It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you say you want a revolution?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
With all of our wonderful current events occurring in the world today, the government playing with us, deception being the rule rather than the exception and people beginning to get fed up the question of course comes up: Do we need a rebellion in the US to bring our government in line with what the people really want?

I wouldn't discount it out of hand, but I believe that we have not not gone passed the point of no return for our due process to work, and the people are not ready for a rebellion.

First of all our due process is not yet completely broken. Our officials are still elected by popular vote, there is no real evidence our elections are rigged, and the people have not been able to go against unfair laws with any kind of unity to show that the government will refuse to change laws against popular demand. These things are the core of our process to change within the system and what must be tried and used before a rebellion is staged.

But they don't seem to work? I agree! It seems that no matter who we vote for or what we do corruption and stupidity just doesn't go away! I believe TPTB know what they are doing, they know that if the people unite we will toss them to the curb and rule our country on our own without their agendas whatever they may be. But TPTB being the clever guys they are have really taken our bipartisan system and used it to divide the people.

I listen to both Conservative radio and Liberal media. I watch as both blatantly call out the other for being idiots, fools, Anti American, and whatever other slur you can imagine. They are really falsely exasperating the lines between the two groups! The reality is when you step back they are almost saying the same things just in different ways. Sad, but an excellent ploy to keep the people divided.

If a rebellion is going to happen, or even major change be enacted a powerful group that is outside of the bipartisan politics would need to emerge on the side of the people, against the corruption, and the people would need to rally as one for the rebellion to happen.

We can't have rebellion or even sweeping change until we can set aside our minor partisan differences and go after what the population really wants. I think we want our constitution, we want honesty in our government, we want our liberty and contrary to popular belief I don't think this is a partisan issue, I think we all want it. All of us except TPTB...

In summary: We aren't ready for a rebellion. The people can't unite until we can see past the bipartisan propaganda. Once we can see past the bipartisan propaganda and the people unite we can begin the process of change through elections and popular opinion. If, and only if this fails and it becomes clearly evident that TPTB will not release their hold on our government we will be ready for rebellion and to take our country back.

I am personally too much of a pessimist to think the puppet masters would ever let it get this far, but this is what it would take to successfully implement sweeping change in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Yes you do need a revolution in the US like that in Egypt.

But it has to purge the pentagon and the CIA at a minimum.

Having an agency like the cia who dont seem answerable to the president makes you wonder who is controlling the government.

Then again, the CIA specializes in overthrowing governments doesn't it?
Think about that and who is in the govt who have worked in the cia

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I think as long as those rebelling can repeal federal powers, then that would be a great success. No need to riot, loot or go crazy, they would just need to get rid of the DEA, TSA's body scanner, Wal-Marts 1984 screens and Homeland security to take a huge step towards freeing America. Of course, those people who participate will lose their lives or freedom for people who will think of them as domestic terrorists. It would be a truly thankless and hopeless endeavor for those people doing the repealing.

Imagine...a few thousand people marching into an airport with no intent to shoot at anyone. TSA and police regroup and launch tear gas and spray rubber bullets to no avail. These people have come prepared and won't leave until the machines are smashed to bits. The "authorities" get impatient and then it happens...an officer starts to empty his clip into a masked patriot...

yeah...that wouldn't go well. It would make a great movie though and we can all cheer from the safety of our couches and chairs!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Great post. The thing that made the Egyptian thing go so fast and smoothly was the fact that they weren't as divided as we are here in America. (mostly because there has only been one real party there?) They truly united with one common goal which was to overthrow the regime. There was really no leader, and no real agenda aside from that.

The downside to that is there is a big ???? to where it will lead. I think its exciting no matter what happens.

Things will have to get really really bad here in America for people to abandon their Left - Right agenda's.

I do think it will happen and probably sooner than later. I'm hoping anyways. Its only a matter of time.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

Egypt has been a very interesting case. Perhaps Tunisia set a precedent. Normally, repressive regimes would just put down the protesters. But for some reason they have been backing off. Is it because they know their actions will be instantly covered world-wide? Or is some sort of power shift really occurring behind the scenes?

There is a lot of talk about the machinations of the New World Order cabal. But less talk about the work of its opponents. They are getting stronger. So who is influencing whom to do what? It is hard to tell without a reliable source of facts.

The news media has been calling these mostly-peaceful transitions "revolutions." Why is that? It seems a bit inflammatory under the circumstances. People are having non-violent demonstrations and corrupt politicians are backing out of their positions. But is that a revolution? Doesn't seem like it to me. Actually, it seems like something new. Maybe we need a new word for it.

Also, the news media, as usual, is not digging into the underlying motives and workings behind these changes. Maybe they are just not intellectually capable of it.

But all that leaves me with are reports from people who I would normally consider quite "far out" like Drunvalo and Michael Ellegion who report that various "guardian" forces are making concerted efforts to protect the human race from extinction. Is that really the best background data we can come up with to explain why these political changes in recent weeks have been happening without excessive violent manifestations? Maybe so. It is fairly obvious, though, that these demonstrators have been very serious about remaining non-violent. That amazes me. Is this new generation that is majorly pushing these demonstrations forward really enlightened in this regard?

More questions than answers.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

I agree. I do think the fact that the world is watching, definitely makes leaders think twice before doing violent things. If the Egyptian thing was in the 1930's or something it would have been squished and noone would have known about it.

I think with the advent of facebook and twitter, things can get put together so quick and in such huge numbers that it is a shock to the governments of today.

As seen in Egypt, the government was still using old Dinosaur tactics to control the population. Such as State TV propaganda which failed horribly. The use of thugs which also failed miserably. The use of fear basically. The tactics were so obvious, the people realized what was going on, right as they were happening.

I do think we are venturing into new territories and governments either need to be more open and clean in their ways, or change their ways of dirty tactics to include social media.

The only problem there is, its hard to get on my friends list, or my follow list if I don't really know you.

edit on 12-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
Yes you do need a revolution in the US like that in Egypt.

MMMMhm what this one says.
We need a peaceful rebellion, we need to stop paying taxes and licensing fees, fines, Etc.
Here is the problem, in order to do this it has to be the people.
Not 3% or even 10% we need a large majority, otherwise the alphabet soup clan will take us 1 by 1.
They have no problem with that history has proven.
But if 50% or more of the citizens just said no more and supported / protected each other from the alphabet agencies, we would win.
If they sought help from the UN, we win as foreign soldiers on US soil is illegal, we would have a reason for a violent rebellion at that stage, and violent is to the end, we do not forgive and we certainly do not forget.
Barter worked for the longest time, aided by physical gold, it can again.
Here's the biggest problem, American Idol will end, your IPhone 4g will stop working, you will have to chop wood for your warmth, you will have to hunt for some of your food or garden or both, all of the modern comforts you enjoy will cease and there is a group in society who this is their worst nitemare, to have to take off the tie and roll up the sleeves and sweat for a living.
If only they really knew how enjoyable life could be with no set schedule or masters to tell us what we had to do.
Sure it is life without a security net but hey, security is nothing more than a feeling. it is not real.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God. Every generation needs a new revolution. God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion. The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." Thomas Jefferson

It's Been over 100 years since a Rebellion. Biggest Scam in History..

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I dont think rebellion is the right word because of this part of the declaration of independence. We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness that +o secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is in the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect there safety and happiness prudence indeed, will dictate that governments long established should no be changed for light and transient cause. so how can it be a rebellion if it is in our rights as the people to as it says above alter or abolish it, and institute new government if they become destructive of our rights?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I believe this rebellion in Egypt did not start with Tunisia but with the Tea Party movement here in America.
Simultaneously here and abroad a cold conservative wind swept in rustling leaves and banging shutters. While Americans greased their own "squeaky wheels" by giving them air time and legitimizing an impractical skinflint agenda. Seriously they are like the family that lives in a giant drafty house because they are too frugal to warm the place. Heat bills are low but the kids are always sick with colds.

There is no profit in leaving your children debt free but without clean air, rainforest's, marshlands or an ozone. Let's ask the kids what priorities they have for the future. I really don't see too many polls asking that. Old farts rule based not on vision or desirability but by the fact they have done it for so long. That will change.

British students took to the streets in protest over higher tuitions and the price of education....I think from there and due to social networking people began to wake up to the fact that like minded people could certainly accomplish more in this day and age than ever before in history.

America will not have so much of a revolution as we will fight a civil war again.
We will be a house divided...but I think overwhelmingly common sense and fairness will prevail.
Rather quickly and harshly people will step up to retire one party to a shoebox. They will reverently and respectfully place it high on a closet shelf and leave it to gather dust where it belongs.
This will be the same party so short sighted, rigid and inflexible that it paints itself into a corner.

edit on 12-2-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
We do not need Revolution, Civil War, Foreign War, or any type of Violence. If we are truly on the path of change, people would be selling everything, moving to the hills, and living efficiently and sustainable. Do not support the System would be the Call. Eventually, if enough people quit supporting the system, it would collapse, prepared people would survive and be able to restore the Nation after the crash and depression.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

And

reply to post by SmokeandShadow

I think the point would be to restore the power to the Government of the People and by the people but only after that government has proven beyond a reasonable doubt to no longer be answerable to the processes we have in place. Which I don't think it has proven yet. Right now we don't need revolution or rebellion we need unity in demanding what we all want which could only happen by seeing past our partisan politics...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I think you actually read my post!

You're absolutely right it isn't bad enough yet to get people to abandon their partisan politics and maybe thats what it will take...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

there is no real evidence our elections are rigged

Have a you even done a google search on rigged elections in the US? There is a ton of hard evidence even video evidence....

Here is a good place to start: www.bbvforums.org...

edit on 12-2-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Despite what the media tells you about how this started, it was not Tunisia, as they the media would like you to believe.

Here is the real truth.

The revolt started because, of a young man named “Khaled Said” from Alexandria last year; summer I think it was. Khaled spoke out against Mubarak. ( Khaled was beaten to death by the police in public. ) That’s how it started, Khaled died for expressing his views. This revolt was in the making for the last 9 or 10 months. The people of Eygpt used twitter since then to get the movement going for Khaled. It took a while for the people to organize, but they did it. This was the last straw for the people. The people of Egypt know this young man well. Khaled is a hero to the Egyptian people

The news of “Khaled Said” being beaten by the police until he was dead had spread to other Middle East countries including Tunisia where that person set himself on fire.

The U.S.A. does not need to revolt we have free elections. If you don’t like them vote them out, simple as that. If you don’t like the next person in office vote them out also. Last November was a very good example of our free elections.

edit on 12-2-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It only takes a few to wake up the many.And that can happen by
intention or accident. People are waking up and I really think
a revolution is in the making. It doesn't have to look like Egypt.
If enough people wake up I believe we will decide collectively
what to do. That's not going to happen via our elections though.
Our system the way it is now is corrupt, broken. Anyone thinking
elections are the way to solve the problems in this country is incredibly
naive.
First people need to wake up. You can't solve the problem
when your oblivious to it. When the middle-class start to really
hurt in this country, that's when we'll reach our tipping point.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucantcme
I dont think rebellion is the right word because of this part of the declaration of independence. We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness that +o secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is in the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect there safety and happiness prudence indeed, will dictate that governments long established should no be changed for light and transient cause. so how can it be a rebellion if it is in our rights as the people to as it says above alter or abolish it, and institute new government if they become destructive of our rights?

I quote you fully, because first, it is quoted from the Constitution, the most sacred document we in America have. I am for rebellion, but not in the sense of violence in any way whatsoever. The Constitution gives We the People the ultimate, and final power. Power flows downhill, from the People, to the Government. If you study the The Articles of Confederation,
The United States Constitution, and
Jefferson's Wall of Separation Letter, it is clearly spelled out how to form a perfect government and union of the Nation States. Religion is prevented from influencing government, and vise versa, and the Separation of Powers provides for a system of checks and balances, and preventing one power from stepping on, or controlling, another power. Congress makes laws, according to, and in line with the Constitution. The Supreme Court decides whether the law is Constitutional or not, and the Legislative is a figurehead mostly, a Commander of the armed forces, but only through Congress and in accordance with Constitutional values. Every person who is natural born, or naturalized shall have a right, and a moral duty to cast that vote, and every vote is counted and accounted for, and the winner is decided by the people, and not by the Electoral, or the CORPORATION.
(Banking Military Industrial Black Projects Drug Trafficking Complex)

Thanks for listening.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Restoration not Revolution.

You want the crap we have now replaced by something worse? Pray for revolution. You want the government of, for, and by the people, a government that is confined within the bounds of the Constitution? You want a government that enforces contracts, protects the rights of the people, and is confined to expenditures only within it's legal limits as prescribed by the Constitution? Pray for restoration.

If you want revolution you want chaos, and if you want chaos you are the enemy of peace.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

We will have a revolution whether we are ready for it or not.

The currency is going to go away soon.

Then there will be chaos in the streets.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join