It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wants to put the poor in the cold! But we will spend Billions on Foreign Aid.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

I agree with most of what you have to say but it sure don't mean i have to like it
And the blame should be equally placed but i love your statement(
A Carousel of Calamity, with Clowns in Charge. Round and round we go!) beautifully said!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It is the Gov'ts job to give 14 trillion to the thieving FED, Banks and Various large Corporations, not for anything back to the people.

Its about who owns the Gov't.... nothing else....

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Here in my state you have to make less than $750.00 a month to get this fuel assistance check..It is usually between $68.00-$168.00, it just depends how high the electric bills have been during the year. I just got 1 of these checks. it was for $168.00.The bad thing is, this has been the worst winter in over 75 yrs. here and light bill was $413.00----$578.00, for the months of December and January....So, I had to eat very little these months and I am eating pretty good this month..Till Feb. light bill rolls in as it's been below freezing here ever night this month....So, just keep sending our money over seas and us disabled Vet's will just do the best we can till we get fed up with the bunch of you and do what we must to eat...
edit on 12-2-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Hi Caji316 thanks for the reply.. $750.00 a month i don't know how anyone can live on that amount of money and pay rent elec and eat..$168.00 is not much when when you have an elec bill like what you have.. It helps but when were having these cold winters like this it sure don't come close to helping and when it comes to the point you have to skimp on your eating to pay a darn elec bill then each month then its a travesty! yep sending money overseas to help them and not good people like you and others is a crime..but i don't see that its going to stop anytime soon if ever..please hang in there and bless you.. America owes alot to our Vet's thats for sure

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Slan1

I agree with you 100% i couldn't have sad it better!!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Hello Sugarcookie1! Thank you so much for your kind words! Sadly there are many, many folk worse off than my wife and myself, and a person only has to go downtown in any major city across both our countries to see enough to realize poverty is a huge problem in two of the world's richest nations, yet our leaders choose to ignore it. My heart goes out to the poor in third world countries, and as long as the money goes to the right place I certainly don't mind helping them, but only after we do something about our own poor first. I'm not saying this because of the situation my wife and I are in, this is just how I've always felt. Ours is a long story that began right after I was injured, and like most folk out there who are in the same boat, it's something I'd rather not post on a public forum. Thanks again, Sugarcookie1! Blessings!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Ultimately the problem is the actual budget, as it is far larger than anyone could ever think. The break down is fully mind boggling, being that many different parts of it often taking chunks from the total amount of money that the US has and distributing it. While some parts may seem large, when compared to others, it is small. The actual budget breaks down as follows:
This is the mandatory spending at a whopping 2.009 Trillion with a T:
695 billion for Social Security.
571 billion for other mandatory programs.
453 billion for Medicare
290 billion for Medicaid
164 BILLION FOR JUST THE INTEREST ON THE NATIONAL DEBT
11 billion for potential disaster costs
0 billion for TARP (Troubled Asset Relief Program
0 billion for financial stabilization efforts.
The rest, 1.368 Trillion is all Discretionary Spending:
663.7 billion for the department of defense
78.7 billion department of health and human services
72.5 billion for the department of transportation
52.5 billion for the department of veterans affairs
51.7 billion for Department of State
47.5 billion for the department of Housing and Urban development
46.7 billion for the department of education
42.7 billion for the department of homeland security
26.3 billion for the department of energy
26.0 billion for the department of Agriculture
23.9 billion for the department of Justice
18.7 billion for NASA
13.8 billion for the department of Commerce
13.3 billion for the department of Labor
13.3 billion for the department of Treasury
12.0 billion for the department of Interior
10.5 Billion for the EPA
9.7 billion for the Social Security Administration
7.0 billion for the National Science Foundation
5.1 Billion for the Corps of Engineers
5.0 billion for the National Infrastructure bank
1.1 billion for the Corporation for National and Community Service
0.7 Billion for Small business Administration
0.6 Billion for the General services
19.8 Billion for other Agencies
105 Billion is listed as other.

When the actual breakdown, as provided by the CBO is looked at, the biggest part of the budget is the mandatory spending programs that are eating up over half of the actual budget. So the question is what to cut from the budget? So they may cut from one part, to give to another, but then what all does the country lose in the process? Some would say cut the department of defense, then what ultimately would be the end result and who would pay the price? So many rely off of all of these different departments, for their jobs and lively hoods, would it be wise to make cuts, that will end up putting more people out of work. Though, ultimately it may be wise to start pulling the military out from different bases around the world, and close them down, as they would not be needed, only keeping a token force in place, and perhaps we should no longer go and offer aid to different countries around the world, as it is apparent that the country can no longer afford to do such. By doing that, then some of the spending could be shifted around.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

I think it would be wise to start pulling the military out from different bases around the world, and close them down or leave a skeleton crew.. we need to totally stop aid to different countries around the world and concentrate on our people here that are hungry and in need its a travesty whats going on here and our government chooses to ignore it..Thanks so much for the reply

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
I don't really see government paid heating and AC a right, but at the same time if we have millions to spend on foreign aid, we should also be able to help out our own citizens who are of little means du hoc singapore.

I just don't see the logic. If you can't afford to put food on the table in your household, you don't give away food to the food bank do you?

Although this is nothing new, and nothing that makes Obama specifically suspect, as foreign needs have evidently been more important to the US government than domestic needs for quite some time.

Just seems like foreign aid comes before our own citizens there has to be away to cut back..Obama is a complete fail he said he was going to help with getting us back on our feet and were just getting poorer no jobs the the price of gas keeps getting higher and don't forget our groceries that's also out of control..next thing ya know the poor will be living in the parks in brown boxes with no heat but i just don't think he cares..

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I don't really see government paid heating and AC a right, but at the same time if we have millions to spend on foreign aid, we should also be able to help out our own citizens who are of little means du hoc singapore.

I just don't see the logic. If you can't afford to put food on the table in your household, you don't give away food to the food bank do you?

Although this is nothing new, and nothing that makes Obama specifically suspect, as foreign needs have evidently been more important to the US government than domestic needs for quite some time.

Just seems like foreign aid comes before our own citizens there has to be away to cut back..Obama is a complete fail he said he was going to help with getting us back on our feet and were just getting poorer no jobs the the price of gas keeps getting higher and don't forget our groceries that's also out of control..next thing ya know the poor will be living in the parks in brown boxes with no heat but i just don't think he cares..

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrphantuan

He has done nothing to help us everyone i know is out of work and loseing there homes..I spent 130 dollars on food the other day and came home with 2 bags and that's shopping with coupons and none of it was junk food and heavens don't buy tomatoes or fruit because there sky high in price..So ya lets send foreign aid and forget our own citizens let us starve and and freeze to death..I noticed my electric rates went up again i can hardly afford the bill and the poor old folks i guess just get to freeze..the food shelves here in my town are just about empty i volunteer there 3 times a month no one can afford to give and the government doesn't seem to be willing to help..the USA is going to hell in a handbag and your right soon the parks will be full of cardboard boxes

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join