It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have seen UFO's so I Believe...But what if the govenment really has no idea what they are????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Ok I like most people have seen satellites and other things..I lived on the Canadian border for a while so I've seen the Northern Lights (which are INCREDIBLE) But I have also seen umm I dont know what to call it except a UFO...what sucks is I had a Metro PCS phone and recorded it..well after lookin at what i was recording while I was recording for a minute i realized it was worthless because of video quality so I stopped and kept watchin an jogging down the street with friends because it was traveling quickly towards Fresno an the Central Valley so we wanted to keep visual on it between trees....I don't care if you don't believe me it was alot more involved than I'm portraying including MUFON so My question is If it's not our military and we obviously are not alone.... what can we do as a whole to say hey WTF WE"RE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I'm undecided if they are good or bad, so I myself won't be hollering out to them.

From all the conspiracies surrounding them, it gets really confusing.

If they are in contact with the Government(s), then in some countries, why aren't they saying to TPTB
"Hey, stop treating your people like s#!te, and feed/house them".

So if they do show up,
I will wait in the shadows to see if the common man will receive any benefit from them
or just be sprinkled with salt, pepper, and bbq sauce.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ArieZ

It's good that you don't care if i believe or not, as we are in the same boat and nothing will ever matter of ufo's or the like until one lands in central park NY and says hi to the people.
Until then this whole subject will be seen as distraction or crazy conspiracy theory material.
Personally i am on the side of distraction.
There are too many sightings and too much talk with nothing concrete.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I personally believe that it might be possible that the Governments of the world might not know who these extra terrestrials are, or even what they want. In most cases, especially in larger countries, a government is usually working behind the scenes doing something which is generally against what most people want. If this is true, and these beings are benevolent, then maybe they wouldnt expose themselves to the powers of the world.

Perhaps they are trying to do whatever it is that they want to do without the leaders of the governments of our planet.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
I'm undecided if they are good or bad, so I myself won't be hollering out to them.

From all the conspiracies surrounding them, it gets really confusing.

If they are in contact with the Government(s), then in some countries, why aren't they saying to TPTB
"Hey, stop treating your people like s#!te, and feed/house them".

So if they do show up,
I will wait in the shadows to see if the common man will receive any benefit from them
or just be sprinkled with salt, pepper, and bbq sauce.

WELL SAID! I think they're peaceful for the most part because if they can make it here then we're food regardless but if I knew a way to flag 1 down I'd try it (fingers crossed)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FattyTravy
I personally believe that it might be possible that the Governments of the world might not know who these extra terrestrials are, or even what they want. In most cases, especially in larger countries, a government is usually working behind the scenes doing something which is generally against what most people want. If this is true, and these beings are benevolent, then maybe they wouldnt expose themselves to the powers of the world.

Perhaps they are trying to do whatever it is that they want to do without the leaders of the governments of our planet.

Yeah that was kinda another thought I had...Because whatever we saw that night was soooooooooooooooooooo far ahead of our flight capability as popular science explains it that maybe we as a people cant communicate with them due to generation gap I guess I'd call it

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArieZ

Yeah that was kinda another thought I had...Because whatever we saw that night was soooooooooooooooooooo far ahead of our flight capability as popular science explains it that maybe we as a people cant communicate with them due to generation gap I guess I'd call it

I agree, we might not yet have the technology to communicate with them, and while some say that these beings themselves would have contacted someone by now, I dont think this is entirely true. They look down on us and see an advaced species which kills, rapes, and tortures itself. Maybe they think that we are going no where and dont want to bother with us beyond scientific reasons?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I don't care if you don't believe me

What exactly do you believe? That there are UFOs? Nobody who is even half intelligent would say UFOs don't exist, as they are simply an object in the sky that we are unable to identify.

Not knowing what something is doesn't mean it's aliens, though.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Thats just it ...Im Undecided on it as a whole......Because like I said it was a ufo but comparing its flight charecteristics to a military anything is like apples to oranges..If u asked me to put a bet Id say it/they were Alien Visitation Craft an I believe personally they've shaped humanity to where we are post Nagasaki..But they were here long ago possibly even pointing us in the right direction then...who knows

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I also believe and my son and myself saw around 6 ufo's in Dunedin, Fl about a month ago while surfing. What shocked us was that their where more than 1 type, one looked like a huge pipe twice as long a e jetliner it flew like an arrow then was at a 45% angle while still flying straight then it was completely sideways while still going straight and it stopped then went sideways into very thin clouds over Calidisi Island then disapered while we watched a little later it appeared right after seeing a disc disapere and 15 seconds later it diapered again. At this point it was hard to surf because we didn't want to miss another one. It is not the first time at this location that we have actually seen a craft disapere in broad daylight. also sons friend video taped a night sighting in Dunedin, FL on his Iphone which is real cool it's posted on utube. He's a believer now and has been looking to see more ever since our first sighting. I myself think it's military due to MacDill airforce base in Tampa. I myself have seen on 4 differant occasions in daylight of crafts disapering while watching which is freaky to say the least. I hope to see more now and have a video camera for my surfboard just for the next time. I've also seen lights that can't be explained, but that is it can't be explained which I told my son is why I don't like looking at night.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Thats just it ...Im Undecided on it as a whole......Because like I said it was a ufo but comparing its flight charecteristics to a military anything is like apples to oranges..If u asked me to put a bet Id say it/they were Alien Visitation Craft an I believe personally they've shaped humanity to where we are post Nagasaki..But they were here long ago possibly even pointing us in the right direction then...who knows

I think that they have been here even before recorded history

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
pointless

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FattyTravy

And I think there are flying unicorns that are spying on me.....

I have just about as much proof.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

It boils down to a simple matter of opinion, and in mine there have been visitors since before recorded history

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Two well known UFO sceptics that I recall from the top of my head who worked for the governments to try and investigate and debunk UFO's became turncoats. They concluded that UFO's are real and championed or are championing more investigations into proving the UFO phenomenon.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FattyTravy

Originally posted by James1982

It boils down to a simple matter of opinion, and in mine there have been visitors since before recorded history

That argument can be made for any ridiculous idea though. Such as "The earth was built by an armadillo army about twenty seven trillion years ago"

Not saying the idea of aliens coming to earth in the past is ridiculous, far from it. But an opinion based on nothing but imagination is next to worthless. That is my opinion at least

edit on 12-2-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I find that this is the only way to be able to know if they are "good or bad" since until now, about everything the mainstream media media does/says is against the interests of the common people.
In short, if official first contact is initiated and:
The mainstream media says they are bad&evil.
-truth: They are probably better than TPTB and should be given the benefit of the doubt.
The mainstream media says they are good&enlightened.
-truth: RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

IT--
edit on 12-2-2011 by edog11 because: fix'd smthin'

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

That argument can be made for any ridiculous idea though. Such as "The earth was built by an armadillo army about twenty seven trillion years ago"

Not saying the idea of aliens coming to earth in the past is ridiculous, far from it. But an opinion based on nothing but imagination is next to worthless. That is my opinion at least

edit on 12-2-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

You are right, and I agree, that argument I made for this can be used for almost anything.

But for this particular subject, its my opinion that aliens did in fact visit the Earth a very long time ago, I take all of the evidence and say that its true, others say it isnt.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

My question is If it's not our military and we obviously are not alone.... what can we do as a whole to say hey WTF WE"RE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

Well, first of all, your thread title poses an interesting and entirely seperate question, to the content of the thread. If the government has no idea what these things are, then they should do exactly the same thing they should do even if they know EXACTLY what they are. That is , allow total civilian access to all data, and facilities which monitor these UFO, to maximise the amount of intellects being expended on the situation.
For instance, if everyone on Earth had access , free and easy access to the facilities which monitor UFO, then that would potentialy increase the numbers of minds working on identifying these craft or objects by a factor of MILLIONS because millions of people are interested in them. Of those millions, there are probably hundreds of thousands of intellects here on Earth that have the capacity to figure new ways to attempt to communicate, new ways to attempt to search for , and new ways to interact with the phenomenon known as UFO.
Now, on to the question you pose in the content of your thread. As a group of people, from disperate nations , all we can do, is what we do right now. We keep our eyes on the skies and our cameras at the ready, we keep an open mind, and our shutter fingers steady, and we keep eachother informed of events. We pool our knowledge and we dont let idiots and zealot hippies with a peace and love agenda (like Steven Greer or any of that meditation as a communication tool BULL crap crowd) to ruin our ability to be objective and scientificaly accurate in our estimations, our reporting, and our ability to retrieve evidence. In terms of actualy communicating to aliens that we are here, and we know they are here too, thats not even necessary. Any race of aliens sufficiently smart to get to this planet, are probably going to be more than aware when they are being watched!

new topics

top topics

join