It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vilsack Clears Industrial Biotech Corn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Vilsack Clears Industrial Biotech Corn

blogs.desmoinesregister.com

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack today approved a biotech corn variety that was engineered solely for producing fuel ethanol. Companies that mill corn for breakfast cereals and other foods have been fighting the move for fear the grain will contaminate their supplies.

The corn, a product of Syngenta, contains an enzyme that reduces the cost of turning the grain into the biofuel. That same enzyme can make the corn unsuitable for some food products, including cereals and coatings on corn dogs, according to millers
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.seedsofdeception.com
www.organicconsumers.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Caught Red Handed! USDA Bee Extinction Study Kept Secret!
BREAKING: In a stunning reversal, USDA Chief Vilsack Greenlights Monsanto's Alfalfa 7

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Wow, will there never be an end to these seeds of destuction?!

Once pollen in the air it can travel miles on the wind, and further in pollination.

Even as the bees are dissapearing at an alarming rate, Monsanto buddy Vilsack is at bat for more GMO corn.

Last month, Vilsack angered many in the organic industry by clearing a biotech variety of alfalfa produced by Monsanto. Growers of organic and other non-biotech varieties of alfalfa worry that the Monsanto version will contaminate seed supplies.

Last week, Vilsack approved limited plantings this year of biotech sugar beets pending completion of an environmental study.

“USDA has failed to provide the public with sufficient scientific data on the economic impacts of contamination on food production, or information on how USDA will ensure Syngenta’s compliance with a stewardship plan,” said the millers association’s president,

Vilsack has a glowing reputation as being a schill for agribusiness biotech giants like Monsanto, flying in Monsantos private jet.

These guys better get busy building those citys with domes, as soon that will be the only place seeds are safe from GMO contamination!

blogs.desmoinesregister.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11-2-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I guess i will be sadly avoiding some foods now

Did you know if you read at the food store about the oranges if they are seedless, then they might be GMOs cause how can a normal fruit be seedless? by old farmer friend used to say all fruits should be with seeds if they have no seeds then they are no good.
edit on 11-2-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I agree, how could a non gmo orange not have seeds, unless its a
"hybrid" that they have developed that way?

I had some organic mandarins last month, they had no seeds.

Now you have done it, opened a can of worms.

Must do research on this...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I can't even think about GMO's anymore... it makes me so sad...

On a happier not Stalked, Starred and Flagged..
keep up the good work.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

S & F!

This is bad!!! It's Monsanto's roundup enzyme crops all over again. Everyone will think it's safe because it's only for Ethonol until it spreads and infects a crop and you cant tell the difference then it wipes out all natural forms of corn and we get stuck with this frankenstein corn that passes on frankenstein effects to everything.

Have we not learnt? Anyone attempting to justify this needs to first seriously look in to the history of a company called Monsanto.
edit on 15-2-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

They can change things attributes through selective breeding which should not be confused with GMO.

top topics

join