It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alcohol kills more than AIDS, TB or violence

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Not sure what to think about it? Alcohol is the most legal pain reliever of all time. That about says it all, don't you think?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribaltrip
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

Are you sure you haven't had too much aspartame, cause if I didn't know any better there might be a few holes in your brain. You sir, are talking out of your finger tips.. Marijuana on a grand scale is NO more dangerous than sugar... In Africa, people get killed over food, and people are forced to sell food and get killed while trying to do so all the time... Are you saying there is a big difference. Obviously smoking weed or anything for that matter is bad for your lungs, your heart and of course your brain... But that is a fact of life. You don't think you are breathing in carcinogens around a camp fire? We live in a world surrounded by cars pushing out pounds of carbon monoxide, guess we should make people start biking everywhere?
Since when did we care about genetic modification. Have you tasted a tomato lately?
And I can guarantee you chances are most of the marijuana on the market is just high quality, I wouldn't say genetically modified, that is a stretch.
Clearly, it hasn't been until recently that the public has been doing this as I'm sure not everyone knows how to REALLY GM weed

Essentially I posted this so you could put your head back on straight and realize that marijuana is not to blame for deaths. People are responsible for their actions. Yes, I know some people can't control what happens to them, but we all know what is possible. I have seen a guy get his ass kicked (sent to the hospital with fractured skull) because he wouldn't give a guy a cigarette.... Guess we should make that illegal too? Cause you know god forbid it would happen again! But what would happen next I ask you? What happens when the cabby is robbed for his fair and shot dead in his seat or stabbed in the throat? Do we blame cab riders for cab driver deaths? Maybe not everyone on here will agree with my logic, most likely you.

Listen, we could argue until the smoke begins to create resin stains all over the cieling. But the truth is. PEOPLE LIKE TO GET HIGH. This alcohol statistic proves it. People are not satisfied with being sober.
How many people get headaches from their caffeine addictions, yet they still use knowing that it is bad for their hearts, makes stress worse and can essentially put you in the hospital if you drink to much.
I don't think law should be like science or religion, a game of fill in the gaps until you hit the next paradigm shift, however people are to silly to use the big jar in the first place.

Feel free to rant on some more about the REEFER MADNESS you suggest exists.

Ok go on your straw man rant where you attack me and not the subject matter. Yes son any chemical can be bad. That doesn't make weed ok or just like sugar last time i checked you didn't smoke sugar to get a faster sugar high which in effect is what you are doing when you smoke weed. also here's the definition of Genetic engineering, also called genetic modification, is the direct human manipulation of an organism's genetic material in a way that does not occur under natural conditions. Is a lion crossbred with a tiger natural lol no! Like making the planet grow 2 pounds of buds or produce more THC chemical by cross breeding. What i cant believe is all the people who are agreeing with you when in fact you don't have a clue what you are talking about. I could attack you and call you a dumb pot head who doesn't look at the subject matter from an unbiased viewpoint because he wants to believe smoking pot is ok and will find any research to support that claim. I'm aware of both sides son as i have been a pot head my self in the past yet i have the balls to confront certain parts of the subject that you do not, Yes pot does have effects every chemical has effects on the body. IS pot all bad No. But unlike you i don't believe it to be a snake oil cure all with no bad side effects and i don't compare it to other drugs to try and take attention away from the bad side effect. All i did was post what research has been done on it.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
reply to post by James1982

lol son im not going to post my drug history on the internet so you can see if im telling the truth. Anyone can make up crap but I'm telling the truth and yes there has been stuff that i have done thats harder the weed. I know you can get high off morning glory seeds look it up, and if you buy a special type of cough syrup which is over the counter i might add you can get high off it. LOL some people are getting high off bathing salts here's the article www.washingtonpost.com... The three i posted i have never done or will do. If you want info on any type of drug i suggest this website www.erowid.org... i hope you use it for education purposes only. Personally im done with drugs but i do smoke cigs and i no longer drink
edit on 11-2-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

How about you stop calling people "son" it either makes you look like some "gangsta" wannabe or some washed up old fart that thinks because he's old he knows what he is talking about. Neither is a very positive image, at least in most people's book. LOL

Lets look at what you said:

"I have done a lot of drugs in my day weed was one of the strongest its effects last for years on its users"

How about this, go down to the area where all the junkies hang out. Ask all the crack heads, heroin fiends, and meth addicts about their addiction. I can guarantee not one of them will say "yeah this heroin sure is kicking my ass... but it's NOTHING compared to that Marijuana stuff I played around with, that stuff is no joke!"

Which is why I doubt you have done any serious drugs, if Marijuana was the strongest. Sounds like you are just making stuff up to fit some anti-marijuana agenda you have.

You also say:

"I know you can get high off morning glory seeds look it up, and if you buy a special type of cough syrup which is over the counter i might add you can get high off it."

What does this have to do with anything? And I don't think there is anything "special" about robitussin, which is what you are talking about I'm assuming (contains DXM) and it doesn't make you high, it makes you delirious.

Thanks for the link to Erowid BTW, a site that every middle school kid trying to figure out how to get high off nutmeg knows about
I'm no gansta type lol I call you son because from what i have read from you i dont think you know what you are talking about, Just because theres a misconception about weed not being a powerful drug which was started in the 1950's with swhag lol. Today it is way more powerful and you cant doubt that. What you are doing is comparing addictiveness between drugs not what effects it has on the user after they stop using it and got past the addiction stage. Weed is a Psychotropic and it can stay in the fat cells for a long time still effecting the user. More addictive drugs just change the chemical makeup so you crave the drug but they don't last in peoples system like Psychotropic drugs do. Look it up. : When people make personal attacks on me instead of attacking the subject i call them son to piss them off. In fact we might be the same age if your born in 1982[
edit on 12-2-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Once again, if anyone bothered the read and take HEED to the Holy Bible, this cause of death could be completely avoided. But then again.....some times people just need to die, and are to stupid to live?!?!?! Oh well...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KingKeever1611

No idea what point you are trying to make.... What are you talking about? Where jesus turns water to wine for people to drink?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
I remember reading somewhere that THC actually kills the cancerous cells before they spread. Don't know if this is true or not.

Well, what is not commonly published in studies is that alcohol only kills the dumb brain cells, leaving more room for the smarter, more creative cells to operate.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingKeever1611
reply to post by queenofsheba

But then again.....some times people just need to die, and are to stupid to live?!?!?! Oh well...

I think that is the justification for putting all the chemicals in our food supply, air and water. I hope you aren't one of their customers, because that would be ironic.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
When you put aspartame into a hot beverage it turns into formaldehyde and RUBBING ALCOHOL
alcohol is killing a lot more people then is obvious from the statistics even.
edit on 12-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2011 by Danbones because: ps re the model A ford - Alcohal is car fuel, of course its deadly! heh heh

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
also here's the definition of Genetic engineering, also called genetic modification, is the direct human manipulation of an organism's genetic material in a way that does not occur under natural conditions.

You should have quoted the next sentence as well... "It involves the use of recombinant DNA techniques, but does not include traditional animal and plant breeding or mutagenesis."

Marijuana growers are not using genetic modification.
edit on 12-2-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Come on
Do just a tad of research before addressing me. Show me one verse where Jesus drunk alcohol. I can easily, off the top of my head show you 10 where you are commanded not to drink fermented grape juice, or wine.

But regular grape juice is called wine in the Bible as well. Its called New wine. Which think ye Jesus made? Look it up. John chapter 2.

As I was saying, let people die. You reap what you sow. If you want to drink poison, then by all means, Bottoms up!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Originally posted by lazernation
This is a toughy..

I could never agree with banning alcohol, mostly because the majority of the people that drink don't cause any problems, so why should they go without their tipple just coz some folk get violent or addicted to it.

Then by that logic, coc aine, heroin, and smack should be legalized. Some people use it daily and have no probs with it......

Does that make sense?

I think that makes perfect sense. Good idea. All drugs should be legal, yes..

People like to get high. Why? Boredom? Exploration of other mental states? Drugs make life that much easier to tolerate? Who knows? I know why I like to get high.

Banning people from taking one drug means they'll just find another drug, or stick two fingers up at the authorities and say "F off". To be Franklin, what the hell has it got to do with government what people do in the privacy of their own homes. I say people should stay out of it. None of anyones business what I do. None at all. I'm so sick of having this argument with nosey, interfering people. Leave me alone to get my kicks in the way that I choose. I choose herb when I can get hold of it. Whatever gets you through the day, right? Sorry all you clean living folks but I just ain't that into football or badminton. The gym is really, incredibly boring. Religion is mental. TV is rubbish most of the time etc etc. Give me a couple of joints and I'll sit and read my books, surf the internet or play some guitar. No problems. I'll keep turning up at my crappy job and paying my taxes. I won't punch anybody or rob anybody. I'll get out in the garden and do some work at the weekend. Job's a goodun. Happy days. This has been said so many times by so many people. I feel like I'm stealing other peoples words. When are the idiots gonna listen?!!!!!! Aaaarrggghhh!!!!!!

Those people that do go out and punch/rob somebody when they're high or drunk, lockem up and study them until you find out why they did it. Don't make me and my friends suffer because a minority of people are messed up in the head or have no morals or respect for property.

Again, ban advertising for ALL drugs. No problem. Teach the kids the risks and benefits, then tell them to make up their own minds. Or do tptb think that people are too dumb to make their own choices? Some maybe, but the majority of folks are perfectly capable of making informed choices, if they are informed. The fact that alcohol causes so many deaths is only due to it being the most widely available and advertised. Not because it is some evil poison. Taken in moderation it has even been found to have some health benefits. Leave it alone if it makes you mad or sick. I would if I was allowed to grow my own herb.

I suppose there lies the problem. As has been said above, how you gonna tax someone for growing a plant that is so easy to grow? And how are the governments friends in pharma industries gonna sell their 'medicines' when they're no longer needed?

Sorry, I have a wee hangover and wish I had something to smoke. Rant over.

Laze

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingKeever1611
reply to post by TKDRL

As I was saying, let people die. You reap what you sow. If you want to drink poison, then by all means, Bottoms up!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Freedom to choose.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
to be honest i hope they ban alcohol.
Hell they banned my tobacco smoking

So why should alcohol still be allowed.
Then we need to ban sugar..
Then ban sex cause it cause's baby's which inturn cause's over population.

just saying lol

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Oh so the mythical one turned water to grape juice and not wine then? I see, what version of the bible is that? Afterall there are like 30 versions going around these days. What makes you think the one you prefer is the correct one? Don't assume I haven't done any research on the bible, I have read a few different versions cover to cover.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

No no, we need to ban sex because it makes us feel good, at least if we haven't been brainwashed otherwise. It is hard to enjoy sex, and things to do with it when we are told it is a sin and we should feel bad for doing it.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lazernation

Lol you hit the nail on the head hear bro. Easy to grow indeed, the first batch I grew, I literally tossed all the seeds that I collected in a year in a corner of the yard. That was all it took, I didn't water them, nature did it's thing. Next I found out about hydroponics, wow. It is not hard at all to grow plants with that system, and the harvest is fantastic.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by lazernation

Lol you hit the nail on the head hear bro. Easy to grow indeed, the first batch I grew, I literally tossed all the seeds that I collected in a year in a corner of the yard. That was all it took, I didn't water them, nature did it's thing. Next I found out about hydroponics, wow. It is not hard at all to grow plants with that system, and the harvest is fantastic.

Fascinating, you should start a thread about growing your own, but this one is about the lethal dangers of Alcohol. Not sure how it got hijacked into a pot is cool but booze isn't kinda thread.

This is a tired old argument and da Nile is more than a river.

Each to his/her own but lets discuss the topic, shall we?

Every day, 32 people in the United States die, in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. This amounts to one death every 45 minutes

SOURCE

edit on 12-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: added link

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Quote from another source with almost my same belief. To lazy this late at night to type out the whole thing:

The "good wine" Jesus made at Cana (John 2:10) was "good" not because of its high alcoholic content, but because it was fresh, unfermented grape juice. This is indicated by external and internal considerations. Externally, contemporary authors, such as Pliny and Plutarch, attest that "good wines" were those which did not intoxicate, having had their alcoholic potency removed. Internally, moral consistency demands that Christ could not have miraculously produced between 120 to 160 gallons of intoxicating wine for the use of men, women and children gathered at the Cana’s wedding feast, without becoming morally responsible for prolonging and increasing their intoxication. Scriptural and moral consistency requires that "the good wine" produced by Christ was fresh, unfermented grape juice. This is supported by the very adjective used to describe it, namely kalos, which denotes that which is morally excellent, instead of agathos, which means simply good. The "new wine" Jesus commended through the parable of the new wineskins (Luke 5:37-38; Mark 2:22) was unfermented must, either boiled or filtered, because not even new wineskins could withstand the pressure of the gas produced by fermenting new wine.

Source

Sorry about saying you didn't do any research. Just a misguided assumption on my end, I'm sure you have done plenty of reading. By the way, Stick with the Holy King James Bible for the inspired version of the Bible. I think that was another question you asked.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

What is the difference really? Blueberries grow up here like crazy, the highway is literally lined with it. I make blueberry beer from it. I make raspberry beer. They grow just as easy as mary does. You don't have to do anything really, it grows by itself.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Why is the KJV the correct version in your eyes? Yeah, that is one of the ones that I have read though, it was actually the first one I read. To know a little about me, I just turned 29 years old, 42 mins ago lol. On my insomniac stretches I have been known to read 400+ pages a night, and usually this lasts for 3-6 nights. I probably read a lot more than the average person, but then again I don't waste much time watching TV.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join