It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you say you want a revolution?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Good point. But no matter what we call it I still think the change can't happen until we as a people can unite and see past partisan politics.

That was kinda the point...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I feel like the entire point of the post was missed by 90% of everyone here.

I was trying to lay out what I felt needed to happen before any sweeping change could happen. I call it rebellion / revolution because it would essentially require the current government to be nearly wholly replaced with a constitutional government that operates solely for the people and not for itself.

A: The vast majority of the people would need to see past partisan politics and unite towards a common goal.

B: The current system would need to fail once this has happened.

C: The people would need to be so angry about the system failing through corruption that a full scale call for "Reformation" would be demanded and the government replaced by one of and for the people. Essentially pushing the rest button on the government and starting again from the wisdom of the founding fathers. And maybe this time we won't let things spiral out of control. (This is a form of rebellion)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i get your thought , your meaning , the problem is our current GOV is just to big to have a Egyptian type revolt /protest we think we do but we do not have the right any more to protest in that manner, yes we have the right to assemble but to call for the stepping down of the US GOV as a hole no that would not be allowed. Local state and federal authority's would step in. and make it stop. Does our GOV need a wake up call you bet. the only way i can see it happen is to have a write in candidate were every one puts the same name on the ballots but there is one problem for this , it is all electronic now so you the voter would need to go and get a Candidate and have him on the ticket, now we all know this is very unlikely for it is still a two party system, yes there is hope Ron Paul is one but then would he really back the people. yes the Tea Party did win in some ways but it is still a small amount .

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Governments fear revolutions because they know how contagious they can be.

Here in the U.S., we live in a huge illusion of freedom and righteousness. Government is not here to help anyone, it's function is to control. Because there is no real respect for the people, they do as they please. We all see and feel it getting worse by the minute. Almost every facet beyond local politics is completely corrupt. Nothing in MSM is legit, it's part of the control mechanism, it's selective and coordinated and you might be more than shocked by what is NOT reported on.

Communication and organization is step ONE. That's why you're seeing a slow but very deliberate progression to controlling the internet, not that they can't already flip a switch or manipulate what they want, but to make it LEGAL seems to be important. A great example of it recently is how Obama condemns Egypt for cutting communications and that very day had legislation on his desk to do it here.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
i get your thought , your meaning , the problem is our current GOV is just to big to have a Egyptian type revolt /protest we think we do but we do not have the right any more to protest in that manner, yes we have the right to assemble but to call for the stepping down of the US GOV as a hole no that would not be allowed. Local state and federal authority's would step in. and make it stop. Does our GOV need a wake up call you bet. the only way i can see it happen is to have a write in candidate were every one puts the same name on the ballots but there is one problem for this , it is all electronic now so you the voter would need to go and get a Candidate and have him on the ticket, now we all know this is very unlikely for it is still a two party system, yes there is hope Ron Paul is one but then would he really back the people. yes the Tea Party did win in some ways but it is still a small amount .

No government is too big to be deposed by revolution. The problem is you, the problem is me, the problem is your friends and my friends, our families and everyone who wants our government to be for the people. The problem is the people aren't ready for a revolution because the people can't agree enough to get together and make one.

Instead of uniting and demanding an honest government we argue over abortion, instead of demanding our economy is manged with our best interests in mind we fight over gay people getting married, instead of demanding our civil liberties be restored we quibble over what politician had sex with someone they shouldn't have. We are a bunch of partisan babies focusing on emotional semantics all the while what is genuinely important is being pulled from our back pocket.

Its the oldest pick pocket trick in the book and as a society we fall for it hook line and sinker.

If we all stop and focus on what is important we will find we mostly agree, then we will find the government will change through the process, or resist change and spark rebellion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join