It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Godevil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnSmith880

John wth. You've spammed like 4 threads with exactly the same post?

edit on 12/2/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetEzekiel
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

There is nothing wrong with his Plan.

Man is unruly, we get out of hand every now and then and need some retuning. We are constantly becoming a better species.

Its been a billion years,when will the better species come out.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

Originally posted by ProphetEzekiel
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

There is nothing wrong with his Plan.

Man is unruly, we get out of hand every now and then and need some retuning. We are constantly becoming a better species.

Its been a billion years,when will the better species come out.

Ofcourse when everybody have worshipped, grovelled or repented enough.

Until then it's mankind's own fault. Possibly also 'Satan's fault depending on how masochistic you are.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

When the human race was connected to GOD , Divine Source and not the flesh we did not have to judge and feared nothing , we were divine too , omnipotent.

"You're making an unverified absolute claim."

The Zep Tepi of Khemet; called aegypt by the greeks , the greeks themselves called it the golden age. The Hindu vedic texts speak of the yugas , Satya Yuga , Treta Yuga , Dvapara Yuga and our yuga , the kali Yuga the lowest and the last of the yugas. The Satya yuga coresponding to the golden age , when all mankind had extremely long lifespans and knew only good and all had supernatural powers. In Bhuddism Nirvana is the goal , it is cessation of kharma , thus suffering and it is union with the supreme being in a total state of bliss and one-ness with everything; you know all feel all etc , you're omni , in this state you are free from sorrow , nothing can harm you.

Judeo christianity tells us we were perfect , we had power over the earth and all it's creatures. We acted outside the karmic cycle thus we were without blame nor sin and were immortal. The fall came when we disobeyed and ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and the karmic cycle began. Even Jesus said our bodies are the temple of God , but god will not enter an unclean temple or vessel.

"The implicated condescension in "figure it out" says a lot. Your value-system isn't exactly very rational, 'proved' or functional. Basically you're preaching now."

These three things ; yourself , other beings and the natural world determine the outcome of events in this world , very rational , proven and functional. You and all sentient beings have freewill , even a slave. Your actions collide with other beings actions and vice versa in the dynamic medium of the natural world. Sometimes conflict arises , sometimes agreement or neutrality arises. I said "figure it out" , as in to stop and think about what is causing your suffering , only as a word of advice , not to condescend , I'm sorry if I have. An example , before the discovery of penicilin people suffered and died from infections , had Alexander Fleming not "figured it out" who knows?

edit on 12-2-2011 by De La Valletta because: My paragraphs are'nt cming out right , sorry.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Well if God's "plan" doesn't align with our own "plan" does that make him evil?

There is no "Good" and "Evil" in the grand scheme of things, these are moral labels created by humanity and completely subjective to the observer.

That ties in to people and their "sense of entitlement" (getting what they want when they want it).

What I was trying to say is that it seems as though people like to blame God for everything but if you get down to the root of it, its because at some time in their lives, they asked him for something they wanted and it wasn't given to them.

Yes that is a common trap, especially given the way the concept of God is taught to the average layman.

Consider this:

Are you a parent? If your child wants to eat chocolate chip cookies all day, do you let them? But what if that's what they really, really want? As the child's parent, don't you know what's best for them? Now as the child, won't you be upset that you didn't get your way? As the parent, aren't you able to see the bigger picture - that you're just doing what's best for them, even if they may not understand it?

I don't consider God to be some kind of cosmic parent watching over everything I do and playing a personal hand in my upbringing. Not in the way you're trying to suggest anyway.

I will say this, the bigger picture isn't about what's best for us, at least in terms of us equaling mortal human life.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by De La Valletta

You wrote:

["I said "figure it out" , as in to stop and think about what is causing your suffering , only as a word of advice , not to condescend , I'm sorry if I have."]

I 'stopped to think' (along the lines you recommend), app. 45 years ago, and I have been both 'thinking', doing and 'practising' since then.

And my conclusion of all this is, that parroting doctrines is a waste of time, as is preaching in general.

A mindset so full of itself, that it needs to push positivistic theist absolutes, has missed a point:

"Expanding human knowledge and understanding (as in e.g. gnosis), doesn't mean you have to turn off the intellect and common sense".

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Quikslvr

I think those who do not act are getting these voices which will make them do the work needed. Their consciousness will set everything straight. One thought it to be. It will be what we least expected, they'll let themselves sink deeper in their pit of inaction. There's nothing that makes them strong. They already went over the line to kill for it.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I am compelled to write this again, the Gnostics actually thought that our world is created by Satan, all in this materialistic world of ours needs to be destroyed according to them.

Also the Gnostics said that the Earth is probably Hell, people don't see it but when you read the "holy texts" it describes a place of suffering and pain to me they are clearly pointing at our world today.

And about organized religions today, the Gnostics have despised them because the Gnostics believed that those religions don't know who the true God is instead it is Satan that they are worshiping. The views of the Gnostics are very possible given all the contradictions given in all those "holy" books.

If you want to know more you can start by reading here.

The Gnostics have different sects each slightly different from the other but they have the same goal, to achieve Gnosis, the knowledge to escape this materialistic world created by the Demiurgos

You can see many Gnostics being persecuted by other religions throughout history, the reason is this religions feared Gnosticism and it's teachings. One example of this are the Cathars, they are the most peaceful people, they hated materialism, they are vegetarians and everything else but the Catholics saw them as a threat that they have to exterminate them.
edit on 15-2-2011 by Lateralussicksicksick because: Had to correct some wrong syntax

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lateralussicksicksick

besides nature all that is created being the will of Satan. It is probably this you mean. All of the things we can do without being thought of by Satan. I strongly believe the world being created by God. But all we've made in it lacks divine intelligence.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Oh created by God? What God do you believe in? Jehovah? The most evil God that you could ever think of? Are you one of those that supports Abraham?

Let's take for example the story of Cain and Abel, Cain offered "God" fruits and vegetables that he had grown himself and Abel offered slaughtered animals, guess who got the favor of "God"? Of course it's Abel, don't you think this "God" is somewhat Evil? Rejecting a man that grows his own food for his own good and favors a man that slaughters other of this "God's" creation? Don't you think the "God" you revere so much is Satan?

I don't think you would be able to see that unless you move yourself away from those religions. Those religions are dead, they have long been dead but people still follow them, those people who still follows a dead religion is beyond me, I can't understand them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join