It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does God hate the sinner and love the sin?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Why does God hate the sinner and love the sin?

My premise is rather simple. God, if the above were not true, would not give infinite punishment for a finite sin and that hell is definitely against this scripture.

Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Hell is definitely not overcoming evil with good. Hell is an evil place and if God somehow uses it to overcome evil, he is reversing the interpretation of this quote.

I know that scripture says that God loves the sinner and hates the sin. I have reversed this to opposite way but to read it or believe it as written in scripture would be a tad silly I think.

If God loves the sinner and hates the sin then one would expect that the sin would have God’s wrath and that the sinner would keep God’s love.

The opposite is of course what happens.

The sinner is the one that god shows his wrath to when he sends him or he to hell.
Sin, what God supposedly hates, and presumably in Satan’s control, are left to go about creating a hell penalty for the next bath of sinners that God loves yet consigns to hell.

Something is either wrong with God, the notion that he loves sinners and hates sin or my view that god hates what he punishes and that is the sinners that he is said to love.

I admit that I could be wrong and invite you to straighten out my thinking if you think me wrong. Just show where my logic is taking the wrong turn please.

As I have tried to show; to read the quotes and scripture as written is illogical. Reversing them seems to make more logical sense.
Let us reason together.

Should I read them as given in scripture or should I reverse them to make logical sense?

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Since everything in this world is Bas Ackwards, you might as well reverse that also....

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
you should always try your best in believing what makes the most logical sense to yourself.
At least if you're wrong, or you were to get corrected in the future, you'd be in a better position to do so.

Go ahead, believe in something different, so that when it gets questioned, you have an answer. If the answer is different from another, that leads to conversations.

Example of what isn't gonna be a conversation:

person A: "so why do you believe that?"
person B: "i dunno..."

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
"Hell" is a state of mind within your own life on Earth. You do bad things, you suffer the consequences. This is somewhat Karmic (if you believe in Karma), in that what you do now affects what you experience later, be it in this life or the next. Karma is not simply a predictor of the results of reincarnation, but also a guide for your current life--do evil, and evil will come to you in this life. No one gets away with it. Rolo Tomasi (sp) doesn't exist. Doing evil will eventually bite you in the posterior in the end (no pun intended).

And that is why it will eventually be defeated. Once people wake up, they'll realize the only thing that matters is taking care of each other. No religion, and no government--no institution--is necessary for us to love each other. It is up to each person, when they wake up in the morning, to ask, "How can I help those who ask?"

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The OP is based upon a straw man, therefore it cannot be addressed. The Bible doesn't present God this way, so at best your OP is arbitrary conjecture, at worst deceitful.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thanks all.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

join