It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Sound Followed By Strange Symbols?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I am hesitant to put this out. Not because it isn't completely true, but because I can't even begin to explain what the symbols were.

If any of you read my thread about opening up, you know what I'm going through. I'm now approaching 36 hours without sleep, so I suppose this could be an hallucination. Though I have NEVER had an experience like this before. Here it is:

I was lying on my couch trying to sleep a little. I was starting to dose off when suddenly it sounded like a waterfall all around me. Very loud! Instantly, it was like a grid 4x4 of symbols within a circle. They were flashing in rows. Top row, 2nd row, and so forth. Then repeating. It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Kinda of reminded me of Kryptonian symbols simply because I don't know what else to compare them to.

Anyway, after this ended I was left with a very loud ringing in my ears. A brief period of not being able to hear at all in my left ear. The ringing remained for several hours. I honestly don't know what to think about it. Maybe it was nothing. Either way, it was very interesting!

So there you go... I don't know where else to put this. If the Mods need to move it, so be it.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Can you try to draw the symbols?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
you said "approaching 36 hours without sleep, so I suppose this could be an hallucination"
that pretty much sounds like what it was. I don't sleep well either. When I do, I have weird dreams and sometimes the weirdest ones are when I'm lightly napping.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
What a beautiful vision. I should like to have one like it.

Once I did.

I awoke from a long dream, where I was being instructed, and upon awakening, I saw Arabic letters hanging in the air for minutes.

But I don't speak Arabic... so I don't know (consciously) what it all meant.

Although I do feel like I understood it on a deeper level....

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

I would completely butcher them!
I can barely even remember the concept and diagram of how they were placed to be perfectly honest. I just know they weren't like anything I have EVER seen before.

Maybe I was like that guy on 3rd Rock From The Sun: "Incoming message from the big head!!" heh

Has anyone else ever had anything like this happen? I can honestly say I haven't. And with the ringing that followed... it was really strange!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Ok, these are not what the symbols looked like, but it will give a close example of what I saw. I used the Abduction font and I am not good with any type of picture editing stuff. Don't flame me too much for my bad work

Like I said, the entire top row would flash, then the second, third and finally fourth. The repeat. The row would light up then move to the next. It was very unusual.
edit on 12-2-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Eag,

Its just a combo of the stress, emotions and lack of sleep. I get those types of dreams from time to time as well, and i never remember any dreams. Try taking a melatonin, it will help you sleep. Glad to see you are doing a little better. At least you seem like it.

Best wishes.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Yeah man.... Still rough, but I'm doing my best to focus my energies into ATS topics and just whatever. Anything but the obvious. I added you on your ATS-FB page.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Cool, so far only 4 people added, and everyone uses their real names so I dont know who is who haha, send me a pm so i know which one.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

You are receiving messages. Begin to decipher them, notice patterns, do research based on gut instincts. you may be surprised at what you find, or you may not. it is a test.

I suggest you look up "ancient languages" maybe something based on your race//

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I am leaning towards the possibility of sleep deprivation, but I have a question. I apologize if you made this clear and I missed it. Were your eyes closed when you saw these, or were your eyes open?

The comment, "starting to doze off," is where I'm a bit confused. Did you open your eyes and still see it?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

My eyes were open when the sound began and when the symbols started showing up. Exactly like the picture I posted. A 4x4 grid. (not like the symbols I posted though) It could very easily be in fact sleep deprivation. I once stayed awake for 5 days and saw a MASSIVE spider crawling down the wall in the bathroom. To say I missed the toilet is an understatement!
The spider wasn't real, but well... yeah.

However, I have never seen anything like this. Not to mention the ringing that remained for hours later. I don't have a clue.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphetEzekiel

I can't remember the symbols in that "vision/dream". I wouldn't know how to translate anything. I should have tried to draw them when I got up but for some reason I didn't feel the need. Kinda weird now that I think about it.

If it happens again, I will try to draw them. I like your idea. That could be very interesting!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I'm not sure where you live at, nor do I know anything else about you, so this is not an accusation.
But here in Redneckville, U.S.ofA., when people stay up for 5 straight days, there's most likely a hidden factor in there also, to aid in the sleep deprivation.

On another thought, do you have a headache, or did you when your ears were ringing?

(I am not a doctor, nor do i claim to be. I am just throwing random thoughts at you
)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

lol I don't do any drugs. Nothing was aiding in my being awake aside from intense heart break. As mentioned in my other thread, my wife just left me so sleep escapes me. Unfortunately.

I didn't have a headache at the time, however I did have a really bad headache last night, but that was mostly due to the attempted reasoning with my wife to not give up. That's probably TMI and I apologize.

Sorry I missed that you were talking about the 5 day period. That was a result of the release of Battlefield: Bad Company on the PS3
I couldn't put the controller down. I was very addicted.
edit on 12-2-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Ok well this is just ironic! I'm reading this thread: Welcome to the 9th and final level

In the thread, someone mentions this page regarding Galactic Tones and so forth. So I go to the page to find mine, and it's 4! The Cube... how weird!

Maybe I need to go to sleep.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I had a very vivid vision a few years ago, whilst I was awake..

I saw a symbol and heard the words "when you see this you will believe" the symbol I saw was a four pointed star with a circle in the centre which 4 more points joined to make it an 8 pointed star.
I have tried to find this symbol for years and the closest I have found is a symbol called the star of Ishtar. Not sure what it means or indeed if this was the actual symbol shown to me.

If anyone could help me with this I would be very grateful, it has been bugging me for years..

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Were any of the symbols like the green one in my backround?

Were they green like the ones you showed?

That trinity symbol, or John Paul Jones symbol or whatever you want to call it, has appeared as green in a few of my weird alien dreams. Always a huge alien craft with gigantic mechanical cogs and gears and then the symbol. Just curious if you have seen it too.

BTW, I too have had an increased ringing in ears for a few years now actually. I think I posted a thread about it.
edit on 12-2-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Maybe you're meant to see the symbol/image when the time's right, not when you go looking for it?

As for the OP, I've gone several days without sleep just out of boredom and wanting to push mself, see how long I could go and never had anything other than sluggishness, headache and slightly dull pain in my teeth so I wouldn't be so quick as to say it's sleep deprivation personally.

Sometimes you can fall asleep with your eyes open and not realise, your brain works as it does during REM if it hasn't had the proper rest to function in that way but again, I'm no doctor either so who knows whether it's explainable or not.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

No, I have seen that symbol before. None of them were like anything I have ever seen before. They were encircled though in the green. And flashing brightly in sequence. Top row, 2nd row, 3rd row, 4th. Then repeating. Even now, the ringing remains.

Sounds like you have had some very interesting dreams though!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join