It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dir. of Nat. Intel lies to Congress or adopts politically correct stance on Muslim Brotherhood

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I was talking about the one you quoted.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Others have documented precisely what you deny.

... [S]tarting in 1936, it began to oppose British rule in Egypt. Many Egyptian nationalists accuse the Brotherhood of violent killings during this period. ...
"General Strategic Goal for the Group in North America" makes the objectives of the MB clear: "The process of settlement is a 'Civilization-Jihadist Process' with all the word means. The Ikhwan must understand that their work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and "sabotaging" its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and God's religion is made victorious over all other religions."

en.wikipedia.org......

(I normally do not cite Wiki for authority, but their cites are good on this one.)

But, that aside, here's more "authority" (of which you have provided none, only your unsupported statements of opinion/mockery):

Hamas grew out of the Muslim Brotherhood, a religious and political organization founded in Egypt with branches throughout the Arab world.

www.cfr.org......

And another:

The Brotherhood has not only described itself as an Islamist group, committed to implementing Sharia law, it spawned Egyptian Islamic Jihad -- which offed Anwar Sadat in 1981 and later joined forces with al Qaeda. Another Brotherhood offshoot is Hamas, the terrorist group that holds Gaza in its bloody grip. It's no fan of the Camp David peace accords with Israel, either.

www.nypost.com...

deny ignorance
jw
edit on 18-2-2011 by jdub297 because: lunacy

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
Remember the tv interview where he was asked about the terrorist arrests in London that day,he didn't even know about it so there is a third option hes an incompetant.

Yeah, I remember, sadly.

And now, it has come back around. The MSM, a week later, is just now coming around to calling a spade a spade and pointing up this incompetence/intentional indifference question:

Where did Barack Obama get these guys?

Presidents good and bad have learned not to expect too much from the intelligence agencies, the distributors of expensive clappertrap over the years, but this week the two top spooks revealed just how much they don’t know — and, given the president’s own romantic view of Islam, maybe they don’t want to know.

www.washingtontimes.com...

deny ignorance
jw

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphetEzekiel

To influence Mass Media to accept change in the Middle East. So the Brotherhood could gain power.

Then Nuclear Catastrophe in the U.S. will "force our hand" into the whole situation; assaulting from Babylon.

YES!

You might want to look at my Thread: Napolitano sets stage for False Flag Terrorist Attack

This time we KNOW they are preparing a False flag to scare the public into accepting an even nastier permanent version of the Patriot Act. Or worse the start of WWIII to force us into a global government. If you have any doubts that the US government would allow its own people to be killed, here are the historical facts showing that they have done so before and in exactly the same way. Days of Infamy and The War on Terrorism

The formula, as shown in those articles is:
The first stage is to aggravate, literally to goad them until they had no choice but to strike back (sound familiar?)

The second prong of the strategy is to insulate. Keep the victims (that's us) from getting the information needed to protect themselves.

The third and final stage is to Facilitate the attack:make it easy by offering no opposition.

Here are the stories showing the US government is busy paving the way by “Facilitating” another “Terrorist Attack” just as they did with the sinking of the Lusitania and the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

In the thread I go into all the evidence of the third and final stage is to Facilitate the attack:

1. Cutting the number of Border Patrol agents by several hundred at the Mexican border
2. Withdrawing three out of the four border states National Guards as of June and July this year
3. Reporting the EXACT location of civilian border patrol groups to the corrupt Mexican government
4. Stopping the building of the border fence
5. Napolitano lying about the problems on the border by stating the Mexican border is “more secure than ever” despite reports problems are escalating from the Department of Justice, the Government Accountability Office and even the Border Patrol itself.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

I was talking about the one you quoted.

The one y'all are quoting has a name.

reply to post by jdub297

Others have documented precisely what you deny.

Bring on the Wiki!! (only when it suits you, mind)

The Muslim Brotherhood did commit horrible, nasty, brutal killings of British officials during a British occupation. In the 1930's. 80 years ago. Against a foreign occupying force. I know.. I know.. the Brits absolutely despise when people refute their right to conquer any land they set eyes on.. Americans, Indians, Irish, Egyptians, practically the entire ME at one point.. It would irk me to.. when I command obedience, I demand it be done at once!

Silly me however, does not consider killing foreign troops to be "terrorism" .. it's unconventional warfare, the Spanish called it "Guerrilla" warfare.

type of warfare fought by irregulars in fast-moving, small-scale actions against orthodox military and police forces and, on occasion, against rival insurgent forces, either independently or in conjunction with a larger political-military strategy.

www.britannica.com...

Moving on..

Hamas grew out of the Muslim Brotherhood, a religious and political organization founded in Egypt with branches throughout the Arab world.

Fun Fact Time!

Did you know that Hamas, prior to being elected into office in Palestine, provided more financial aid, humanitarian assistance, public works projects and various other charitable actions for the Palestinian people than any other organization? In many towns throughout Palestine their leaders never showed up to work, so Hamas ran the towns when the Mayors never showed up..

It's kinda why people elected them..

Why was the US and Israel so against the appointment of Hamas? Because they made sense, were practical, and organized. They also had the backing of pretty much the entire ME. Israel and the US would rather chaos reign in Palestine, as being unorganized they are prohibited from actually functioning as a society. If Palestine could be organized and disciplined, they would quickly outpace Israel.

which offed Anwar Sadat in 1981 and later joined forces with al Qaeda.

This is funny!

Well known not supposed to be known fact: The US killed Anwar Sadat and installed Mubarak who was loved by the US and Europe. It was the best regime placement since Saddam.

Al-Qaeda was formed by the CIA in 1989 as an insurgency against Soviets.. they were never labeled as a "terrorist" organization until 1993. Since 1993 they've been our favorite (albeit homemade) boogieman.

deny ignorance INDEED!
edit on 2/18/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by type0civ

Did you know that Hamas, prior to being elected into office in Palestine, provided more financial aid, humanitarian assistance, public works projects and various other charitable actions for the Palestinian people than any other organization? In many towns throughout Palestine their leaders never showed up to work, so Hamas ran the towns when the Mayors never showed up..

It's kinda why people elected them..

Once again you resort to loosely plagiarized statements without attribution.

Fun facts?
What about independent sources, with first-hand knowledge and on-the-scene investigations?

In the same year that Israel disengaged from the Gaza Strip, Hamas won the local Palestinian elections of December 2005, subsequently utilizing it as a platform to win the January 2006 elections to the Palestinian Legislative Council. The following year, Hamas perpetrated a violent seizure of the Gaza Strip in which hundreds of Palestinians were killed, a coup that included tactics such as lynching, executions, and defenestration.
Hamas is labeled a designated terrorist organization by Israel, the United States, Canada, and the European Union (on the EU’s terror group blacklist); Australia and the United Kingdom have designated Hamas’ militant wing as ‘terrorist’ – the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades – thus attempting to separate the brigades from the remainder of the organization, specifically its political and religious wings. It must be noted that both the political and religious arms of Hamas have been linked to terrorist activity, whether financially, logistically, morally or operationally.

Hamas, more than any other Palestinian militant organization, has utilized terrorism (specifically suicide bombings and indirect rocket fire) in an attempt to disrupt the Israeli economy and diminish the morale of the Israeli populace by striking at the soft underbelly of Israeli society: its noncombatants on buses and at cafes and nightclubs, or by indiscriminately firing rockets on various towns and villages.

Hamas used extreme, indiscriminate violence in an attempt to bend or compel Israel to Hamas’ political will. According to a 2007 study, conducted by Benmelech and Berrebi, Hamas was responsible for nearly 40% of all suicide bombings carried out between 2000-2005.
Hamas was responsible for “425 terrorist attacks of various kinds, in which 377 Israelis were murdered and 2,076 civilians and soldiers were wounded”. [44] If one is to judge Hamas on the tactics it utilizes, applied stratagems, sustained policy statements by Hamas leaders (in Arabic), and the charter on which the organization is based, then it can be logically assumed that Hamas is in fact a terrorist entity more than it is a political body or de facto government representing the Palestinian People.

www.ict.org.il...

Well known not supposed to be known fact: The US killed Anwar Sadat and installed Mubarak who was loved by the US and Europe.

After the Camp David Peace Accord? More hyped propaganda, without any factual support. Islamists opposed to the Peace Accord did this without any U.S. aid or provocation.

Oct. 6, 1981 — Vice-President Hosni Mubarak is thrust into office when Islamists gun down President Anwar Sadat at a military parade. He is approved as president in a referendum in November and re-elected in Oct. 1987 and Oct. 1993.

www.vancouversun.com...

And who killed the Kennedys?
Next thing you know, you'll be saying that the CIA created Al Qaeda and the Taliban.

Al-Qaeda was formed by the CIA in 1989 as an insurgency against Soviets.. they were never labeled as a "terrorist" organization until 1993.

They began as loosely affiliated religious cliques and were cobbled together from groups that received the bulk of their aid from the Saudis and really never had a cohesive existence separate from the general Afghan Islamic resistance until bin Laden used the name to describe them and take credit for their terrorist acts against the West.

indeed, deny ignorance
jw
edit on 27-2-2011 by jdub297 because: close quote

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The dnatinl is a political appointee , the position itself was fought agianst by every
intel agency... They knew what was coming... Its ok guys..just wait unitl sara palin is elected..she will fire this jackwagon and clean house !!!!!

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/24/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FRANKBLACK

Sadly, the guy has 47 years of experience in the Air Force, Intel and the White House.

You'd think he would know better than to speak off-the-cuff without fact-checking and reviewing current admin policy.

Intelligence chief James Clapper causes a stir with remarks on Moammar Kadafi and threats to U.S.

www.chicagotribune.com...

Apparently, Clapper doesn't share the same beliefs as Donilon of the NSA:

A short time later, White House National Security Advisor Tom Donilon held a conference call with reporters during which he basically repudiated Clapper's Libya viewpoint, saying they didn't take into account the changing dynamics of the situation.
"I don't think that's the most informative analysis, frankly," Donilon said. "I think the analysis needs to be dynamic and it needs to be multidimensional."
James Clapper draws criticism for telling a Senate panel that Libyan rebels probably can't overthrow Moammar Kadafi and that Russia and China are the biggest threats to the U.S. The White House quickly offers its own views on those issues.

If the WH, military and intel didn't have his back, Congressional overseers would let him go:

Sen. Lindsay Graham, a South Carolina Republican and Armed Services Committee member, called for his resignation, citing Clapper's previous faux pas.

"Three strikes and you're out," Graham said.

A Democratic member of the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Adam Schiff of California, said Clapper's remarks "send a terrible message to those who are doing battle with Kadafi right now. I don't think it makes sense for us to be articulating that view."

You get what you pay for.

jw

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
think it has something to do with the fact that these clowns have
ALL BEEN WORKING FOR THE WHITEHOUSE ALL ALONG?

The CIA’s Libya Rebels: The Same Terrorists who Killed US, NATO Troops in Iraq

2007 West Point Study Shows Benghazi-Darnah-Tobruk Area was a World Leader in Al Qaeda Suicide Bomber Recruitment

tarpley.net...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Even as we sort of supported the Eastern Libyans in their protests, the White House appeared to have ignored the fact that most of the foreign Al Qaeda jihadists in Iraq were from the Eastern provinces of ... Libya!

These people may be trying to escape the despotism they've lived under for 40+ years, but they will not form a U.S.-friendly government. Even now, they are appealing for Shia support from other countries with Shi'ite majorities.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Why on Earth would James Clapper, the Director of National Intelligence, tell the United States Congress that the Muslim Brotherhood is a non-secular, pacifist organization?
Because it is. Because it is. Because it is.

Why would you assume OH WAIT I KNOW. Muslim Brotherhood... MUSLIM!!!! It must be

TERRORISTS UWAAAAAAH

Seriously, why do YOU think that YOU have greater authority than the DIRECTOR OF NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE?! Why do YOU think that YOUR prejudices outweigh ALL OF THE EVIDENCE COLLECTED BY THE US GOVERNMENT?!

Your evidence is nothing. It is nothing. Here is how I know:

You are anti-Hamas. Any and all anti-hamas posters on this site are open or closeted zionists and are absolutely, 100% untrustworthy. You will twist any story, omit any fact, to suit your grand "I AM AFRAID OF MUSLIMS" narrative. I'm sick of it and I quit this thread.

edit: As if I wasn't right enough, you had to post this. What's your argument? Oh, the DNI is being "politically correct" by telling the truth, that the Muslim Brotherhood is a secular political party. What does your evidence show? That the "politically correct" view is that A) Libya is a war we can win and B) The Muslim Brotherhood is bad
very bad, just trust us, we are congressmen and are not at all ignorant of Egyptian politics (even though your sources earlier in this thread said that they are shamefully ignorant)!

GREAT JOB
edit on 28-3-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

Seriously, why do YOU think that YOU have greater authority than the DIRECTOR OF NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE?!

Because the Director of National Intelligence himself says he was wrong:

the DNI later issued a statement to "clarify" that claim.

"To clarify Director Clapper's point, in Egypt the Muslim Brotherhood makes efforts to work through a political system that has been, under Mubarak's rule, one that is largely secular in its orientation. He is well aware that the Muslim Brotherhood is not a secular organization," DNI spokesperson Jamie Smith said.

Obama Administration Corrects Clapper Claim

Why do YOU think that YOUR prejudices outweigh ALL OF THE EVIDENCE COLLECTED BY THE US GOVERNMENT?!

Because the Office of National Intelligence and Obama say he was wrong:

The Obama administration took the rare step Thursday of correcting its own intelligence chief after the official claimed Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood is "largely secular."

Administration Corrects Clapper's Claim That Muslim Brotherhood Is 'Secular'

If the administration and Clapper's spokesman aren't "Authority" enough for you, maybe the Brotherhood itself, an independent news source, or the FBI Director might be:

The Brotherhood uses the slogan, "Islam is the answer," and generally advocates for government in accordance with Islamic principles. The movement has as a broad goal unifying what it perceives as Muslim lands, from Spain to Indonesia, as a "caliphate."

DNI Clapper retreats from 'secular' claim on Muslim Brotherhood

FBI Director Robert Mueller said some branches of the Brotherhood have engaged in violence, but he declined to go into detail in a public session. "Obviously, elements of the Muslim Brotherhood here and overseas have supported terrorism," he said.

Hamas, which is designated by the U.S. as a terrorist group but also runs the elected government in the Gaza strip, is an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood. U.S. prosecutors have also produced evidence that some Islamic organizations in America, such as the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the Islamic Society of North America and the North American Islamic Trust, grew out of the Brotherhood.

www.politico.com...

Hatred and prejudice blind you to the truth, even when it is staring you in the face!

deny ignorance!
jw
edit on 28-3-2011 by jdub297 because: closed quote

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

What does your evidence show? That the "politically correct" view is that A) Libya is a war we can win and B) The Muslim Brotherhood is bad very bad, just trust us, we are congressmen and are not at all ignorant of Egyptian politics (even though your sources earlier in this thread said that they are shamefully ignorant)!

Nope.

Once again (there seems to be a pattern here), your hatred and prejudice override common sense, don't they?

There is no legitimate reason for Obama's intervention in Libya. We are defending terrorists from a terrorist.

Congress does not inform my views. What informs your fantasies and misrepresentations? A pro-Hamas agenda?

My sources include the Director of National "Intelligence."

Did you just now come to the realization that this entire administration is "shamefully ignorant" when it comes to what they try to pass for "foreign policy?"

Deny ignorants!

jw

top topics

<< 1   >>

join