It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran media blackout - Protests Monday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Reports have started circulating that there is a media black out and some phones have been disconnected ahead of the planed protests for monday 14th january. People are being urged to protest and film events. The protesters will not be met with the same hospitality the egyptains got from the army.
Whilst internation attnention was on the Egyptain protests Iran executed political activists. Now it is Irans turn for protest.
How will Ahmadinejad spin smashing Monday's protest after weeks of calling for Mubarak to listen to his people.
The internet is heavily censored in Iran, the regime learnt it lessons. However it is still possible to circumnavigate the internet censorship pf restrictive regimes with tor networks, these work by contacting peoples personal computers outside Iran. This website explains how tor works and what you can do to help

www.accessnow.org...

Once to hide knowledge they burnt books now they block the internet

kx

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

THe good thing about modern day tehcnology, is its so hard to keep secrets. This will come bursting out, its the chain reaction that had been predicted to happend. One dictatorship pin after another falls to the bowling ball that is the people!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Once to hide knowledge they burnt books now they block the internet

kx

One of the more brilliant statements I've heard in a while.

You can bet that the first truly World Information War is brewing. We've seen it begin with Iran and Egypt, China and even our own country pressing ahead with both individual computer attacks on those using their rights to free speech as well as pushing for internet kill switches in the name of "security".

It really is ironic that a new dark age looms amidst the greatest knowledge in the history of this epoch of man.
edit on 11-2-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SpreadLoveNotHate

i hope so the iranian regime rule with an iron fist the country is heavily censored, there does seem to be a mood in the air though.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Iran is next! How can the protesters in Iran sit back and watch the people of Egypt successfully over throw their government. The Iran protesters failed months ago, but I think the Egyptian protest is going to give them the burning desire to resume protests until their government is over thrown. I think the Iranian people are much too proud a people to let Egypt show them up.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
All iran will do is mow down the protestors and use bulldozers to scoop them up and burry them in mass graves, like they have always done. They don’t care how many know. The more that protest, the more that get buried.

That is how a true dictator does it.

The mubarak person was a non violent person. All that atrocity stuff was just media hype, mubarak is not even in the same class as the Iranian dictators.

That is the problem that results out of making mubarak a boogey man. When they defeat them, they think they have actually did something, so it may give the initiative to do something really stupid.

If they try the same thing in iran, they will regret it.

edit on 11-2-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Unfortunately the people in Iran do not likely have a very clear idea of what is happening in Egypt. On the other hand, a friend of mine and I were talking about this the other day and I surmised that eventually some of the people involved in the happenings in Egypt would make their way into other less than free countries of the region and be able to provide some first-hand experience and suggestions.

Think about it, a successful revolution spawns other revolutions by the spread of the idea being able to work. Then some of those who brought it about go abroad and share what they did and soon it becomes a wave that overtakes dictators perched upon their sand-thrones...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This may be a little premature but It is starting to feel like we may be witnessing a worldwide revolution.
People are waking up en mass.
This whole thing is getting ready to blow wide open.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I believe that he praised the Egyptian uprising and stood behind those protests because he knows that it will usher in another Sharia state to strengthen the caliphate. They already have that in Iran so any uprising there will be dealt with the way sharia law deals with these things, death.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Im afraid that unfortunately these revolutions will probably end as soon as the dead line the streets. And , as mentioned above, Mubarak is Rebecca of sunnybrook farms compared to some of the tyrannical madmen on this planet.

This doesn't bode well, and may lull some into thinking these 'bloodless' revolts will be the wave of the future, when the reality may be just more bloodshed and death.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I assume you mean Monday February 14th not January 14th...this should be interesting if it is true that there is a protest planned.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

remember the old days, when we didn't have tv, radio, mobiles, internet, etc.? it can be just as successful to put your point across a community with the wonderful age old communication of Chinese Whispers... if Iranians want to have a big party like Egypt, I have no doubt a few heads would get smashed,etc and that would get on the international news... la la la la see Egypt.... I heard the next big movement could be Saudi Arabia... oooh the politics of that with the oil issues and all... perhaps in a couple of decades it will be China... same as Saudi, only with rare earth minerals (renewable energy life blood for wind turbines, electric cars, etc.)... political kindling

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

yes you are right i meant 14th febuary, which valatines day in uk. I wonder if it in Iran too... thank you for that..

kx

edit on 12-2-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Im not nit picking but did you mean February 14th? You have January...That makes no sense.

Well I have a co worker who has family in the middle east and she said they have sent her videos that are very disturbing of things that have gone on over there that is not being shown on the news. She was appauled by what she saw. Her family said there is a lot they are not showing on tv of the area and not just Egypt.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

i meant febuary was tired when i tapped it... iran is one place i would not want to protest. the people there are brave.

Iran, you are not alone. Anon pledges to Iranian cause

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Lol awesome.. Tell the world to support Egypts revolt and respect the demands of the people, except when t occurs in Iran.

lol

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
wow it is happening now if my sources are correct.

military is helping protestors

To All of the Green Movment. Millions are on the streets already

CALLER FROM IRAN : everyone is TOGETHER, THERE IS AN AMAZING SENSE OF UNITY AMONG THE PPL,

Thousands of protesters now marching in Tehran. Police has responded with tear gas. Police are attacking with batons

Tehran riot police fire tear gas, shoot paintballs at protester

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This won't end well for those on the ground in this. I just hope Obama doesn't embarass us again by deciding we need to remain neutral and let Iran (menaing the dictator in charge) decide what they want...

I just hope enough people get involved and that it gets enough traction that it becomes impossible for the Iranian gov't to hide and/or resist.

edit on 14/2/11 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Something just occurred to me……….

Normally, when a country launches a nuke attack, you can be guarantied that they will be wiped off the map by a retaliatory attack.

The question I have always had is……”how would a country try to defuse the MAD response?”

Well, the answer just dawned on me. If you make it look like the majority of your population is actively trying to overthrow you, why would you nuke the people that is fighting on your side?.

That would shift your response to a military one. When your military enters the city, then the protest will miraculously disappear and everyone will turn to fight the great satin

Or the government will miraculously fall and a new one will be quickly instated by the opposition which were in on the whole thing in the first place.

top topics

join