It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A guide to staying safe in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Have you ever got the feeling that you know the hostages are going to die. First of all even if the demands are met, the person is still at risk. What is the possibility that America is going to pull out of Iraq or free the extremists. If I were the U.S. I would reject the offerings, knowing if we pull out of Iraq there will be many more deaths to come.

To prevent these awful events I have a guide:
1. If you are in Iraq for site-seeing you deserve to get shot. Don't take vacations in Iraq.

2.If you are in the military you should have a small chip with a GPS system, That way if you are caught the government can at least carry out an operation to try to save you.

3. Carry guns with you at all times. Shoot any citizen (possible terrorist) that come closer than 10 feet from you.

4. Watch your back at all time. YOUR IN IRAQ, you are not safe, don't be stupid.

Well that's my advice. I appreciate all the efforts of the militarie's effort in Iraq. My favorite idea is the GPS system.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Number 3 is alittle extreme. Number 1 and 4 are right on IMHO. I you are unlucky enough to be a civilian in Iraq hire body guards or stay around military personal. If you are in the military dont wander off alone looking for some Iraqie tail or what ever reason you would have to do so. The military has been looking into putting GPS into dogtags for reason you stated and a few others it might not be a bad ideal.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticalUnicorn

3. Carry guns with you at all times. Shoot any citizen (possible terrorist) that come closer than 10 feet from you.

A person's national ethnicity does not make them a terrorist. At any rate, the US is occupying foreign soil, and some people over there may see US soldiers as a hostile threat, rather than liberators from a tyrant. Discretion must be used when it comes to shooting anyone. Not all people of middle eastern decent walk around with bombs strapped to them, I can assure you of that.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Here's how you stay safe:

STAY WHERE YOU ARE!! If you want to visit a desert, go to California!

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Sounds almost as bad as North Phily.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticalUnicorn
Have you ever got the feeling that you know the hostages are going to die. First of all even if the demands are met, the person is still at risk.

Unless they are moslems, it seems to be a 99.999% likelihood that anyone taken hostage will be executed. That being said, anyone caught in an ambush for hostages should fight to the death. No use in going through the psychological torture after surrender. Hey, someone might get lucky and kill a terrorist or two before going down.

top topics

join