It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Ocean: Has Atlantis been found off Africa?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Google Ocean: Has Atlantis been found off Africa?

www.telegraph.co.uk

A "grid of streets" on the seabed at one of the proposed locations of the lost city of Atlantis has been spotted on Google Ocean.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The network of criss-cross lines is 620 miles off the coast of north west Africa near the Canary Islands on the floor of the Atlantic Ocean.
The perfect rectangle – which is around the size of Wales – was noticed on the search giant's underwater exploration tool by an aeronautical engineer who claims it looks like an "aerial map" of a city.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Wasn't it found at the same spot a year or two ago ? Dismissed as artefact ?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by muddyhoop

That's pretty old news and I don't see any new information in the link..

There are older threads about the find..

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by muddyhoop

Atlantis is a place you go to in your mind when you are finished creating your own personal heaven here on earth.

WHA CANT YOU PEOPLE GET IT!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I really hate to do this but...

Atlantis isn't real.

I'm not a troll! I use to be really into it and was waiting for the day they found it.

Turns out... Plato wrote about Atlantis in an essay to compare their state of affairs
with then present time Greece. But he wrote about it as a hypothetical situation. It is almost like his Cave story except for some reason
we got it mixed up as real.
edit on 11-2-2011 by Dendro because: Forgot the main point

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I have read a good deal about Atlantis, and I am undecided either way. I was reading Edward Gibbons Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, and he was talking about the roman province around modern day libya/tunisia. He just casually mentioned Atlantis as being off the west coast of Africa as if he were discussing a roman city of the region. I read it, and then stopped and went back. Weird how random well known historical texts seem to consider Atlantis to be a very real place, and have a very real history.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This has already been discussed in numerous posts
mods?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
A few years ago I watched a documentary about pyramids on TV. Not just Egypt, but around the world. He read out an inscription on a monument in the Caribbean that told the story of a city that sank in the ocean. He quickly associated it to the legend of Atlantis.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
That's pretty old news and I don't see any new information in the link..

That's because it is old news...

By Matthew Moore 7:18AM GMT 20 Feb 2009

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro
I really hate to do this but...

Atlantis isn't real.

I'm not a troll! I use to be really into it and was waiting for the day they found it.

Turns out... Plato wrote about Atlantis in an essay to compare their state of affairs
with then present time Greece. But he wrote about it as a hypothetical situation. It is almost like his Cave story except for some reason
we got it mixed up as real.
edit on 11-2-2011 by Dendro because: Forgot the main point

Atlantis was an Ancient American Civilization with many people spread through many states in the World.

They were killed off for Unacceptable Evils.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Atlantis was an Ancient American Civilization with many people spread through many states in the World.

They were killed off for Unacceptable Evils.

I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it. That was unexpected and a laugh was what I needed.
line 2

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I was watching the History Channel earlier this evening. Actually started watching a little into the program, but they were showing some underwater stone structure I think southeast Africa coast. It was rather interesting. There was a theory that maybe aliens had built it. I think the show was called Ancient Aliens.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I always think of Edgar Cayce's talk on Atlantis whenever the subject comes up now, about how it sank, certain people were reincarnated several times with their first lives on this planet being as Atlantians.

This is old news and more a topic for the Ancient Civilisations section but as long as it keeps this place alive and we all forget our mundane lives in this dirty and miserable world for even a few minutes then that's a good thing isn't it?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Yes it is old news.
A search in Google reveals articled dating back to February 2009.
MSM has run the story again today for some reason. Looks like it’s being used as a plug for the “Explore the Ocean” Layer in Google earth.
I opened it up again to take a look and couldn’t see anything under the water there. I’m not sure how to drive it underwater just yet so perhaps I’m missing something. Has anyone else gone swimming at the Co-ordinates 31 15'15.53N 24 15'30.53W

For those who haven’t checked it out in Google earth, this is what to expect:
Eye at 1,746km
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d651711b193.png[/atsimg]
Eye at 1,231km
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1fbf8a4e40d1.png[/atsimg]
Eye at 476km
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a5c5a861ead.png[/atsimg]
It's a pretty interesting find never the less.

Many kind regards

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
There is no doubt in my little mind that those lines are not a natural phenomenon.
Whether it's Atlantis, a part of Atlantis or another ancient city is irrelevant at this point and time.
The most important thing IMO is that it is H.U.G.E and it's at a place where no cities are supposed to be.

IT--

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
As water levels has risen there are many "Atlantises" around the whole earth.

As Humans (or other beings ;-) often live around the sea and on low parts of a country, the rising of the water level with about 300 meters did a world-wide "cover-up" of ancient cities.

Civilisation History is much older then we are being told, Atlantis itself may be a myth, but sunken civilisations are around all over the globe.
edit on 14-2-2011 by EarthOccupant because: Spelling

top topics

join