It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack The Ripper case solved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
www.grassyknoll.homestead.com...

When I think of London, England of the late 1880's it evokes a surreal picturesque life of people walking down wet cobblestone roads. Of romantic horse and carriage transports adorned with the warm ember glow of gas lanterns. Of thick, cool, damp fog rolling in enveloping the entire city rolling down every street and blind alley. Of prostitutes dressed in frilly colorful gowns walking the streets flirting with every man who would happen to fancy them. And of course, I think of Jack The Ripper. The most gruesome and infamous serial killer London has ever known. He would seek out the comfort and companionship of the ladies of the evening and then brutally murder them by neatly carving the victims into pieces with surgical precision. In just several short months, Jack The Rippers reign of terror killing spree elicited more press in London than ever before. Scotland Yard was utilizing every available man and resource to solve this case before another murder occurred that would assuredly incite more panic from the townspeople of London. Then one day, the murders stopped abruptly. No one was ever brought to justice. Every lead was a dead end. The town of London started to return to normalcy.

MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by Banshee]

[edit on 15-7-2004 by xtap59]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I cant get the link to work. But ive heard of some suspects that Scotland yard thought might be Jack the Ripper. There was one I Kosminski I think his name was that ended up in a insane asylum. Then the killings stopped as the police gave up there search in less time then two of the murders were committed after that guy was put away . I was like they knew the guy was cuaght or something very fishy.

Intresting thing I was wacthing a show about Johnny Deep on TV a few minutes ago and it turns out he was quite obsessed with jack the ripper reading about him all the time staring in a movie ''From Hell'' about jack the ripper. He even named his son Jack after the ripper

Also deep means idiot in german

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
A woman ''Jill the Ripper'' Its a interesting theory though I would like to see it back up with some more evidence. Its a nice story but they dont show any sources about the information. Also It would not explain the polices giving up the search way to soon for the killer that fact tends to make me believe they new more then they were letting on.

Good find its the first Ive ever heard of that theory

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by Banshee]

My bad. It was my article and my thoughts. I posted it in it's entirety so the readers didn't have to link off the site.

LOTGK

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
That was a really good article. Not much evidence to support the theory though, most of it just seems to be guesses. Jack the Ripper is very fascinating though, especially considering if the same crimes were commited today he/she probably wouldn't have gotten away. I still think that "Jack" was a man though...

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I think it was Walter Sickert. Read the book by Patricia Cornwell. Very convincing evedence IMO...

www.bbc.co.uk...
www.casebook.org...
www.patriciacornwell.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Walter Sickert has more evidence against him than any one else I've seen. He certainly wrote some of the letters. He had the motive, opportunity, and fit the profile. Gull would be my other choice.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowXIX

Hi Shadow/

The name Kosminski triggered this article I remember reading.

Aaron Kosminski Reconsidered Robert House In the summer and fall of 1888, an elusive and mysterious killer terrorized the city of London, killing prostitutes in the streets of Whitechapel, before finally disappearing into the shadowy fog of history. Since that time, the identity of ‘Jack the Ripper’ has remained a mystery and a subject of heated debate among students of the case. Evidence that may have once existed has disappeared over time,

Source

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

i agree, i read the book too and its rather unnerving how much evidence is against this guy.

He had all the reasons to do it and it has been proven he wrote some of the letters.

patricia cornwell spent literally millions of her own dollars investigating this. she was ex-phorensics i think.

[edit on 20-7-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I cant get the link to work. But ive heard of some suspects that Scotland yard thought might be Jack the Ripper. There was one I Kosminski I think his name was that ended up in a insane asylum. Then the killings stopped as the police gave up there search in less time then two of the murders were committed after that guy was put away . I was like they knew the guy was cuaght or something very fishy.

Intresting thing I was wacthing a show about Johnny Deep on TV a few minutes ago and it turns out he was quite obsessed with jack the ripper reading about him all the time staring in a movie ''From Hell'' about jack the ripper. He even named his son Jack after the ripper

Also deep means idiot in german

Uh.. you know his name is Depp right... Johnny Depp...

new topics

top topics

join