It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should I take

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
hello, Im just starting my survival plan, I work in a factory that makes food ingridients we have a lot of dried herbs and spices also we have dried milk, whey protien, powderd cheese, fructous, glucous , oats flour, salt,( sea salt and rock salt) sugar ( brown and white) dried onions, dried mushrooms, garlic powder, oninion powder, yeast, and a lot of others stuff, so I can get my hands on a lot of supplies but which the most practical to stock up on, I hope to be prepared for most situations that come about,

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
every thing you can get your hands on, you might have enough to barter later

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Well said lol. OP it seems like your work has alot lol, just bring a dufflebag and load it up!

I would load up on guns and ammunition, as well as medicines and herbs.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
i say it doesnt hurt to grab some of everything. you never know what you will need if a situation comes up!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Go for nutritional value to get the most out of your stock space. I'd grab a lot of that whey. you can have flavors when life goes back to normal...IF life goes back to normal.

look at any items nutrient list and go from there.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucifersjester

Little spice goes a long way, as someone above stated stock em all, they can be bartered for at a later date, and it takes a long while for most spice to go bad, hope that helps.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Oh and I also have the means to pack and seal every thing in plastic bags from 2 to 25 kilo capaicity, so i will be able to ration stuff to my friends and family ( the more I can help the better)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucifersjester

I guess when TSHTF, im going to your place.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Try this.

1. Katadyn Vario Microfilter - www.cheaperthandirt.com...

2. High Sierra Sentinel 65 Frame Pack -www.amazon.com...

3. Freeze Dried Food - store.honeyvillegrain.com...

4. Kindle Reading Device - www.amazon.com...

5. All the content you need for the "Kindle Reading Device" - www.stevespages.com...

6. Magnesium Fire Starter - www.cheaperthandirt.com...

7. Hennessy Hammock - hennessyhammock.com...

8. Flash Personal Cooking System - www.amazon.com...

9. U.S. Survival AR-7 - www.henryrepeating.com...

10. Ammo .22 Long Rifle CCI Sub-Sonic Hollow Point - www.cheaperthandirt.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NeillieN

Cheaper than dirt...I used to by cheap target ammunition from there. Thank you for posting that as I forgot all about it!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I have been living on a motorbike for a while, got my list at www.kwakakev.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I assume you mean "take" as in when shtf? Otherwise it is really called "theft" and you should be aware that this sort of behavior is the key element that has put mankind in this position.

Think about the future in a better capacity, learn how to derive your Daily Nutritional Needs without taking from someone else. There are so many avenues of survival but the ones that come out of this by sharing and providing will be a far better fabric to work with in rebuilding a better tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Im not stealing from where I work I pay for what I take ( its real cheap) I have morals and honor my friend

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Salt would be the longest lasting, highest value per unit commodity of all the things you've mentioned.
Herbs don't typically store as well long term as salt, but you'll need a dessicant to keep moisture at bay.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
I have been living on a motorbike for a while, got my list at www.kwakakev.com...

Hi Kawakakev

I was just looking over your site and see that you're really limited for space. Was wondering if you'd seen these before and whether the jungle hammock type might be useful for you instead of mattress, tents and poles. I was thinking about getting one myself.

www.mosquitohammock.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeillieN
Try this.

1. Katadyn Vario Microfilter - www.cheaperthandirt.com...

2. High Sierra Sentinel 65 Frame Pack -www.amazon.com...

3. Freeze Dried Food - store.honeyvillegrain.com...

4. Kindle Reading Device - www.amazon.com...

5. All the content you need for the "Kindle Reading Device" - www.stevespages.com...

6. Magnesium Fire Starter - www.cheaperthandirt.com...

7. Hennessy Hammock - hennessyhammock.com...

8. Flash Personal Cooking System - www.amazon.com...

9. U.S. Survival AR-7 - www.henryrepeating.com...

10. Ammo .22 Long Rifle CCI Sub-Sonic Hollow Point - www.cheaperthandirt.com...

once again

top topics

join