It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things to stock up on

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
bullion cubes
grenades, lots of grenades

Don't forget the bazookas. Those tanks will probably be a real hassle in any aftermath.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Hemp plants. They are durable, grow like a weed, provide alternative to buying cotton clothing and can also be used medicinally, although I recommend water, exercise, the outdoors and vegetables as the easiest way to feel better.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Tylenol, motrin, aspirin, antibiotics, neosporin, water, water filters, water sanitizing pills from army surplus stores, batteries, rope

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

that's what grenade sticky bombs are for

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Try this.

1. Katadyn Vario Microfilter - www.cheaperthandirt.com...

2. High Sierra Sentinel 65 Frame Pack -www.amazon.com...

3. Freeze Dried Food - store.honeyvillegrain.com...

4. Kindle Reading Device - www.amazon.com...

5. All the content you need for the "Kindle Reading Device" - www.stevespages.com...

6. Magnesium Fire Starter - www.cheaperthandirt.com...

7. Hennessy Hammock - hennessyhammock.com...

8. Flash Personal Cooking System - www.amazon.com...

9. U.S. Survival AR-7 - www.henryrepeating.com...

10. Ammo .22 Long Rifle CCI Sub-Sonic Hollow Point - www.cheaperthandirt.com...
edit on 12-2-2011 by NeillieN because: Broken Link

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Antibiotics , pain killers , disinfectant , medical/first aid kits , water purification , extra prescription glasses if required , a supply of prescription meds other than antibiotics and pain killers for anyone who requires them . Tampons , pads and QuikClot . Dental kit and venom extraction kit . A suture kit . Space bags and blankets . Fire starter . Cooking kit . Parachute cord and duct tape . Short wave radio . LED flashlights . Good gloves . High top work/hiking boots/waterproof . Snare wire . Compass/GPS and topo maps . Heavy trash bags . Candles . A girl . Jumpsuit/coveralls . Some whisky in 12 ounce plastic bottles . Fishing gear . Book/edible plants . Garden trowel or small shovel . Collapsable/folding wood saw . 1 pocket knife , 1 hunting knife . Small notebook and pens . Slingshot and marbles/quiet . Bug dope . Sun screen . A girl . Toiletries/tooth paste/brush/anti-perspirant/soap/comb/hairbrush/shaving gear . A girl . Signal device/mirror/smoke/flare . Tent/sleeping bag/pad . Rain gear . Bandanas . 1-3 day pack , 1 expedition pack . Canteen and fold up 3 gallon plastic water bag . Kool Aid for the purified water . Surgical gloves . Anything that says tactical on it . A girl . Book/Ditch Medicine . Thong undies with a girl in them . 2 girls/one for trade . Tobasco sauce for road kill . Small binocs . Multitool . Chemical light sticks . LED headlamp . Cook/dishwasher/tent heater-female . Treat her nice , she never carries more than 60% of the gear . Feed her well as she'll need the energy to haul gear/cook/dishwash and heat the tent . No such things as being too nice . Give her extra food if she hauls the firewood . She'll appreciate it , all women do . 18 cwt. fairly heavy long gold neck chain . SHTF every link is money . Forget the firepower , you won't survive 1 - 200 round gunfight on your own . A .22 rifle and a brick of 500 rounds of ammo . Mice to moose with one gun . I've taken 13 whitetails with a .22 bolt gun and with CB's it's quieter than a suppressor . A reliable pistol and 50 rounds of hollow point ammo . Small backpack alcohol stove . Any altitude any temperature and alcohol burns , but you have to carry the bottles of alcohol so it may not be worth it . If you aren't traveling cross country , it's worth it . Book/Sex For One , in case your girl gets fed up hauling everything and decides to make you suffer . All i can think of for now . Good luck .

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
ok so this is what I have rationed so far any advice is appreciated..(keep in mind no wife or family or kids at this moment...Orphan 30 yrs old) I have 2 in line Water Filters capable of 1000000 gallons each.. sterile water bladders about $500 in rice an noodles a survival book with my own fishing gear and clothes i Have left over from livin in couer'd alene..which means I'm polar ready...salt and spices...100lbs copper wire and a couple neodyium magnets, 2 general motors alterenators....(if you know the last three then you know what Im talking about)...Bicycles also canners, crossbow, flint, magnesium steel knives an mosquito nets/clothes..Also Instead of tents I opted for Hammocks that are mosquito tents in case of standing water....and binoculars for spotting..and dont recommend a gun because obvious reasons if you do your homework

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I hope "the girl" doesn't forget the "ky"

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ArieZ

can you please provide me with a little info or where to get it?
reference: copper wire, magnets and gm alternators.

i know its a good one that i must learn about, just a hunch..haha

thank you..

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I would never have thought of stock piling flowers, would that be dried flowers? as fresh ones wouldn't keep very long.
But a splash of colour would be good for morale.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Caching food is always a better idea than leaving it out in the open in your home.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I've noticed lately that the best before dates on some stuff is getting closer and closer. What I mean is that when I go to the store I always look at the can on the shelf and I pick the ones with the furthest away best before date. It used to be that you could find canned goods with 1 year away dates, lately all I've found is dates that are 2-3 months away and vitamins the other day at Costco I noticed the best I could find was 1 month. Anyone else notice this or is it just more a regional issue>

Also what to stockpile depends on if your primarily planning on taking off or bunkering down in your home.

Toilet paper is one to make sure you have as it has a multitude of uses.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
waterproof matches
tent
warm clothing and thermo gloves
maps
seeds
fresh underwear, socks ( very important so ive learned, during WWI the condition trench foot was introduced. having to wear boots and wet socks, without letting air get at yuor fet brought gang green infections) especially bran new DRY socks.
small assortment of stainless steel pots and pans. stay clear of that dupont laced stuff..it will cause cause cancer as it eventully gets scraped and flakes off the pots and pans.
first aid book, so you know how to make a proper dressing for a wound,stitching, or how ot dress and suspend a broken arm or leg
ide recoomend a red lens for a flashlight..even cheap red seran wrap will do. much harder to detect the color red at night, but jsut enough so you can see in front of you. Also hard for intruders to detect you, as opposed to a yellow ro white beam of light lighting the surrounding area up like an xmas tree
myabe a small infaltbale raft or boat..small axe, too dig a tree trunk out to make a boat.
machete

yup, a machete would be a tool i would definitely have a few of as well as as other knives

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JDBlack

And if you don't have electricity to cook??? You forgot candles/matches... bottled water... canned goods (sardines in oil, crackers, canned beans and pumpkin...) Pumpkin? Yes, pumpkin. It's about the healthiest canned vegetable there is and it's anti-inflammatory. Things you should consider if survival becomes a long-term situation.

Nutrition Facts...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by ArieZ

can you please provide me with a little info or where to get it?
reference: copper wire, magnets and gm alternators.

i know its a good one that i must learn about, just a hunch..haha

thank you..

youtube Alternator generators or neodymium generators and that will give you a idea where to start also a Fresnel Lens Can Be EXTREMELY HELPFUL!! you can buy alternators for cheap at any auto store the wire can easily be purchased as Romex wire at home depot..and the Magnets take a little hunting on the web but you can buy super magnets online 1 per Household...Be extremely careful with the Magnets because when the say Super they mean super dangerous!!!!..oh yeah and Deep Cycle car or boat batterys are awesome for holding a charge and take solar/alternator charges extremely well but use the thickest gauge of wire you can find because the resistance is where you'll lose a great deal of your daily charge..less resistance/Ohms you have the longer you'll have power.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Don't forget trade goods:

22 Long Rifle ammo
razor blades
wooden matches
candles - keep the Alladdin Lamp for yourself

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
For fire matches and the like will last you if your planning on being in your home but if you have to go mobile a magnesium stick is the way to go. One side magnesium and the other flint to spark it. Get a couple and they should last you a while. Also items for barter like cigs and coffee and TP will come in handy.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
For fire matches and the like will last you if your planning on being in your home but if you have to go mobile a magnesium stick is the way to go. One side magnesium and the other flint to spark it. Get a couple and they should last you a while. Also items for barter like cigs and coffee and TP will come in handy.

Magnesium deff handy if travelling and need ta start a fire at night..but if your travelling during the day or stationary a good magnifying glass like a small fresnel lens is priceless! also a great weapon if need be...they will start fires under any condition except darkness and if your coals went out an your trying to start a fire at night at base camp then resort to magnesium..also Fresnel Lens can boil water instantly and smelt metals if needed

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

Hi! You can mix chopped sqirrel or canned chicken in with Ryamen noodle soup. Raw eggs dropped in while it's boiling (think egg drop soup), cut up onions, etc... make it a healthier simple meal.
Everyone should watch one of those u tube videos on how to clean a squirrel. I did that last week. I always thought they were cute and would be a problem to eat. By the time they are cleaned and cooked they looked more like chicken.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bandito

Nice list. I think all you left out was a couple cigars and a aromatherapy candle.

Seriously, It's really been on my mine to start a cache. Oh - I think I would also add a pump action shotgun - I'm not that good of a shot yet.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join