It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak's Assets Frozen By Swiss Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Mubarak's Assets Frozen By Swiss Government

www.huffingtonpost.com

Switzerland has frozen assets that may belong to Hosni Mubarak, who stepped down as president of Egypt on Friday after 30 years of rule, the foreign ministry said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
First he lost his position as president, then he lost his country and now by the look of things he might have lost a portion of his wealth. They say bad luck comes in threes, in this case it might just be true.
This man has a lot of money tens of billions it going to hurt, but really whos money is it. I am guessing it took if from the country and if that is the case then it deserves to be taken back from him. That is too much money for one person to have anyway. It is just plain silly...

kx

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It won't hurt him.

My question is... are we going to get some of our money back? ... of course I'm kidding.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

The elite and those in power always have Swiss bank accounts.
While the average Joe is lucky just to have some money in their local bank.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Doctrine of Odius Debts - wiki

In international law, odious debt is a legal theory which holds that the national debt incurred by a regime for purposes that do not serve the best interests of the nation, such as wars of aggression, should not be enforceable. Such debts are thus considered by this doctrine to be personal debts of the regime that incurred them and not debts of the state.

Sri Oracle

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The Swiss Govenment barely gave a reason for freezing Murabak's assets. I am happy to see they don't need a reason.

BTW are we sure Mubarak is really not in Cairo - is he really gone? I know that sounds idiotic but that's been in my mind all day - not sure why? Who was a witness to his leaving?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

This is fascinating, and a stunning act by the Swiss, if true.

Seems at odds with the famous reputation of "neutrality" they've had for so long. Interested to see how this twist may play out.......

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

This is fascinating, and a stunning act by the Swiss, if true.

Seems at odds with the famous reputation of "neutrality" they've had for so long. Interested to see how this twist may play out.......

Nah, the Swiss banking industry has been reigned in a few times lately..
It's why the crooks also have accounts in the Cayman Islands and a few other places we are yet to hear of..

I'd bet he didn't have that much in Swiss accounts.
Too easy to get at nowadays..

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

The Swiss banking system is, well odd… It’s a pure PR. stunt by a country w/more then it’s share of “dubious persons, client’s, et el.” Good gracious even the occasional “paper country”. I am thrilled he won’t “skate” w/ the gazillions we gave him. But of course it would only be logical he has other accounts, w/paper names, or just number’s. It’s not just the Swiss who give persons who are frankly criminals the ability to bury true sources of fund’s. The money from the USA, OUR TAX MONEY, has likely vanished, in a bank account on Mars, or the equivalent, meaning just try to find it… It makes me angry we (Americans) have to “bribe”; and pay through the nose for tyrant’s to keep them selves from being “removed”. Sure, I do give credit where its due. He DID help keep the religious fanatics from the Presidential Palace. But we prefer stability to all else, period. As we have seen SO many times, it can come back to bite us.

I do pray a serious, SECULAR for God’s sake, government takes power. The Islamic “Republic” Q: Why do nations w/the words “Peoples Democratic (anything)” NEVER ARE? Needless to say, “Republic" and “Islamic" are a contradiction of words. At least in the case of Iran. It shouldn’t be, but it is. I wish only the very best for the very kind, and decent people of Egypt. The common belief that the people of many Arabic countries “LEFT TO their OWN devices are generous and kind is not a myth. Most indeed are. These people have suffered so much under his regime. God, they need a break. I hope they get one. All the very best Egypt. Designing a new country, is perhaps the greatest adventure, at least re: statecraft. You will be able to tell your grandchildren you were there. Wow. Do take care...

PS: Love the Kitty...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Good for the Swiss.

The more and more I think about this I think the entire plan of the Egyptian revolution was solely to take away the wealth and power of one of the richest people in the world, Mubarak. They keep saying Egypt was the heart of the Arab world, that means he was a key power player in the entire Middle East, probably somewhere equal to Saudi royalty.

Egypt has the Suez Canal, Mubarak had to have made a lot of his money just like Noriega did in Panama. He also takes 50% of the profits from large Egyptian companies, which means he owns all the large Egyptian companies. He was a giant in TPTBland the only reason he stepped down was because he lost control of his military. Why? Because the U.S. ultimately controls the Egyptian military through our hand-me-down project and we wanted him out without a war. So, our CIA used something Mubarak probably knew nothing about. The Internet. The CIA planted a couple seeds with plans and information against Mubarak and the Egyptian people took it from there because it was their only opportunity for freedom and democracy.

This Internet social media revolution is probably what we are planning to do in Saudi Arabia when their King dies, which will be pretty soon, because we supply them with weapons/military aid also. The people there want a democracy too. However, the Saudi King has done a lot better employing people and sharing his wealth, although his family probably still has as much if not more than Mubarak family did.

We are probably also tried and still are trying to do this in Iran, only Iran is a much tougher situation because we don't supply their military one bit. They could be saving Iran for the next false flag and full out war once Afghanistan and Iraq are subdued with their people in the right state of mind and their military is properly trained and ready to fight along side us.

edit on 11-2-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Hey! Money isn't everything. He could have lost his life instead. Perhaps, he was "spared" if he let go of his wealth. After all, one cannot take money to heaven, right?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Is having your assets frozen similar to having your testicles put on ice!?
The Egyptian peoples victory is our downfall as this is almost certainly the beginning of WW3. Democracy in the middle east!? What absolute nonsense...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
What the heck is this world coming to
A bad guy can't count on the Swiss anymore these days... He should have put it into the Cayman Islands...

I mean a dictator works hard to siphon off that money ya know... and the Swiss smile and tell you they will keep it safe, but at the drop of a hat just lock it up and go NAH NAH NA NAH NAH!!

'Iraq to recover Millions from Saddam Lawyer's Swiss Account"

"...the country's assistance in the finding and freezing of terrorist and Iraqi assets"

"..Swiss Show More Readiness To Freeze Assets of Despots; Ceausescu and Noriega Are Latest Targets"

NO ONE Is safe...

"Swiss bank freezes Julian Assange"
lbtest.abovetopsecret.com...

Nice...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
If you exposed all these 'secret' banks and there account holders, drug lords and politicians around the world would be exposed.

And these 'banks' have been making money off these deposits for 30 years+.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

"Swiss bank freezes Julian Assange"

Wow, well that's a novel way to treat someone wanted for questioning..

Do they thaw him out before question time?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Looks like our Egyptian little friend may be having some difficulties... soon the big question is: will he be enjoying the delights of social housing and welfare... then again perhaps not as that was never implemented in Egypt when he was president...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Thanks for the great news Purplemer, I hope the other countries with less than open banking systems follow suit, 40 to hundreds of billions???of dollars flooding back into Egypt will help to kick start the chances of a proper civil democracy taking root over there.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

Thanks for the great news Purplemer, I hope the other countries with less than open banking systems follow suit, 40 to hundreds of billions???of dollars flooding back into Egypt will help to kick start the chances of a proper civil democracy taking root over there.

yes it is, but the proof is in the pudding lets see if they get there money back. its a lot of money..

kx

top topics

join