It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Golden Dawn Orders... Anyone have experience with them.. few questions...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Interesting. Why do you say this exactly, my friend? I have heard this from some other people in regards to joining these Esoteric/Mystery Schools/Bodies. They also advise that I study on my own, perhaps with a mentor, rather than joining these Orders. But I am curious, what is your opinion on this and why do you say this? Have you had any experience in this regard? Or do you know of someone who has, where you can explain their experience/story to me? In what way will they "use" me, as you put it? Thanks!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Thread starter,

Based on your comments you seem to be prone to the Western mystery traditions. BOTA is an excellent resource for personal work and study. Initiations are an important part of understanding tradition and practical application of everything you are learning about. Modern Golden Dawn orders seem to have similar problems as the original had and these groups do not have lineage to the original so be careful and do your own research to understand the history of these groups.

An excellent book on personal "occultism" is Western Inner Workings by William G. Gray. In regards to personal vs group work it might be worthy here to remind everyone as Blavatsky states that evolution occurs both inward outward and outward inward. You need to balance yourself on the middle pillar and it might do some good to have a little of both. I've seen many great authors and books in this thread and it makes me smile to know many more people share similar interests.

Someone stated their wife enjoys Blavatsky but considers herself a Thelemite. I cannot say there is anything wrong with that but Blavatsky would very much disagree with much of what the Golden Dawn did. You can read about it in her own words. The following article is of particular interest and pretty much takes shots at a LOT of these current orders that have popped up all across the world this past century.

www.blavatsky.net...

One last thing. There is a very good website from a free study group that meets in Phoenix, AZ called the Phoenix Esoteric Society. Excellent active group with lots of great information and embraces no system

www.phoenixesotericsociety.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingIntoIt

Thank you very much for your help and this information, my friend. I will be sure to check it out!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dokuja

You need to understand that there are many different classes of what you would call "spirits" or "interdimensional beings" etc etc. Also, when many people are connected, they form a spiritual collective, that is kind of like an energetic "structure". The more "followers" that are "patched in" to thier orders (i.e. through initiation ceremonies), the more "power" that the group acquires. Many people innocently "sign up" for these groups without having the ability to really know what they are "signing up for" in spiritual terms - they could potentially be locking their soul into a contract for more than one lifetime, as well as particular planes in the afterlife. All I am saying is, there is joining a soccer club, and there is joining an occult order.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I am a member of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn here in the US.

Also, I would recommend the Open Source Order of the Golden Dawn if you would like to study up on material.

If you have any questions feel free to IM me.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

Thank you my friends for this enlightening information, I truly appreciate it. I was wondering, how do I know if I am "innocently signing up" or not? Essentially, what I mean is, how do I know what I am signing up for and if this is something that is truly for me? I am very interested in pursuing the Occult, and OTO and these other orders appeal to me. But with what you are saying, it seems like joining these orders is a "much bigger deal" than I had originally thought. So once again, how do I know if I should do this or not?

P.S. Currently, I plan on joining the OTO and studying up on all of these other esoteric orders on my own by self-study by aid of a mentor. FYI

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

Hey brother,

I actually need to get 4 more posts (including this one) before I can send U2U's. Would you mind telling of your experience with the HOGD? Also, what is the difference between doing the OSOGD and actually joining a physical GD Order? Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join