It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you feel like Having to Work is un-natural?

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I enjoy working, its a reason to get up in the morning, and the money is a bonus.
work is natural, since cavemen hunting they were working, were just hunting for money now

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by elfrog
I agree that having to "work" for money is unnatural and for the most part degrading.

Money replaced bartering, but the way money is created and controlled is where the conspiracy lies within.

Having someone else control your destiny is the worst part.

Only if you let them!

Survival of the fittest no longer applies.

In the animal kingdom brute strength, agility and speed rule supreme. In the human kingdom usually those who are best connected to power/influence and those who use their brain power more effectively than others. In each case survival of the fittest is extremely rellevant.

Step out of the way and let evolution do it's job.

I guess that depends on mass awareness of the important issues and how much influence "the masses" exert on the "elected politicians". Since corporations have more purchasing power than your average citizen and since the supreme court rulled "freedom of speech" includes financial support then its only natural corruption would become exacerbated!
edit on 25-2-2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
There is a difference between what we call "work" nowadays and the playfull integration into your life of providing shelter and food. Humans are not made to work. They are essentially made to play and learn while playing. If you go about providing for your essentials playfully, it becomes part of you. But its hard to go about it playfully in what we nowadays call "work". In essence, "work" is nothing but slavery, sweating to survive and help others survive with less sweat who are not family nor otherwise dear to your heart.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
yes it feels unnatural to be treated like a dog in a mind numbing job that pays #. to be reminded that you are inferior to narcissist assholes that think are smarter than you because they have more money than you. i got home today and cried like a little girl and it was the best i've felt this whole week.

it sucks to be born into absolute poverty.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lowki

Genuises are more likely to arise when children are surrounded by adults. Peers are merely a social distraction and don't give incentive to excel. Can learn much more spending time with active adults, since adults know so much more than child peers.

That is an amazingly profound statement!
And it should be so obvious too
enough so that homeschooling would be more prevalent....
But instead we spend a fourth of our years sitting around people of our own age -trying- to learn from one government paid elitist democratic adult who rules the classroom with an autocratic fist. Is this really the influence we want on our kids?

The most i've ever learned in one year was the year after I dropped out of college. I only read about things that interested me, and I learned way faster.

sorry if what i said doesn't make sense...the beers are starting to kick in.
edit on 26-2-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dystopiaphiliac
You can either work and be a part of human society or you can go live out in the woods hunting deer and wiping your back end with leaves.

Give me the leaves.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by St0mP121

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I think that at birth you should be given a fair plot of land that is yours when you turn 18 and you are free to do whatever it is you need.

1 acre per person aint bad.
Go to school do your things make your money, build your house or turn your land into a farm. sounds fair.

Right here is part of the problem. people forgot how to work for something or to earn something. everything has to be handed to them. they think just from birth something is owed to them. that has never been the case. its upto you to earn it work for it. you want that acre of land? work for it buy it. quit being so lazy and scared of work..

Lol this statement is so ridiculous....
So who owns the earth? The government? Should I have to pay the government for land? Or an individual who isn't even using it? Get real.
The first humans just went out and made whatever land they wanted their home.
People don't own the earth. If anything the earth owns people, we are slaved to the earth, not the other way around.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
We have a lot of delusional folks on this board who think living in the woods like pre-historic man is somehow cool and they should try it as well.

Just look at shows like "Ultimate Survival" or "I Should'nt Be Alive" to see how kool it really is....

Lol those shows are about as real as 'The Real World" or "Real Housewives of Atlanta".

As if someone who's planning to live of the land is going to go climb up mount Everest first....

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Survival of the fittest no longer applies.

In the animal kingdom brute strength, agility and speed rule supreme. In the human kingdom usually those who are best connected to power/influence and those who use their brain power more effectively than others.

And those who don't mind biting their lip, sucking up, being fake, or sabotaging others.

Oh is that what you meant by 'using your brain'?

It's a man-made system. And the same way man is flawed, so is the system.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
While reading this, I'm here bored at work as a multimedia designer. I agree with the OP, humans have evolved to a way that "work" has been unenjoyable to the extent that society has grown to be unequal. I just envy the rich and elite who do not have to work their ass off 8 hours a day. I agree that humans have to work to survive, but was not meant to work 8 hours a day continously. Man should enjoy work and play as well. Work in any career industry has been so demanding that employees are no longer happy in their work. But it still all boils down to the career you choose. That's why choosing a career is the most important decision in your life.

It's just fate that decides for you. Whether you are to be a businessman like Donald Trump, or a worker at WALMART.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

Originally posted by St0mP121

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I think that at birth you should be given a fair plot of land that is yours when you turn 18 and you are free to do whatever it is you need.

1 acre per person aint bad.
Go to school do your things make your money, build your house or turn your land into a farm. sounds fair.

Right here is part of the problem. people forgot how to work for something or to earn something. everything has to be handed to them. they think just from birth something is owed to them. that has never been the case. its upto you to earn it work for it. you want that acre of land? work for it buy it. quit being so lazy and scared of work..

Lol this statement is so ridiculous....
So who owns the earth? The government? Should I have to pay the government for land? Or an individual who isn't even using it? Get real.
The first humans just went out and made whatever land they wanted their home.
People don't own the earth. If anything the earth owns people, we are slaved to the earth, not the other way around.

Those are called property rights. Your not buying land from the government because the government only owns national/state parks and military bases, your buying the land from OTHER PEOPLE and using it within the constraints of the law.

Are there excessive laws and are they too constraining? I would say YES but that is another discussion entirely. Its called we want a smaller and a more caring government..........

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

We have a lot of delusional folks on this board who think living in the woods like pre-historic man is somehow cool and they should try it as well.

Just look at shows like "Ultimate Survival" or "I Should'nt Be Alive" to see how kool it really is....

Lol those shows are about as real as 'The Real World" or "Real Housewives of Atlanta".

As if someone who's planning to live of the land is going to go climb up mount Everest first....

I disagree. They are as real as real can be for a film-making scenario. You don't have to climb mount everest or be an ex-marine to know how to survive. All it takes is training and knowledge but I doubt this kind of life is for everyone.

Most people are city dwellers by design or they prefer it that way!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Our society has adapted to running off of pieces of paper, what can you do?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by strato

Mate, would you mind steering me in the right direction to do likewise? I've seen this thing before but never found anything I deemed genuine or down my alley.

(I tried sending you a private message but as a new member I cannot do this until I have posted 20 times, which btw I find unwelcoming and condemnable, ATS could use some lessons in manners/respect).

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

This is a very natural thing if you actually open your eyes and see how wealth is distributed. Most people see their co-workers more than their friends and loved ones. Now some people may not mind that and would rather be at work because the despise their homelife more, but most of us don't really think about it that way. I'd rather be on somebody's beach sipping a drink with a little umbrella in it or going off to some distant land and observing other cultures. Instead im doing 40 hours a week in the same place...everyday. Life is too short(and we only have one)to put in 30, 40, or more years making someone else rich and wealthy while they get to do exactly the thing I'd rather be doing. Wealthy people usually aren't the day to day operators of their company they let their CEO and COO's handle that which leaves them with ample time to travel over seas and see things we wish we could. The point im making is this so this doesn't sound like a tangent because I absolutely admire the time they, for lack of a better word, afford themselves to live life. So how do you get away from "work" and get what is more important and finite..."time". Well you won't get it working a 9-5 unless you do like the current CEO's and work for 5 years and get a multimillion dollar parachute. The key is cashflow. Money that comes in when your working, when your sleeping, when your sunbathing, when your eating, when your tweeting, or any other "when your" you can think off. Investments are y well to do people have the time they desire. They dont "work" for their money i.e. punching the clock. Whether its real estate and rental income, stock dividends, starting your own business(not self imployed there is a difference), and many other means of having money come in that you don't have to punch the clock for. I use my finite time daily to find ways of bringing in cashflow that pays me regularly without me having to punch the clock for it. I still am working my 9-5 now but I own rental property that comes in monthly like clockwork amongst other investments and I plan on in the next 2-3 years going aquiring real estate full time that doesnt take but a few hours to find. So to make a long post short the key to escaping the unnatural grind of the 9-5...cashflow

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cashvillian

Very well put, but normally you need a financial backbone to get started, otherwise you will still end up working 8 hours a day and five days a week just to survive. Those that are young and already wealthy are either extremely gifted individuals or they build on their families prior success.

There is no way you can do everything with a small/medium paycheck and I don't care what job you have.....

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Agreeing with the OP. I can see that the post wasn't really about work itself, but the nature of work. Working to plant and harvest your own food is one thing, but the way society's set up is just stupid. You work at least 8 hours a week to earn the money to get the things that matter to you: a nice home, healthy food, the ability to support children and have a family. But then you have all these things and can't benefit from them because you're so busy working. Most of your life is spent away from all the things that are important because you're so busy working a job to sustain them. You have a nice home that you spend no time in and a family that you only see for a couple hours in the evening and on weekends. Then you do this during all your healthy, youthful, attractive years... then you retire when you're old, heading toward unhealthy years, and your kids have moved away and have families of their own. So you can finally enjoy life when your life is about to end and you're too old or unhealthy to really do anything. And before that, as children, we spend just as much time at school. From toddler years at preschool, to graduating college at around 22, then until you're in your 60s or 70s.

It seems like it should be the other way around... that you spend at least 8 hours a day with your family and doing what you love, enjoying your nice home, then you work for a few hours in the evening and maybe a couple days a week to sustain it. What's the point of having all this nice stuff if you're never around to enjoy it? It's not that work seems unnatural, it's that our culture's idea of work is illogical.

Someone mentioned living off the grid. Sure, you could do that. Heck, there are a lot of communes that you can join that have it all figured out for you. However, a lot of people in those communes blog about how they're trapped because the little money they do make by selling goods or whatever, goes back into their commune. You still need funds to repair your home, to buy seeds to garden, to feed livestock, etc. You also need clothing and such. What if you want more? And that's the thing. You either have a nice home, nice clothing and are very comfortable... but are never home to enjoy it -- OR, you're home all the time and working the way you were designed (gardening, etc.), but your lifestyle isn't going to be anything near what's considered comfortable by most people. I don't think people should have to make that sacrifice. I think people should have the best of both worlds, and I think that's what the OP feels is unnatural about the current system (correct me if I'm wrong).

The only point I disagreed on was the complaint that not everyone can go to school to get a job that they love. There's always a way to go to school and to do what you love. I know it feels impossible, but a lot of poor, single mothers work and go to school. You see commercials about it all the time. Watch the movie Homeless to Harvard. Or take it from me. My mom had cancer and couldn't work to support us. We were homeless for a while until I was old enough to work. I was accepted into a college at the age of 14, but couldn't go because we lost our home and were moving around just trying to get our lives together. As soon as I was 16, I was working. My home school transcript wasn't enough for some people, so I got my GED. Waited until I was 18. Had the choice to work in a hospital in the cafeteria while they trained me to be an STNA, then work as an STNA while they paid for my schooling to become an RN, provided that I agreed to work at their hospital for X amount of years. I couldn't do that because my mom had a recurrence and I had to take care of her while she died. So now, I'm going to college in my early 20s and making it on my own. There's always a way, even if it takes years. Sure, it's annoying that I could've been in college at 14 and now I'm actually LATE going to college and one of the older people, but I'm just grateful that I'll end up doing what I love. It is a struggle, but I'll do anything to just get through school. Almost any adult can, it just might take some time.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cashvillian

Well. You pretty much just changed my life.

I'd never thought of it that way, but it's so obvious now. You're absolutely right. The key is making money while you're doing what you love, but most people translate that to "make money while you work a job that you love." Including myself until I just read your post.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This is an interesting topic, it brings me to something i have discussed with my peers here in afghan. growing up as we go through schooling every subject we are in, every class, shapes us to what we will be when we get older and grow up. As we go on through our schooling career it gets more into detail, ie. in high school we have ROTC, Economics, Physics, Auto Technology, Agriculture, etc. so in a way working is indeed very un-natural, from a young age we are brain washed into what we will be doing as we get older, our Gov. wants us to work because working makes money which makes taxes which in the end will give them money to spend on what ever they want.

if this was brought up before please forgive me, i did not read all the replies.

Our gov. sadly has a lot of control over the people, they say it's the "people's" government, is that our opinion or theirs?

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join