It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Geological Survey says magnitude-7 earthquake shakes southern Chile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
just found out about this, cant find a lot on it at the moment.

SANTIAGO, Chile - The U.S. Geological Survey says a magnitude-7 earthquake has hit southern Chile. There is no immediate word on any injuries or damage. The USGS says it struck Friday afternoon about 30 miles (45 kilometers) north of the city of Concepcion at a depth of 11 miles (18 kilometers). Shaking was felt in the capital, Santiago. The epicenter is near the site of a massive quake and resulting tsunami that killed at least 521 people and left 200,000 homeless a year ago

article.wn.com...

Meanwhile Emergency officials said the quake would not trigger a tsunami

ofwnow.com...

A richtor 7 is pretty big, have not heard of any deaths. lets hope it stays that way..

kx
edit on 11-2-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

The epicenter is near the site of a massive quake and resulting tsunami that killed at least 521 people and left 200,000 homeless a year ago

What was the size of the quake in that location last year - did I miss that? It was populated then I hope not now as a 7.0 quake would be very bad.

Will return if I have follow up or to find out if others do.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
wow thats pretty big and it did alot of damage last time a big quake struck will come bak as more information unfolds i hope and pray that no one was hurt or killed

thanks

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
it looks like there was no damage or injuries or deaths in this quake as reported here
which is great to hear

online.wsj.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Please post information about this latest quake and all the aftershocks in this earlier thread about the 6.8 Chilean quake.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join