It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul CPAC 2011 Speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Ron Paul gives a fiery speech about our insane foreign policy.

Ron preaches the message of liberty like a southern baptist minister calling down the wrath of god on big government in this epic speech of power.

Double bonus feature, Rand Paul’s CPAC speech:

edit on 11-2-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Was gonna post but did a search. The only thing I didn't understand was the 10% thing at the end? can you elaborate?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Ron Paul is a Saint.

He is a true Revolutionary. Look to him for guidance in the near future. He will guide you Truly.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Thanks, it's long so I'll watch it later..

I have never seen a bad speech from Ron Paul...
He voices the true thoughts of the people IMHO...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

That was a bit confusing when he said that.... but what i think he was suggesting was a way to get a grip on the national debt, and this would be the ONLY tax. Not to mention end all kinds of social programs currently available.

Although i think it was just an idea. If i was him I wouldn't have any kind of income tax. I would have a flat national sales tax, and increase tariffs on imports and use those to run the country. Not only will that save us some money, but it would strengthen our economy by bringing industry back into the US instead of relying on countries like china for goods. just my $0.02 on it.

It was just an idea of his though. That is the only thing that bugged me. He made a powerful speech like he always does. I hope he runs in 2012.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Was gonna post but did a search. The only thing I didn't understand was the 10% thing at the end? can you elaborate?

He's picking an arbitrary number that he feels would adequately serve the needs of the government and the public.

Basically he's saying the government should never take more than 10% of anyones wages, and it should never spend more than 10% of GDP.

Right now the government takes about 20% of GDP and spends about 40%.

We are basically halfway to a fully communist centrally planned economy.

A 10% drag on the economy to provide security and court services is excessive in my opinion, but that's a hell of a lot less than we have right now.

In the end it doesn't really matter, because as he says, the dollar and our federal government is going to go away very soon. Right now commodities are up 40% in the past six months. We will have at least a 300% devaluation of the dollar over the next few years in terms of commodities and energy prices.

When that happens, the federal government will become defunct.

edit on 11-2-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I hope he runs too. He didn't have nearly the support he does now the last time he ran, and he was still setting records in terms of financing. I think if he ran he would have a real shot. It would be a battle because he wouldn't be giving speeches in front of AIPAC but it would be interesting. Sometimes its the idea that matters more than anything.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Meh, Michael Badnarik would get my vote. I think he had a heart attack though and I am not sure if he is going to run.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
Meh, Michael Badnarik would get my vote. I think he had a heart attack though and I am not sure if he is going to run.

lol, I dont know who that is. A good heart is the first thing you should look for though. Unless its Cheney.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Ron was the only candidate who I ever sent a check...I was not happy when he was made fun of during the debate" :Sir; a question as to your electibility?"Do you have any" was a cheap shot.

I would also support Badnarik I f he was healthy enough to run. I have no qualms voting "third party".In fact I would offer contributions to most any libertarian candidate. No more dems or repubs for me: "ever"...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

lol, I dont know who that is. A good heart is the first thing you should look for though. Unless its Cheney.

Michael Badnarik: His constitution class is well worth the time ( and will make liberals heads explode); take a Saturday; call for take out; and "do" these you will be hooked after the first one anyway.

edit on 12-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I wIsh he would run again in '12. We needed someone like him years ago. I am afraid that now it may be to little to late.
We are heading for a cliff with no breaks. I pray that I am wrong but am afraid that I am right.
The only way I can see to get back on track is to stop ALL entitlement programs and still have every one who ACTUALLY pay taxes, to give 20% of their income.
That OR EMPLEMENT THE "FAIR TAX" www.fairtax.org...
This way EVERY ONE would pay taxes even those here illegly.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Dude, I am on to your slick tricky words and have just one question?
Does Ron Paul worship Satan?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite

Originally posted by backinblack

Dude, I am on to your slick tricky words and have just one question?
Does Ron Paul worship Satan?

Worse.

He thinks Jefferson was right about central banks.

new topics

top topics

join