home last night, wobbling slightly and shining its starlight brightly to blend in with the background (nice clear skies for a change!). I didn't stay too long to check it properly (though it's a great panoramic view from the kid's playroom), as to be honest - if they don't want to put on a show then I can't be bothered standing there watching them for ages!

I am unsure as to the reason we were seeing so many all of a sudden at the start of this year, but it began the week after the Jerusalem UFO incident, and continued unabated (literally dozens each night when I was looking up) for several weeks, and then gradually faded down to one or two a week for the last month or so.

My only guess is that they want to let us know that they are there. For what reason? I hope for good reasons. I don't get any sense of malevolence from them (usually I get a 'spiritual discernment' of people, places and events - these 2011 sightings - for me and the wife at least - seem to be benevolent, in the main...)

edit on 12-5-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

Yes, but this will put that decision in the hands of the witnesses who have this .......app. Meaning, go out and see it for yourself.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
In addition I think it would be cool to view other people's sightings calling in, for example, the MUFON recent sightings database as used at UFO Stalker...

www.ufostalker.com...

The user should also be able to fill out some personal details ahead of time so the report could hook into whatever APIs MUFON and NUFORC use in their reporting forms, perhaps sending them a couple of stills, too.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
When I first read your post, an idea that came to my mind was the ability for users to chat with each other about what they were seeing. Such a feature may serve to quickly debunk aircraft and balloons.

Anyways, I thought this might help you out, software engineers love things like this:

UFO Application Requirements Document

1. User must be able to quickly open application (nonfunctional)
  2. User must be able to "Report current sighting"
  3. User must be able to input data about the current sighting being reported
    • Altitude
    • Direction
    • Type

4. Application must provide overlay on camera
  5. User must be able to record video/pictures of sighting
  6. Application must receive notifications about sightings in the area with information such as distance, altitude, direction, and type
  7. User must be able to upload pictures/video/information to websites
  8. Application must provide information on video tips, etc
  9. Users must be able to report hoax sightings

Feel more than free to modify this list, add additional details, what have you.

edit on 19-5-2011 by renegadeS because: Added information.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by renegadeS

Very good suggestions. Most have already been addressed some occur automatically with today's cell technology. Do you guys have more suggestions of what you would like to see.

edit on 11-6-2011 by MorganFloridaMUFON because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

It's already a work in progress.
For more check out the "Distributed UFO Mobile Detection, Analysis, Identification and Reporting Platform."
edit on 11-6-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by renegadeS

Here is a small update but please do keep your suggestions coming. I will open a new thread soon about the UFO Connect app. If I am allowed. I really want this to be everyones' app. Made by UFO field investigators for everyone to use.

www.youtube.com...

PS: YOUR forum youtube embed option is not working correctly.

edit on 4-9-2011 by MorganFloridaMUFON because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Oh here are the social and web links to watch the app develop.

www.ufoconnect.com

Facebook Page = www.facebook.com...

Twitter = twitter.com/#!/ufo_connect

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hey, I just wanted to jump in and say I have developed a App called "UFO tracker" for iOS. (iPhone/iPAD).

It is currently under review but should be released this weekend / start of next week.

In the current format you can read up on information, submit reports and see current activity levels based on global regions such as North America, Europe and Asia (all 3 available for everyone).

The long term goal of the app is to move everything over to our own servers, and add some cool functionality such as:

*Augmented reality to filter away known celestial objects
*submit your own photos / videos.
*locate friends and display them on the map
*real time activity reports and alerts
*Plan and organize excursions/trips to areas of interest
*automated report classification

If we manage to ship a couple of these apps the money goes straight to server rent to beef up the capabilities even more.

I am also looking at a ban system that bans people sending fraudulent reports.

Comments or requests please let me know

Thanks

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Brutus2KK

If it is not a free app, don't waste your time. I know I know, you put work into it and you want to keep all the reported information for future reasons (all above the board, I'm sure...cough cough.....)

But the simple fact is, unless it is 100% to download and use, most people who are not ufo nuts and actually see something worthwhile will skip your app and use the billions of other ways they can report it, or hell even join a board like this and report it.

Either way, free or forget it. Yeah, being free means you will get more crap reports too, I already know that and have a way around that for you that I can't believe anybody hasn't thought off. I approach mufon about it and they told me it would limit reports, and they would rather have a high level of crap reports than less number of good reports becasue that draws them business.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Thanks for that will give the app a try, amazing things smart phones.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Well, if you tell me this system that would be good to hear.

Anyways this will be much more, it will be like a community focused news and activities app. But you are probably right about that it should be free, and I will probably go that way.

And the reports are not sent to "me" per say, they are sent to an archive that people can browse and search.

but thanks for the input

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Brutus2KK

I would disagree with all apps being free. Obviously some people have no idea how much time and money it takes to crest a good app. On average the more capable apps cost near 10 grand to be built, published and marketed. I bared witness to an app that cost near 20 grand to build. There is a real shortage on programers that can properly program apps for both android and apple IOS and most of them charge more than a 100 dollars an hour. That said......

We just updated the UFO Connect app. Its it great working order now. Check it out and let me know what you think.

itunes.apple.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join