It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you feel like Having to Work is un-natural?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

Oh, I have to say, I fully agree. I think the "work ethic" should be supplanted with the "betterment ethic," plenum energy extraction methods should be released from Black Ops that we may get rid of money, and all the necessary work that no one wants to do should be done by robots, leaving us to our bliss and abundance.

For more on this, and both how and why it would work, please check out these treads, as well as my free ebook linked in my sig:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

....Anyway, all these profitable businesses and dollars, dollars, dollars do nothing for people. What really is the point to making money? Really? The point? To BUY things. iPods, iPads, multiple cars, multiple houses, video games, etc.....

No the REAL point is not about BUY things, it is about transfer your wealth (Labor) into the pockets of the bankers.

Over 40% of the national debt is owed to the Federal Reserve, another 5% to national banks and over 20% to "Foreign Interests" often international banks. Therefore, since 100% of your tax dollar goes to pay the interest on the national debt, at least 50% goes to the bankers who created that debt out of thin air.

Now what about everything you buy? The business loans, mortgage loans, credit cards... all of that has interest on money created out of nothing. What about the labor? all of that includes taxes and loans with interest paid to the bankers.

"A third of the cost of a gallon of gas is tax, half the cost of a pack of cigarettes and last I checked (20 years ago), there were 109 different taxes on a loaf of bread before you paid sales tax on the loaf and carried it home.' - JB Williams

"If people need any more concrete explanation of this, start with the staff of life, a loaf of bread. The simplest thing; the poorest man must have it. Well, there are 151 taxes now in the price of a loaf of bread — it accounts for more than half the cost of a loaf of bread. It begins with the first tax, on the farmer that raised the wheat..." - President Ronald Reagan [/e]

It is even worse than that!

"....These days, corporations seem to exist for the investment bankers.... In fact, investment banks are replacing the publicly held industrial corporations as the largest and most powerful economic institutions in America.... THERE ARE SIGNS THAT A VICIOUS spiral has begun, as each corporate player seeks to improve its standard of living at the expense of another's. Corporate raiders transfer to themselves, and other shareholders, part of the income of employees by forcing the latter to agree to lower wages. January 29, 1989
New York Times: LEVERAGED BUYOUTS: AMERICAN PAYS THE PRICE

And I have not event touched on wage deflation and price inflation which is a hidden tax.
You can see what I mean in this quote. After all a CEO would not allow HIS salary to be erroded by money devaluation!

In 1976 A typical American CEO earned 36 times as much as the average worker. By 2008 the average CEO pay increased to 369 times that of the average worker. timelines.ws...

If we could actually figure it out 50% to 75% of our labor is servitude to the banks and that is being conservative!

I detailed a lot more information on my "informational thread Bloodsucking Bankers

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomeBrew
Regardless of how you go about it, one must always 'work' for food, shelter, safety, ect. It's as natural as breathing. So, no. I do not feel it's un-natural in the slightest.

I disagree. See my post above for links to details (and my free ebook, linked in my sig).

It is, in fact, NOT "natural." Natural things are things we do without thinking or because they increase our bliss. They do not require us to wake up when our bodies don't want to. Unless it is to DIRECTLY acquire food, clothing and shelter, it is an unnatural, imposed system.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
OP You really should watch "Zeitgeist: Moving Forward" on youtube.

This amazing film was released theatrically to sold out crowds in 60 countries; 31 languages; 295 cities and 341 Venues. It has been noted as the largest non-profit independent film release in history and talks about this subject and explains why none of us need to be working long hours in brain dead jobs that are technically un- necessary or socially useless.
edit on 12-2-2011 by MisterMiyagi because: spelling error

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I think what is "unnatural" is that you miss out on so much being tied to working 9 to 5 or whatever the hours are. You have to take off work for school events, doctor appointments, funerals, weddings, whatever. It isn't natural to have to say "no, I can't go to your school play this afternoon because I have to work." I can relate to the OP. What is the solution?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Yes, I know exactly what you mean by un-natural.
It's because deep down in your soul, you know that it is not required to work - free energy is a fact - it exist, but is hidden from everyones benefit.
Right now in this time of history, we all need to be out there in the universe, exploring and contributing to the overall well-being of ourselves + universe.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I see where the OP is coming from and i am 100% with him. Basically what he says is not he don't want to work. What he says is: We live in a world where instead of ALL of us working as one for OUR prosperity, using our planets resources for good. Not making wars or anything of that kind and just push for our mental and technological advance. In that kind of world we would not need the type of life we now have.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

were all slaves.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I am a union bricklayer in ohio and make about 30.00hr.it is extremely hard work and very demanding as far as your skill and production .Making good money I left my trade for phonebook sales job and guarenteed 100,000.00yr.if willing to put in the work.Basically i lasted two weeks and begged for my constuction job back. My point is that sales is extremely stressfull and demands vey long hours.It feels unnatural becuase there is no balance between work and play.You have the choice to change your career if you want.just remember the grass isn't always greener on the otherside. good luck with everything. X

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I have been feeling the same way the last couple of years. Something has opened my eyes to the silliness of the whole work system that we are dependent on. I love my job and the job I had previously. (Pharmaceutical research and now biotech). But I have realized that we have become economic slaves. There is no time to spend with relatives or friends. We rush through our meager weekends to do what we like. If we go on a two week vacation, we have to wait months before we accrue enough personal time off to do it again. We barely spend time with our loved ones in the morning because we have to punch in on time or else we get reprimanded by our bosses. We get pulled over by the state revenue collectors and fined on our way to work. It's a silly game that plays out every single day.
Since we have become a global economy, we have to stay longer at work in order to meet the demands of people half way around the world. Another big factor for why we are feeling this way is that a huge chunk of our paychecks goes to taxes. If I would receive all of my hard earned money without being robbed by the government, I would be able to put money aside to create my own business and be my own boss. But no, we have to give billions of our hard earned money to prop up foreign governments with nothing to show for it. The government can audit us for our paltry salaries, but we can't audit the government?
Also corporate culture has become so ridiculous. A lot of those Dilbert cartoons actually echo the silliness of corporate culture. Although I love what I do, I hate that we have to be brown nosers/yesmen/lackies in order to get a good performance evaluation to receive that 25 cent raise.
I will admit that working allows me to buy nice things, but I am not materialistic. For me what is important is to have the time and the freedom to do what I want and spend more time with the people I care about.

Thank you for allowing me to rant a little.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
You keep saying that you're "not lacking in the finance department" so that means to me that you have more liberties than most people and have the means to change your ways. You can save up some money and start doing something else, invest it in something, be self employed. As a salesman you can work 4 hours a day top and make more than enough money to live. The only thing stopping you in this is experience (which you obviously have) and money which you also seem to have. Selling stuff is probably *the* easiest way to earn for a living if you're selling the right stuff, selling plastic toothpicks could get you more income than selling cars if you're good at it.
Other than that, I absolutely agree that working 8 hours a day is nothing short of slavery. I know people who travel to work 4 hours a day and work 9 hrs so thats 13 a day.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
100% agree with you OP!

I work security, and I have come to realize that this career field is horrible! ANY job where they NEED people to work 24/7/365(6) is a very poor choice for a career field. Why? Because I never have stable hours, I get to see my family usually once or twice a year (and they only live 6 hours away), the pay is without a chance of increase because it is set by contracts with the clients. This is the only real field I am qualified to do, because of my past work experience. I was in the Army, deployed to Iraq. Here, stateside, I did logistical work in the military. I CANNOT get a job in logistics because they all want someone with 8 or more years experience, or a 4 year degree. I have neither.

Work is horrible. No matter how much a person does, they are always told they need to do more. Actors, musicians, pro-athletes make more money than doctors, police, firemen, military. BUT WHY? These people that are super-rich do nothing to HELP the people in general. Police are people, too; don't forget they are getting paid (roughly) about 10$/hr above minimum wage, and they have families to support as well.

I would love to work only 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. Sadly, no job pays enough to do this, unless you are in a VERY good job. But then, they require you to work 40+ hours a week. Its stupid, and not necessary. What is so important that we must be slaves to time-clocks? OH YEAH- the business pocket-books. THATS WHAT.

We have all of these fancy robots doing some of the most mundane work... but what about the jobs lost to those robots now? These people are stuck going to McD's to flip burgers. Now they are making less, working more, and their spouses are being forced to work more too.

I started working when I was 15. That's a full 10 years work experience now. Plus my military experience is worth more than any civilian experience. (This is not saying civilian jobs are not as important, but if you have been in the military you know what I mean. For the rest- Military jobs are high intensity all the time. You screw up, you lose a LOT more than a week unpaid suspension. More like free manual labor forced on you, reduction in pay-grade, and a transfer to a different location if you still screw up.) And with all of this experience, I am still only making about $10/hr. I mean, I should be making about $15/hr easily... but I just can't find a place offering that money for what I have to offer. Just because I don't have a fancy degree does not mean I am not able to do the job. Why do I need a degree to make more money in security/law enforcement? It is not a scholarly career field... its a working career-field. That means you learn by doing, not by reading. No amount of reading can teach you more than what you learn working the job.

GGGGGRRRRRRR- I am just getting angrier the more I go in circles in my head. Oh well. I am off of here to get some sleep before work tonight. (Oh yeah... another great thing is I miss the days. I start work between 4pm and midnight normally.... so I rarely get to see any friends. That is not healthy either.)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Work is a very natural thing mate. Even the work that one does not like. It is necessary to do things we do not like because otherwise we would degrade very fast to a no coming back point. You think the garbage people really enjoy the garbage bins? And the examples can go on with the thousands.

What i think is best in these days, we still have a choice to go and do something we like even is less paid. I really think sales people are unhappy with their jobs. Hehe and i dont wander why is that
Only when i hear "target" i get crazy. So yes my friend, is un-natural to do something you really dont like only for the money.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Dear OP,

I really, really loved this post. It will inspire others to think. You've posed the kind of question that sheds some light on a situation most of us take for granted and no longer challenge.

What you are really asking is, "What is the purpose of life?" and "Is this all there is?" Because at the ripe old age of 24, you are working 12 hour days and not engaging yourself in other areas of exploration and true living.

You are right. We've become slaves to our jobs and to the system. I think that is by design from TPTB. We're made to be so busy, so overwhelmed, and in effect "dumb downed" that we are not really able to see what is going on in the world.

Many years ago, I realized the corporate life wasn't for me. I have tried vey hard to stay away from jobs that didn't engage me or inspire me. I don't have a lot of money because of it, but I've still managed to travel and have a good lifestyle. There is definitely a choice that you can make in this regard, but first of all, you need to commit to a philosophy that material items aren't your priority. We've all been brainwashed to believe that the man who has the most stuff---wins. Get to a place where you believe that the man who lives the most fulfilling life of ideas and values and love and time to explore--actually wins. Our most enlightened figures like Jesus and Buddha shunned personal goods for that of philosophy and spiritual understanding and they preached this wherever they went. The truly enlightened man needs nothing.

There are many ways to approach living this carefree way of life. You could talk to a financial planner and learn to save so that you can retire in your 40's. I know people who have done this by being very careful with their money and planning well. Or, you could just chuck your 100 hour a week job, do something that you love instead, and live with less.

But here's the catch: All men must have a reason for living, whether it's family, saving the world, finding their right livliehood, nature, writing, etc. "Working" is really just another expression of ourselves and we all must contribute in some way to our world by being of service---whether that's being a plumber, a mother, a doctor, a minister....whatever. Our tasks define our focus. You can't really get out of doing "something" as this is how we grow and express ourselves.

Thanks for posing this great question....

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think the time you have to work is pretty lame considering you can die tomorrow and have wasted so much of your life doing things you need to do but dont want to do - but thats what being an adult is all about - doing what you dont want to do.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

You spend 1/3 of your life asleep.
You spend 1/3 of your days training to work the remainder 2/3 of your life so
that you kick back and really enjoy those final 5 years before you snuff it.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomeBrew
Regardless of how you go about it, one must always 'work' for food, shelter, safety, ect. It's as natural as breathing. So, no. I do not feel it's un-natural in the slightest.

There is NOTHING natural about wearing a noose around your neck, sitting at a computer in a cubicle and shuffling paper. Ask the slaves who built the pyramid if they think work is natural and humane. Now ask the pharaohs the same question.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The problem isnt work its the HOURS required to have to work!!

5 eight + hour days? Why cant it be five 4 hours days? Or one 8 hours day three 4 hour days and a 3 day weekend??

I never understood the point of people who make all this money working 60-80 hours a week and NEVER have time to enjoy it with their family or themselves... Its pointless!!!!!! Your just making money for someone else to blow when you pass away lol.

SO imo we will always have to work but why so damn much??

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yes! I have always thought that. Granted you have to work some to feed your family, but if it wasn't for the elites and their greed wages would be much higher and hours would be a lot lower and we would all have time to "break" between workd days to re-energize. The elites don't want to give us time to think for ourselves though. That's why only the most motivated come on here to try to keep up with them....everyone else is too tired to think after work. The elites know this. Our workd makes them rich. We do the work and they think all day of reasons to raise taxes or dip into our childrens food money somehow, to rob us of it so we will have to work even more. Sometimes 2 - 3 jobs. Who will have time for extra school or college...who can afford it? They want you constantly working or preoccupied and stupid while their fat @sses sit around and just gorge off of your dime. I chuckle just a bit though when one chokes to death or has a heart attack from eating too much. Dick Cheney? I'm glad my hard work could feed his fat @ss. It looks like everyone he stole from ...you will pay them soon. He already has no pulse, a mechanical heart can only last so long.
edit on 12-2-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Many erroneously assume that the feudal system ended centuries ago and that there are no longer serfs and vassals however such an assumption couldn't be further from the truth. A primary example is the ownership of property - in other words, you don't own any! Nobody holds Allodial Title to anything, instead we hold Fee Simple Title which essentially means we don't actually own it, we own the permission to use it in exchange for ongoing fees and services to the holder of the true title. Sounds a bit like the Feudal System, yes? That would be because it is!

You see, marketing is a centuries old art mastered by royalty to keep the "Simple people" in the dark about the true system in which we voluntarily participate. When a group of people rise up against tyranny, the tyrants simple change the name of the system and the methods which they administer it. Simple look at "The United States of America". It is a corporation held in trust by a larger corporation known as the "British Crown". Each of the 50 states are corporate subsidiaries to the Federal Government with each county and municipalities being subsidiaries held in trust by each state. All of this is administered under maritime law, which is conveniently recognized as Uniform Commercial Code in the case of the United States. Common Law, rooted in the Magna Carta, runs parallel to Maritime Law but we unknowingly subjugate ourselves to the latter by "Contracting" with the corporations which in effect nullifies our protections under Common Law.

Without prattling on too deeply into the weeds on the subject I will simply state that the reason you feel that your "Work" is unnatural is because it is. "Work" to a truly free human is a mechanism so that one might enjoy the fruits or benefits of one's labor. However, the fruits and benefits of your labor benefit the lords and corporations before you get your "Share". In Feudal times, this was share-cropping and the laborers were serfs or vassals with a high percentage of the product of their labor going to the Lord or the Crown. Make sense?

So you see, the system hasn't changed for thousands of years. Only the names and methods of enforcing such a system has changed by using clever marketing strategies to fool the people into offering voluntary servitude into the system. Those who feel that the system is just or fair are either a.) Modern Lords or b.) too mired in the propaganda to undestand what has become of them.

I hope this helps you beter understand your recent awakening.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join